• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom Pokémon: Exeggutor Island Contest

CloudySkyLoftyMoon

『Teamate』
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)

Exeggutor Island Contest

August 11th,
Poni Island

Welcome to the Exeggutor Island Pokémon Contest, where tropical vibes and fierce competition collide! Join trainers from across the world as they showcase their Pokémon’s dazzling abilities in this unique blend of beauty, talent, and skill.

Set against a backdrop of lush palm trees and sandy shores, participants should be prepared to dazzle the judges with creativity and powerful moves. Whether you're here to compete or cheer on your favorites, Exeggutor Island promises an unforgettable experience filled with excitement, camaraderie, and, of course, plenty of Pokémon!

Are you ready to shine?

Rules

Characters will be expected to post at least once a week. I understand that life happens and I'm willing to accommodate you if you need time, so please message if you have trouble meeting this frequency.

Contest Performances follow the anime-style. There will be two rounds: the Appeal Round, where Pokémon use their moves in routine to demonstrate strength and skill; and the Battle Round, where Pokémon engage in Battle to outmaneuver or outplay their opponents.

Trainers are allowed to switch Pokémon between the Appeal & Battle Stages; however, whichever Pokémon you choose for the battle stage must be used for all matches.

Pokémon can use up to eight (8) moves. Moves may NOT be switched between matches.

To simulate the Contest Timer (5 minutes), each battle will have a limit of fifteen (15) Posts from either side. If the battle hasn't concluded by then, the winner will be determined via a peer review of the battle.

Legendary, Mythical, Paradox, and Mega Pokémon forbidden.

This RP is a single episode, meaning it will begin and end with the Contest.

This RP exists within a wider verse. If you enjoyed your time here and would like to RP more, feel free to reach out.

August 11th, Poni IslandWelcome to the Exeggutor Island Pokémon Contest, where tropical vibes and fierce competition collide! Join trainers from across the world as they showcase their Pokémon’s dazzling abilities in this unique blend of beauty, talent, and skill.

Set against a backdrop of lush palm trees and sandy shores, participants should be prepared to dazzle the judges with creativity and powerful moves. Whether you're here to compete or cheer on your favorites, Exeggutor Island promises an unforgettable experience filled with excitement, camaraderie, and, of course, plenty of Pokémon!

Are you ready to shine?
Rules Characters will be expected to post at least once a week. I understand that life happens and I'm willing to accommodate you if you need time, so please message if you have trouble meeting this frequency.

Contest Performances follow the anime-style. There will be two rounds: the Appeal Round, where Pokémon use their moves in routine to demonstrate strength and skill; and the Battle Round, where Pokémon engage in Battle to outmaneuver or outplay their opponents.

Trainers are allowed to switch Pokémon between the Appeal & Battle Stages; however, whichever Pokémon you choose for the battle stage must be used for all matches.

Pokémon can use up to eight (8) moves. Moves may NOT be switched between matches.

To simulate the Contest Timer (5 minutes), each battle will have a limit of fifteen (15) Posts from either side. If the battle hasn't concluded by then, the winner will be determined via a peer review of the battle.

Legendary, Mythical, Paradox, and Mega Pokémon forbidden.

This RP is a single episode, meaning it will begin and end with the Contest.

This RP exists within a wider verse. If you enjoyed your time here and would like to RP more, feel free to reach out.

Last edited:
Please send your character sheets straight to my Dms!

I plan to give the interest check a week or so to simmer and then we'll get started!

Are the appeals and battle stages of the contest a single battle (ie just one pokemon each side) or double battle style?
One Pokemon each side, which means you can use up to two pokemon in total (One for the Appeal Stage, one for the Battle Stage or the same Pokemon for both stages). I have plans for double battle style in the future, but wanted to test out with single-battles first.

Hi all, Geozaki Geozaki CHUUYAS_HAT CHUUYAS_HAT Extra123 Extra123 Twist Twist Wormy Wormy honeysweetest.co honeysweetest.co

I plan to start on Friday so we can have the weekend to get started!

Please try to DM me your character sheets before then.

Remember that since this is a One-shot, your CS doesn’t have to be too detailed.

Of course, you’re free to add as much as you want but I only need to know:
  1. Name
  2. Appearance
  3. Pokemon & Moves
Oh, I see the fairness now

you DM so no ones cheats to see other pokemon's weakness ^^

:xFwink:

Its pretty important in Contests so I wanted everyone to have a fair chance, I think it also makes the battles more fun since you’ll have to react to your opponents on the fly.
Are there/ will there be determined wins/losses before hand or will the person who is willing to lose just shoots a post of their pokemon fainting?

Are there/ will there be determined wins/losses before hand or will the person who is willing to lose just shoots a post of their pokemon fainting?
I don’t plan to pre-determine wins/losses, but I also won’t stop people from doing pre-determining between themselves.

Of course, to prevent people from losing once and then having nothing else to do in the RP, the contest will use two special tournament rules.

First, there’s a losers bracket. So people who lose early have a chance to climb back up the ranks and get back into the contest.

Second, once the top coordinators have been decided (the exact number depends on how many Ocs we get), then the Contest will switch from Tournament style to ‘King of the Hill’ style, and people will be given a chance to battle the the top trainers and take their spot.

In addition, the contest will also give out more than one ribbon so you don’t have to earn first place to in order to succeed.

if all goes well I’ll be doing several more of these with different formats (like doubles) and special environment/battlefields. So even if you don’t win here you’ve got a chance later down the line.

Edit: To clarify the King of the Hill style at the end, people will only have one or two chances to challenge since we don’t want this to be endless.

I don’t plan to pre-determine wins/losses, but I also won’t stop people from doing pre-determining between themselves.

Of course, to prevent people from losing once and then having nothing else to do in the RP, the contest will use two special tournament rules.

First, there’s a losers bracket. So people who lose early have a chance to climb back up the ranks and get back into the contest.

Second, once the top coordinators have been decided (the exact number depends on how many Ocs we get), then the Contest will switch from Tournament style to ‘King of the Hill’ style, and people will be given a chance to battle the the top trainers and take their spot.

In addition, the contest will also give out more than one ribbon so you don’t have to you don’t have to come first place to in order to succeed.

if all goes well I’ll be doing several more of these with different formats (like doubles) and special environment/battlefields. So even if you don’t win here you’ve got a chance later down the line.
I love you man 🤗

Users who are viewing this thread

Back