• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
Roselia smiled at Juli, feeling a lot more comfortable now as she looked at her wanting to talk more, Imogen listened to Maria's story as she wasn't too surprised on that being Maria's stop. " Ooo Lavaridge Town huh, well Maria lucky for you. I haven't even been their either " she chuckled with a glee, " So that makes it a exciting first time trip, I usually don't stray from my usual route from Rustboro to Verdanturf. But im happy I did, I got to meet you so that's what I call Grade A deal. " Imogen lightly smiled as she saw the waitress come back over. " Oh you didn't know.. " she raised her right hand up. " I used to have a base myself in Rustboro Hills actually, oh the possibilities and fun you can have. People say it's just a Treehouse, but there is a lot more to that. Besides, it's not just trees. "

She waved her hands slightly. " There are caves, underground coves, water caves...Ok I know mostly naming caves, but that's beside the point. The point im making, bases are supposed to be fun, though some require a little manpower to reach them. Whether by using a tough Pokemon orrrr. If your lucky you can have easy like me and go into one with ease. " she rambled as the waitress stood by them, Imogen watched her take Maria's order then when she was asked the same question. " Hm...hm..oh ! Uh the..Honey Kelpsy Salmon please. " she replied as the waitress wrote the order as Imogen drinked her soda, " Very well girls, I'll be back. " she replied to them as she walked away to the kitchen. " Another dish I never heard of, Gameni huh..." she said with a curious look.

María Arwood
E1m1XXs.png

Julieta, the Alolan Vulpix
(F), Lvl. 15
Vulpix, Alola Form. The Fox Pokémon. An Ice type. Vulpix is covered in white fur and was discovered on Mount Lanakila. Its breath can reach a temperature of 60 below zero, freezing anything it touches. And that Vulpix? It's a Fire type. When carefully groomed, its six tails can be extremely beautiful.
-
María's first Pokemon. Julieta was hurt and crying when María found her; María hugged her, brought her home, and they were inseparable ever since. Julieta is cautious around new environments and experiences, but she can get really into something once she gets the hang of it. She's always looking out for her trainer. If it weren't for Julieta, María would probably have trouble sleeping soundly.
Type: Ice
Ability: Snow Warning
Moves:
Powder Snow
Disable
Ice Shard
Icy Wind
Location: Dulcey's Dinery, near The Greenhouse (between Mauville City and Fallarbor Town), Hoenn
Time: Afternoon
Wearing: Green baggy trousers, a red-and-black flannel shirt with a white blouse underneath, red sneakers, black socks.
Items: Brown Backpack (inside: notepad (the pages where the berries were shown in the book 'Ancient History of Pokemon, Volume 5', to 'be careful when growing the Moon Berry', some possible nicknames for Imogen—Immy, Mo, Genna, Gen..., Director Flora's number), 'Ancient History of Pokemon Vol. 5')

Juli kept near the Roselia, wanting her to feel safe. "Vul, Vulpix (What would you like to do, instead of battling?)". Meanwhile, María observed Imogen endearingly as she told her all about the treehouses, caves, coves. She smiled warmly when Imogen told her it'd been, in her words, a 'grade A deal' to meet her. She probably had never smiled like an idiot this much in a single day.

"Well, you'll have to show me one of those caves, coves, whichever... and hey, we can go together, to Lavaridge" María said, after taking a sip and giving Imogen's hand a slight touch, blushing very slightly. Imogen didn't seen annoyed by it before, and María wouldn't admit it, but she craved and liked the physical contact.

"I am full of mysteries... so much so that even I have no idea what a Gameni is, yes," María said, attempting to make a joke and giving a light chuckle.

Roselia looked at Juli, her eyes we're wide open as she was thinking. " Rose...Rose..Roselia ! ( W-well...um...actually to tell you the truth, it was just more enjoying the company of the other Roselia's and Budews. We would play with flowers, making them grow healthier. Or with the other local Pokemon in the area. Also the spring water made out leaves change different colors for a while...It was so fun. But something happened...it ruined my paradise...) " Roselia said sadly as she looked down holding her body tightly, it made her shudder to remember. But she was open to telling someone else about it.

Imogen's eyes changed to Staryu pupils again as she clapped excitedly. " I would be happy too Maria ! But um..." her eyes changed to normal as she gave a nervous chuckle. "Certain places require a tough Pokemon and Sable here isn't what you call a Machoke in cotton. I know what I said. " she phrased on the last sentence, knowning what she said made little sense, but she felt excited to show Maria all around Hoenn, but their was a issue that most people have about Hoenn. " Down the eastern side of Hoenn...well...some areas you can only reach by a Water Pokemon. But no worries, I have funds for us to take a ship their or even better rent a Swellow Express, Basically these large Swellow's fly people all around Hoenn. Their is a charge of course, though it's not that bad. Could be worst, I heard people had to use Pokémon to travel around a lot. However things are much easier for people who are just casually traveling. So that's good all and all. " she said smiling as she felt Maria touch her hand, she chuckled a little. " Sure are touchy feel Maria. "

She then heard her joke as she laughed a little, " That's pretty funny Maria, but never try dishes your unfamiliar with...that can lead down a road of both sickness and nausea.. And empty wallet too.." she sighed knowing from experience but that's a story she isn't sharing. " At least I got you making jokes. The Immy Encore is spreading onto the Quiet Maria." she announced with a smirk on her face, as she lightly tapped Maria's hand.

Juli listened intently to the Roselia, who shivered and looked down, it seemed that her memories were frightening her again. "Vul, Vulpix (I'm sorry... we... we will make a new paradise, okay? WIth everyone)" Juli said with teary eyes, and she then hugged the Roselia.

There again was Imogen with her weird analogies, but, well, that just made her more unique. Who else would just said something as silly as 'Machoke in cotton'? Yeah, you wouldn't catch María uttering that in a million years. But that was alright. It still made sense... kinda. "Hmmm," María pondered for a moment what to do about the lack of easy travel in Hoenn waters and mountains. Maybe she should try and catch a Water-Type Pokemon that could help them travel, and a Bird Pokemon to help them travel by air if necessary? I mean, Imogen's recommendations didn't seem bad at all... but she always wanted to rely on her own self, plus, it'd be better with the two of them only. Yeah, she definitely would catch these Pokemon. And maybe they'll be friendly and everyone will get more friends, so, no downsides!

As she was thinking, though, Imogen went on and told her she was 'touchy feely' and how Imogen's 'Encore' was spreading onto, apparently, 'Quiet María'. What!? María didn't know what to say. Was that good? Was it bad? All she managed to do was blush slightly and look away for a moment, trying to think... straight, but failing, of course. When Imogen lightly tapped María's hand, María just couldn't take her shyness anymore—how could she be so weak!—and softly grabbed Imogen's hand, and said: "Well, it doesn't seem like "Quiet María" can influence "Brassy 'Gen", so: she adapted," María said sarcastically, then took a sip from her lemonade and smirked back at Imogen. She'd decided to call her Gen since Imogen called herself Immy, apparently, but, who knows if she'd stick with it, just came on the spur of the moment.

Roselia looked at Juli as her eyes opened up wider, as exclamation mark popped over her head. " Roselia ! ( I'm sorry I didn't mean to go on like that, but I would be happy to make a new paradise with you all. ) " as Roselia said that she gave a light smile. As she said that, she cheered waving her roses as leaves started float up and had a rainbow glow around them. It looked like she was going to do Magical Leaf, but she stopped herself quick. Roselia seemed to have little control of her moves, perhaps due out of nervousness or she was never properly trained or given time to adapt to her new Pokemoves. She had a warm smile when Juli hugged her. " Roselia... ( You're too kind though...um Vulpix, did your trainer name you ? ) "

Imogen could tell Maria was in thought about something, " If your thinking about the costs, don't worry about it. But we can try to get some more Pokemon if we're going to travel. Cause im sure. " she points to the left. " I challenge you ! " she lightly yelled. " Some trainer will do that, plus...I would like try to be a bit stronger. People do those gym challenges but, I don't bother. Oh ! Speaking of which you mentioned Flannery but in Rustboro we have Roxanne. Though when I left she closed the gym for a while, so they opened another gym it's mostly a optional gym. It's in Pacifidlog Town, it's mostly a Fairy Gym to trainers who want a 8th badge if a Gym leader wants to close theirs for vacation reasons. " Imogen explained, hearing Maria go along with her pun names made her smile. She lightly gripped her hand rubbing it softly. " I almost think you like holding hands

She saw the waitress come out with their order. " Hello girls. " the waitress laid down the Gameni, then next she set down Imogen's order as well. Imogen lightly pulled away from Maria's hand then the waitress bowed, Imogen looked excited for the food. The aroma of it made the food smell divine. " Yes...good ! Oh can I have a refill too please. " she commented as the waitress then took Imogen's drink. " Why yes you may dear. " she said. Then she turned towards Maria wondering if she needed a refill or anything else.

Juli observed the Roselia, it seemed like she was about to make some kind of magical move with leaves, but she stopped herself midway. The leaves that had floated up with a clear rainbow glow had been beautiful, though, and Juli'd been mesmerised by this sight as she hugged Rosey. She smiled back at her. "Vulpix, Vul, Vulpix! (Yes, we will make a new paradise, be sure of that! My name is Juli, and up there is my trainer María with your trainer Imogen, they're both amazing people!)"

María laughed pretty loudly, so much so that she covered her mouth, at Imogen's impression of trainers looking for battle. Roxanne... María had no idea who that was, but if Imogen spoke of her, she should be someone pretty well-know in Hoenn. When Imogen mentioned holding hands, María blushed a little, and only managed to murmur "I... do...", but it didn't seem like Imogen heard her, as the waitress came over and got their orders. "Ah, yes, a refill too, please," said María, and bowed a little.

"Then we should capture a Water and a Bird Pokemon so we can go at our pace," María said after taking a sip of what was left on her glass. She then took a look at the Gameni. "Oh. It's got lots of corms... it's got snap peas and bamboo shot, as well as some mushrooms... how interesting," María said, looking at the food, then at Imogen and her food, "your salmon looks very expertly cooked, too, 'gen" she said and smile softly.

Roselia smiled from the hugged as she softly pets the top of Juli's head. " Roselia ! ( You're hair is so soft, cold too. And so far the blonde one is, she saved me from a pack of Nincadas...which I'll admit sounds horrible. Might as well...have been saved from Weedles...the indignity...but Maria is wonderful too." she spoke smiling as she was enjoying Juli's company, Sable on the other hand wings twitched. She had been half listening to them talk, She opened up one eye, It seems like she was done with her little nap. She would often nap sometimes so she can be more alert at night.

" Easy there you Loudred Laughingstock. " Imogen teased laughing with her as well. She saw the waitress grab Maria's drink, " I'll be right back then girls. " the waitress walked away from them. Imogen focused her attention back at Maria, she watched her food and heard her explanation. " Wow, you make yours sound like a huge recipe you discovered. But goodness it smells delicious. " she reached for her fork. " Mine is simple, Salmon that's friend with glazed honey all over it. With bits of garlic on top. " she twirled her fork a bit, " Water and Flying huh...well it would be nice to save on money. Hmm...sure ! We could buy equipment too, But um...Pokemon are more mobile. Plus it would be neat to have more friends around too. " she lightly stuck her fork into her salmon, then grabbed the knife to cut into the salmon. Cutting it in small pieces.

" What type of water Pokemon would you grab ? I...Wait ! " Imogen heard the word Gen from Maria's lips as she paused in shock. " Stop the press, you called me by a nickname. Awww, now I gotta give you one...hmm...how about Aria ? Or, Or Mari ? Perhaps Mai ? Decisions...decisions..." she said as she picked one piece of salmon with her fork, as she ate it. The waitress came back to deliver their drinks back to them. " Enjoy girls ! " she said politely as she left to check on the other customers sitting.

Juli basked in the Roselia's affection, she was a really good kid, after all: just scared. "Vulpix, Vulpix, Vul! (Thank you... well Imogen has been getting along well with María—a wondrous feat—and yes, Mari is great, so hopefully we'll stay together from now on...)" Juli said, excited for their newfound friends.

María would never understand how Imogen just... pulled jokes out of nowhere. And they were actually funny! She gave a gracious chuckle at Imogen's amazement. "The wonder of wording," María said, smiling. "Oh, yes, new friends are always good..." she watched Imogen eat her salmon, then ate some of the roots on her Gameni. It was really well-prepared.

"Water... mmm... we'll see..." María pondered when Imogen gasped. "I guess Mari sounds good..." She wouldn't let anyone other than Imogen call her a nickname, but for this once, she was making an exception for this amazing girl she'd just met and become smitten by. Oh, gods, what was happening with her. She bowed yet again to the waitress, ate some of the peas, and looked at Imogen, who was all smiles.

Roselia nodded in agreement with Juli, " R-Roselia ! (I hope to stay friends with you dear. Well...at least our trainers can get along. Most I've known can hardly grasp such a concept. Together huh...hmm that actually sounds nice. ) " she nodded happily,

" Hmm ? Oh why of course Maria. I'm glad I can make you chuckle. " she laughed as she started eating more of salmon, she took some sips of her soda in between. She sighed with happiness of how good the food was. To her it felt like the most decent meals she had in a while, mostly cause she didn't really spend too much on food. To her if it looked edible and delicious then she would eat it all. Imogen was about a few more bites done with her salmon. " New friends are like those parties I see those kids play. What was it...BGM ? OPS...Hmm it was a short term for it...Anywho ! It would be nice to travel with more Pokemon...besides...those criminals I heard escape. Could appear anywhere, Some officer actually told me one was lurking around Route 111." Imogen said with a sigh, looking a bit annoyed as her cheeks puffed out.

She then chuckled at Maria for liking her suggestion. " Happy you like it then ! " she said with a happy grin on her face as she swayed her upper body back and forth like a pendulum. " Tee Hee ! " she whispered as she dived to eat some more of her salmon. " I have to say though, thanks for offering to pay... " she looked sternly towards at Maria. " Even though you shouldn't, I mean really Mari..." she lightly tapped her fork down on her plate, as she shifted her pupils up. " You should really let me do it. Or split it. " she motioned shifting her pupils at Maria when talking then back up, as she was thinking about something random in her mind and Sable was starting to be slightly heavy on her head with each passing few minutes.

Juli finally broke the hug and smiled at the Roselia, she was happy that Roselia could now see a brighter future, just as once she had seen a brighter future when she met Mari. "Vul, (Right? It's the best)" Juli said, dreamily.

How was Imogen so cute? María couldn't get her head around it! Anything she did seemed carefree and light and airy and... María wouldn't run out of positive adjectives to describe her if she were to keep on going. Well, that's what her mind pondered as she let Imogen talk all she wanted and listened intently, smiling all the while at her jokes and mostly ruminations of some sort or another. BGM was definitely Background Music to María... well that's all she could relate that term to, maybe it was some sort of parties but she had no idea nor interest in parties! Criminals, huh? Hopefully Pinsir would be able to deal with them. María didn't want to put so much pressure on Juli nor Sable. "Hopefully Pinsir and our new friends will help us deal with criminal shall they ever appear..." she muttered

Imogen swayed back and forth like a kid, she kept eating happily... it was bliss for María. She really was lovestruck. When she called her Mari, she sweared she got butterflies in her stomach. Imogen looked at her cutely, and María felt like she had to let her pay if Imogen so wanted to... but, agh, she still wanted to be classy and a lady and pay herself, damn it! She almost forgot about her food watching Imogen. So she ate some of her Gameni and then answered: "Hmm... I'll think about it but... hey, ah, I, I want to pay for you, I'm grateful and you're, uhm, lo-lovely," she said in a rush, it was hard for her to give compliments like that, "so I want to, don't feel bad at all, uhm, 'Gen" she said, smiled weakly, looked at Imogen and promptly grabbed one of Imogen's hands with her two hands, whatever that meant, she didn't know she just felt like it and now she was blushing a light pink, thinking again about kissing Imogen's hand as if she was in a damned princess story that she'd read some books of... how preposterous, or maybe it was fine...

Roselia chuckled a little seeing Julietta was clearly happy. She slowly looked up at the two girls, then looked at Imogen's plate. Roselia was curious on what was on Imogen's plate then she saw Maria's plate of food. " R-Roselia ! ( W-was that plants, I heard of plant based food but oh dear...) " she then turned her attention to Imogen's plate. " Roselia... ( The poor fish...but dear me I am starving...) " Roselia looked at Imogen was who in thought and focusing on Maria. She reached her left rose hand and scooped some honey onto her rose. She raised it up watching the honey drip onto the table. Roselia licked it as her eyes beamed, " Roselia !! " she yelled excitedly. Imogen heard Roselia as she looked at her then at her plate. Then at the honey on the table as she giggled. " Dorbs ! " she thought in her head.​
" Hmm ? " she listened to what Maria said, " Pinsir has to protect us all from those dangerous criminals. " she smiled being hopefully, Imogen took out her Pokenav, it was around 5:45. By the time they stepped outside it would probably sunset by now. Imogen sipped more of her drink as she finished up her salmon. Though a part of her was wondering why Maria was muttering, she looked nervous about something. " Hm..Mari..." she mumbled as Imogen leaned in to look at her. " Hehe...I'm lovely eh ? Hmm...well thank you Maria. " she leaned back as she clapped her hands together, smiling brightly at her. " I think your lovely divine too Mari, a angel in my eyes. And also ! My new bestie too. " she said closing her eyes as Sable fell off her head from nodding off. Sable hopped up awake looking around drowsy eyed. Imogen shifted her eyes down at Sable.

" Thank goodness...Sable was giving me a migraine. " she thought, Imogen enjoyed having Sable on her head, though sometimes it became a bit much though...Imogen coughed trying to get back on point. " But...if you wish to pay, fine but I will pay for the hotel, their was one a few buildings ahead. So we can take a short rest their and then prepare for battle. " she said with a cheer, being optimistic as she can but...she was a bit scared on the inside about the beast. Even if it was for something silly but she wanted to grow the berry in the best soil. Plus being rare and the risk of wilting would be losing a piece of history in a way. All the more reason for her to grow it into a huge berry tree.​

Julieta giggled a bit at Roselia's musings, she seemed to be surprised by everything and anything. "I think Mari called them 'corms'," Juli told Roselia before she saw her scoop up some honey and get excited when it fell to the table, then licked the honey. Had she never tried it? Well, it could be pretty addictive but also very tasty!

María, too, hoped Pinsir would help them... but she wasn't so sure. Still, she decided to believe that he would since Imogen was being so positive. Then, Imogen pulled a device out of her pocket... it was rather similar to her Pokegear, but the design was different, the screen was different, well, everything was different, did they use that in Hoenn or was it just Imogen? Ah! María also got the idea of asking for Imogen's contact, of course she had to! Hell, she was so bad at romance... or any sort of relationship sometimes. Then Imogen's smile blinded her, and she just smiled for a moment in bliss: Imogen had called her an angel?! Was she dreaming!? And her new bestie? So soon! Wow, well that was something, but she wanted more... all in due time, though. She muttered a very embarrassed thank you. Then Sable fell off Imogen's head and María couldn't help but smile at the situation.

"Mmm, alright 'gen," she'd made her day with the compliments, an angel! María was not in the mood to argue even though she wanted to pay for Imogen again too, well, can't get anything you want, right? She took a sip of her drink and ate the rest of the Gameni slowly, looking at Imogen every now and then, while Julieta stayed down with Rosey and Sable who seemed to be waking up now.

"Well, a delicious meal, right?" possibly the dumbest thing she'd said tonight, or, well, she kind of didn't know how to make small talk... maybe it wasn't that bad? Ah, who knows!

Roselia blinked moved her head to Juli, " O-Oh, corms...sure ! " Roselia replied pretending to know what she is talking about, Roselia only knows about some stuff about plants given she was more out in the wild and along with that she has more knowledge on flowers along with berries too. " Though, I feel a lot of humans don't eat too healthy. " she said as Roselia watched the two girls eating. But she could see Maria being more healthy, though Imogen from what she was eating had a lot of honey on her food, but it wasn't that much.

Imogen sighed with a small glee in her voice, " Call me Gen huh ? Well that totally works...Gen..." she smiled as she grips her long hair braid as she blushes. " So, so adorable Mari. " she sweetly says as Imogen started finishing up her drink. Imogen then stopped fondling her hair as she sighed, A part of her still felt bad for signing Maria up for hunting down a beast, Which was a Pokemon but something that was probably bigger than them. " Wailord..." Imogen whispered from her lips. Thinking the beast could be the size of that but highly doubtful. Imogen watched Maria finish up her food then looked at the waitress as she waved over to her, motioning to come over to her table. The waitress walked over to them with a warm smile on her face. " Are you girls finished ? " she asked as Imogen nodded. " I'm definitely all good here miss. "

The waitress lightly smiled, " Then I will get the check for you two and I hope you come visit us again in your travels. " the waitress said walking away towards a register area as Imogen looked at her, " You didn't want dessert did you ? " she asked.

Juli looked at the Roselia, who seemed very curious about everything around her, then answered: "Mmm, yeah... but Mari is really picky about what she eats, she's always looking for healthy food, never eats fast food and the like, she's pretty strict about that," Juli spoke, sighing slightly. She did like that María was strict about what she ate... though she worried if maybe sometimes she was too strict or overbearing on her own self...

María couldn't help but giggle slightly at Imogen's adorableness, and when she saw the slight blush of her hair as she called her adorable and ruffled her own braid, María couldn't help but smile, blush, and hide behind her hands for a moment. What was she even doing? This was so dumb... or, like, Imogen was too adorable...

María simply nodded at the waitress, too embarrassed to say anything. Then woke to attention when Imogen spoke to her. She hadn't even thought about dessert... when Imogen asked, though, she realised she didn't really want dessert... but she did want to have dessert with Imogen. It'd be nice to do it another time, though. They had a monster to hunt! Not that María was enthusiastic about it, but she wouldn't leave Imogen alone. "Oh, no, no," María said and waved away with her hand.

Roselia wondered what Juli meant on some of the words. " Fast...food..? Is it as fast as a Liepard ? Persian ? " she asked innocently as Sable looked over at them, she hopped a bit wanting to join on their little conversation. " Not that kind of fast food and w-who eats Pokemon...that's...um..." Sable was about to continue as Roselia points to a Slowpoke sitting with their trainers. " I hear they're tails getting eating. Most undignified if you ask me..." Roselia scoffed slightly moving her head as her head petals flowed a little. Sable waved her fluffy feathers, " That's not aloud here if either of those girls did that, I give them a one-two flurry attack. Or for Juli's she would freeze here. " Sable puffed as Roselia only covered her mouth with her rose hands. " You two girls..." Roselia sounded like she was about to burst into laughter.

Imogen watched her leave then looked at Maria. " Sooo Mari, what we're you hiding. It's so adorable to see you blush " Imogen laughed teasing Maria a little, She enjoyed her company and it was getting Imogen all giddy to have Maria break her silencing walls, so to speak. She rested her hands on her cheek then layed her elbows down onto the table, " Glad you said no on the dessert. " Imogen gave a small heavy sigh, " Im as stuffed as a Stufful...." she remarked though in her head Imogen loved making small Pokemon puns, unintentionally or intentionally she loved to blurt them out when she can. " Hmm...though." she stood up straight, " We should think about resting a little or do you wish to set out into the sunset and seek the beast now ? " Imogen asked, she wanted to make sure Maria was ok with going and she didn't want to rest first.

Given the situation it would be a one way trip their and the beast itself probably wouldn't let them go once they entered it's vicinity. Imogen saw the waitress set the check down for them. Though Maria wanted to pay for their food, she wanted to smack the payment out of Maria's hands and insist on paying herself. " I wish, I wish...but I can't fight hospitality against my own horrid kind gesture..." Imogen thought to herself making a small frown with her eyebrows furrowed down, giving a more slightly annoyed look. But she was definitely going to pay for the lodgings since they we're traveling together.

Juli laughed heartily at the Roselia's innocence. She really hadn't been out in the world for long, huh? As Sable came down, the conversation got more lively. "I think I could reasonably freeze you first if you tried to do anything to Mari, though," she remarked nonchalantly. She'd never heard anything about the tails of Slowpoke getting eaten... she wondered where Rosey had gotten that information from.

Your fault, María thought about the blush and almost pouted; and she wondered how Imogen could be so open about it. I mean, she understood it, that was just how Imogen was but... she also did not get it, if she took into account how she herself was, then it seemed impossible. She laughed at Imogen's joke, it was genuinely funny and, honestly, she really liked making Poke-puns, huh?

"We should first find somewhere to sleep and where we can leave our belongings, correct?" she said, more formally. Then snatched up the check that the waitress had brought over before Imogen had even a slight chance to do it... or maybe she'd had but was letting Mari do it, either way, Mari did it dramatically. "I'm paying for me and my... friend," she said. Yes, she wanted to say girlfriend, as dumb as that sounded, it made her feel giddy. She pulled out the Pokecoins and handed them to the waitress, with a hefty tip.

Sable looked at her with a bit of shock, She didn't expect Juli to retort back to her at all. Sable chirped chuckling a bit. " I'm only joking sheesh, you snowball..." Sable pouted as Roselia only chuckled. Imogen saw the waitress smiled brightly from the tip, " You two are too kind, I wish you two a safe travel. And be careful of the beast. " the waitress then took the money and walked away to another table. " Heh, that beast should worry about itself being safe. " Imogen said to herself as she stood up from her chair. " Though she was curious on what Maria seemed to want to actually say. "

She chuckled noticing the pause at the end of her last statement, " Hmm friend huh, eh I won't say a word she may hit me for it. " she thought as she grabbed Roselia's Great Ball, as she held up. " Ok Roselia...hmm how about Rosie ! " as Imogen said that the Great Ball opened up and beamed a red light. But Rosie dodged it completely as Imogen's eyebrows went up, she wasn't expecting Rosie not to go back. Rosie herself cried waving her rose hands not wanting to return just yet, Imogen smiled lightly with her eyes half closed, " Aww...ok I won't send you back yet." Imogen leaned down as she rubbed Rosie's head carefully, she watched her smile brightly. " You make sure this one here don't give you lip. " Imogen referring to Sable, who looked annoyed understanding that mouth gesture of hers.

Sable huffed a little as Imogen rubbed her head for a bit then stands up. " Ok my partner ! Off to the lodge then, we can sleep at the Inn in town. It's not far...it was by the Greenhouse I believe. " she said beginning to walk but then paused a bit, she turned around looking at the people at the tables as she had a serious look on her face. Sable and Rosie followed behind her. " There it is again...someone is watching us..." she covered her mouth a little, " I'm sure of it...someone heard our conversation with Director Flora...I can't tell who though..." she whispered, not noticing anyone of the groups at the tables suspicious at the least. So she ignored her emotions right now and left out the restaurant looking at Maria instead focusing on her.

María Arwood
E1m1XXs.png

Julieta, the Alolan Vulpix
(F), Lvl. 15
Vulpix, Alola Form. The Fox Pokémon. An Ice type. Vulpix is covered in white fur and was discovered on Mount Lanakila. Its breath can reach a temperature of 60 below zero, freezing anything it touches. And that Vulpix? It's a Fire type. When carefully groomed, its six tails can be extremely beautiful.
-
María's first Pokemon. Julieta was hurt and crying when María found her; María hugged her, brought her home, and they were inseparable ever since. Julieta is cautious around new environments and experiences, but she can get really into something once she gets the hang of it. She's always looking out for her trainer. If it weren't for Julieta, María would probably have trouble sleeping soundly.
Moves:
Powder Snow
Disable
Ice Shard
Icy Wind
Location: Outside Dulcey's Dinery, near The Greenhouse (between Mauville City and Fallarbor Town), Hoenn
Time: Afternoon
Wearing: Green baggy trousers, a red-and-black flannel shirt with a white blouse underneath, red sneakers, black socks.
Items: Brown Backpack (inside: notepad (the pages where the berries were shown in the book 'Ancient History of Pokemon, Volume 5', to 'be careful when growing the Moon Berry', some possible nicknames for Imogen—Immy, Mo, Genna, Gen..., Director Flora's number), 'Ancient History of Pokemon Vol. 5')

"Snowball? How am I a snowball? If anything, it is you who're a cottonball!" answered Juli, giggling all the while. Roselia seemed to find the bickering fun, and Juli was definitely having fun bickering, too.

María thought Imogen was being... quite over-confident, to say the least. Well, María would have to be double, no, triple! alert in any case now. She then looked at Imogen talking with Roselia, Rosie, Rosey, however it was, it was a cute name. It seemed like she'd liked the company, though, so María was glad, as she'd stayed out of her ball. Roselia dodged the ball and stayed out, and it was cute how Imogen nuzzled her, then rubbed Sable too, they were really nice companions.

María walked behind Imogen as they got out of the restaurant. Someone was following them? Was that possible? María looked around the restaurant but didn't see anything suspicious, but one's gut had to be trusted. "Lead, then, my partner," María uttered in a funny tone. "If someone is following us, though, 'gen, we should be careful," she added, placing a hand on Imogen's right shoulder. Juli followed them outside, playing and bickering still with Rosey and Sable.

Last edited:
Sable couldn't believe her ears on what she was hearing as she started tweeting hard to understand Pokemon speak, Roselia now going by Rosie was enjoying the company as she laughed, When they got outside, Rosie looked up at the place they just we're in. " So that's where we we're. " she whispered, " I'll remember that Juli..." Sable sneered as Rosie then shifted her eyes up at the roof, seeing a Patrat staring at them from above. " Hm..? A Patrat...those are rare here. " The Patrat then jumped from the back of the building as it ran off into the forest area.

Imogen was giggling at Maria calling her partner, " You're too kind to me Maria. " she said as they walked together, Imogen looked at the Pokemon as she was curious at what Rosie was looking at, but Imogen looking up herself was late. Eyeing the roof to see nothing, this puzzled her as she turned around. " What got Rosie looking up there ? " She thought to herself, ignorning the fact for now she made her way towards a small Inn. The inn was decorated with various types of shrubbery and flowers along the wall as well too.

The place was colored a light blue, it had a signpost next to the door called Green Peaks. " This place looks nice. " Imogen commented walking to the door as she opened it up, looking inside their we're a few people inside sitting at the chairs or booths by the wall. They seem to just be resting though, the line itself was at the register desk. Luckily their was only one person in line as the rest of the Pokemon followed in as well. Imogen lightly grabbed Maria's hand walking up to the desk. " I can't recall the last time I stayed at a hotel or even a inn. "

María Arwood
E1m1XXs.png

Julieta, the Alolan Vulpix (F), Lvl. 15
-
Moves:
Powder Snow
Disable
Ice Shard
Icy Wind
Location: Green Peaks Inn, near The Greenhouse (between Mauville City and Fallarbor Town), Hoenn
Time: Afternoon (7 pm)

Juli looked curiously at Rosie, who seemed mesmerised by the place they were in. It felt her knowledge of the real world was not intuitive or as responsive as Sable's or Juli's. Granted, it was probably Sable who was most accustomed to wander the world as she pleased, but Juli had, too, got accustomed to being free in the world, thanks to María's help. She'd always be thankful. Juli stuck her tongue out at Sable, mocking her words. It was fun being a bit dumb and joke-y with her. Only Rosie had been able to see the Patrat, for when Juli looked, it was out of sight. "Oh, a Patrat? I've never seen one, that's great, Rosie!"

"Eh? N-not at all! Just normal!"
Normal... that's fucking dumb! That was María first reaction to her own words. Imogen, though, would probably not care at all. It was simply María's own insecurities coming to the fore. She was trying to work them out, but it was hard. Thankfully, it seemed that, unconsciously, Imogen was helping her out. While Imogen didn't catch any glimpse of the Patrat, María was indeed able to see a tail going up and over the the last tile of the roof, down into some other house, as playful the Patrat was. She did not know what Pokemon it was, though. Imogen seemed interested in it, so maybe María would do something about it. Maybe... probably.

They walked for a while, well, it didn't take long, but it seemed very long when she and Imogen were side by side and no one was saying anything. It was... awkward—already!—that Imogen was not talking her brains out. Eventually, they got to the inn, María first noticed its colour: light blue. It was nice. Then there were the flowers and the shrubbery and the pots and the streamers. Its name was Green Peaks. "It does," María answered. It really did. She followed 'Gen inside, where some people lounged around.

Now, what happened next, it felt like a daydream to María, because, wow, Imogen suddenly, comfortably, lightly, amazingly, grabbed her hand, nonchalantly, out of the blue, as if it were just the most normal thing in the world (and maybe it was for Imogen, which would not be good). Just, wow, now that she'd been realising her feelings for Imogen— someone she'd just met!—well, things were going at speeds that María had not foreseen at all. "Hehe," she gave an awkward laugh, "me neither." Well, that could only be good, if Imogen had not stayed with anyone before. Or it could be bad if she didn't know how to be a roommate, surely she could do that simple thing, and maybe make it amazing. Gah, what was she thinking?!

They got to the desk, where the receptionist was waiting for them. María'd wished the line'd been miles long, so she could hold Imogen's hand for longer... be that as it may, she had to regain some of her pride by being the one to ask for a room. How did that make her regain her pride? Who knows! But at least she was in control with that... somehow. "Ah, good evening, would you happen to have any available room where the two of us could take... hospitage," María said, lightly but with a clear voice.

"Well, yes, I may, milady," laughed the receptionist, and it flew through María's head that maybe she was talking a bit too formal for... a normal person. "Would you, honorable guest, prefer the single-bedded room or the two-bedded room, hm?" smiled the receptionist wickedly, like she just wanted to keep poking fun at the obviously mildly socially incompetent lady in front of her, then pointedly looked at the two girls' joined hands. María could do nothing but stare, then blush lightly, then look away at the clock at the top of the wall where the counter stopped, and the time was seven o'clock, because of course it was really important now to know what time it was, then María looked back to the receptionist, then to Imogen. "Uh..." And she could not say anything, and the receptionist was not giving her an easy way out either, just tapping her finger on the desk, waiting. And, yes, maybe she was dumb as hell. But you'd have to get her to hell to admit it!

Last edited:
Imogen tilted her head a bit, " Ok...this Receptionist is clearly having fun here. Definitely she is. " she thought, giving a small sigh a bit. Closing her eyes, The receptionist smiled as she looked at Imogen. " Of course your more then welcome to go to Mauville or the other towns to rest. But nights around here have been quite dangerous. Even with the police around protecting the place. " She urged, giving out small hints that Imogen could clearly notice. Imogen lightly let go of Maria's hands. " We're both adults right ? So I guess the single room. Since were strapped for money anyways and plus im not fan of beating trainers for money either..." Imogen said as the receptionist smiled, " Good ! Then I shall give you a card key. " She walked over to her desk to get a keycard.

It was labeled 5 on the keycard, she gave the card to Imogen. " Sorry I only have one, so you two may have to go together or coordinate your time on who gets the card. " Imogen smiled and nodded. " We'll be together anyways it looks like. " she turned her head to Maria, " Well roommate, let's get our rest for the night. " she said as Sable flew up and rested on top of Imogen's head. Rosie looked up as she gripped Imogen's leg lightly, looking around seeing other people walk in and out of the inn. She still hadn't gotten over her anxiety over other people, her attention was focused on the people more than the Pokemon. Pokemon didn't really scare her, not even ones that are the size of a legendary Pokemon. Imogen slowly walked, though difficult with her Pokemon so close to her. Walking to Room 5, she slid the keycard into a slot attached to the wall. Next to the door.

A beep sounded off, inside the room was one large bed. A mini kitchen area, the bathroom and a small coffee table with two wooden chairs opposite of each other. In front of the table, Imogen looked around the room, stepping down onto a carpet that had a Skitty pattern. Also on the automatic light switch was a small Beautifly and a Dustox figurine holding the sides of the light switch. " Cute...just cute..." Imogen thought to herself, giggling a little. " Wish I had went shopping earlier if I was going to travel...meh, oh well. Maybe I can shop for something in the town. " she spoke outloud, walking to the kitchen area. She opened the fridge expecting some treats for guests. But it was empty unfortunately.

" Alright Mari, I guess we should get some rest. " Imogen started to take off her light brown sandal heels. Sable flew herself down to the ground and Rosie let go of Imogen as they observed the room. " Have fun you two and no causing trouble Sable. " Imogen warned, Sable made out some of Imogen's words as she lightly stuck her tongue out at her. With her eyes close, lightly hopping to walk. " This is a small birdcage...? " Sable chirped.

María Arwood
E1m1XXs.png

-
Moves:
Powder Snow
Disable
Ice Shard
Icy Wind
Location: Green Peaks Inn, near The Greenhouse (between Mauville City and Fallarbor Town), Hoenn
Time: Afternoon (7:30 PM)

When Imogen let go of María's hand, María felt a tad... disillusioned. I mean, it was fine, they couldn't keep holding hands forever... and she was getting sweaty so maybe it was for the best but... still, she wondered if she'd done something wrong, or maybe it was just this receptionist who ticked Imogen off for some reason. Either way, she hesitantly waited for 'gen's answer. When Imogen said that the two could go for the single-bedded room, well, María was delighted, but she was also terrified! She nodded slightly, but... what if she rolled around too much in bed and inconvenienced Imogen!? Because she did that, of course she did that. What if Imogen hated the sound of her breathing!? What if she stank!? She would take a bath right before resting, she still had leaves twisted around her hair, for goodness's sake! As she pondered and thought about the many things that could go wrong, Imogen went ahead and got their only keycard.

María did her best to smile when Imogen talked to her, trying to get a genuine smile out rather than a feeble, hesitant smile, which was probably what came out. Hopefully she wouldn't notice. "Of course," she managed to keep her calm for now. Sable cutely flew on top of Imogen's head, and María focused on looking ahead of her. Juli looked at Rosie, who was holding her trainer's leg like a scaredy cat, Juli smiled at her, hopefully easing some of her worries, and then climbed on top of her trainer until she was atop her right shoulder, were she nuzzled against her cheeks, trying to soothe her.

They arrived to Room Five soon enough. There was only one bed, that was the first thing María noticed. Then she saw a very very small kitchen, a bathroom to the right, and a coffee table with two chairs. The remaining light of the day—practically none—entered through the room wholly, since the curtains, decorated with a Zoroak pattern, were drawn out, there was a small balcony that could fit three or four people, and a chair outside. She then watched Imogen walk around, first thing she did was open the fridge. They had just eaten, though! Maybe she was excited to see what snacks were there, she thought. Mari thoroughly regretted not having brought any snacks. Dumb! (Of course she couldn't have foreseen a thing of what had happened today as of yet, but, well, that was Mari for you!)

"I'm sure we'll find an open shop later... uh, I think I should take a bath, should I? I will..." María blabbered off as Imogen lightly scolded Sable. It was always funny seeing them banter. Sable was a good kid, though, she really was. Juli laughed at Sable stucking out her tongue and patted the Swablu on the back as half mock half real consolation. "Vulpix...? (A small birdcage...?)" Juli wondered outloud. María crouched and was looking through her backpack for her nightgown. Well, it was more like some light brown shorts and a khaki blouse, as well as black and white socks. Though... they were waking up at night for the beast-hunting, right? That would... really mess up her sleep schedule. She'd do it for Imogen this time but, hell, she'll talk some sense into her later. She was about to start undressing and folding her clothes when she remembered Imogen was there too, so of course she couldn't! "So, I'll see you in a bit?" she smiled to Imogen.

Last edited:
Imogen smiled at Maria on helping her going shopping later, " Well, thanks Maria..." she spoke quietly, with a light chuckle. " I'm only joking around, In short im always often hungry after a hour of just eating or even 30 minutes. I can be a bit of gluttony at times sadly. " she then sat on the bed, Imogen kicked off her sandals as they both smacked into the wall. She watched Maria, " O-Oh.." she looked away, seeing her almost undress, " You take your sweet time, I'll go right after your done. " she replied. Imogen then looked at Sable and Rosie too.

" Hmm...hey Rosie. " Imogen crouched down to her, Rosie looked at Imogen with a small tilt. She didn't look as worried as before and felt a lot more safe with everyone around. " Where did you come from ? You're a very strange variation of a Roselia. I mean sure some come with their own looks and all but you..." she kept staring at Rosie. Sable looked over hopping next to Rosie. Mostly out of curiosity and to see what Imogen was getting up to now. " Is their something on my face..." Rosie whispered to Sable. " Nope, the girl is being a weirdo again. " Sable chirped, Imogen looked at Sable next. " Listen Sable.." she holds her face lightly, " I need you two at your best. We're going to be doing a important mission, I know you missed fighting...ever since mom..." Imogen lightly held her head onto Sable's own forehead. " Swablu..." Sable cried, " Well...I know im no trainer...but im relying on you, not just me of course. Little Juli over their and of course Maria. I know you got this, Juli is going to be amazing out their too. " Imogen talked with encouragement.

Sable smiled a little, she didn't completely understand Imogen's voice. But she could feel her emotions and her overall body language. " She wants us to do our best tonight. " Sable said to the other Pokemon, " But we can do this, I might be rusty...but it'll be like soaring your wings for the first time again. " Rosie chuckled a little, " I think that only applies to you dear Sable. " Imogen could hear Rosie laughing, she had to join in the laughter too. She felt little less sadder now, cheering up. She sat extending her legs out looking at the other Pokemon with a bright smile.

María Arwood
E1m1XXs.png

-
Moves:
Powder Snow
Disable
Ice Shard
Icy Wind

Time: Afternoon (7:30 PM)
Wearing: light brown shorts and khaki blouse, and black and white socks.
Other outfits: First (Green baggy trousers, a red-and-black flannel shirt with a white blouse underneath, red sneakers, black socks).

María heard Imogen talk about how she was a bit of a glutton sometimes, then went on to the bathroom. Thankfully, it was very clean. It wasn't very big, but it was enough. She folded all her clothes, laid them out and then undressed and got into the bath. The trousers and the shirt were so dirty! She'd have to wash them later... well, all of the clothes. She thought about what snacks she could buy for Imogen that were healthy...

Meanwhile, Juli stayed outside for a bit, as she was having fun seeing what the others were up to. She laughed at Sable's funny remarks, but also felt proud that Imogen thought so highly of María and herself... María would feel so happy if she heard this. Juli knew María had a bit of a hard time socialising with people and she tended to push people away or to be a bit... gruff and unfriendly, but right now, both of them were doing their best! Juli decided to let the three of them alone to go take a bath with María. "Vulpix... (I'll go bath with Mari... don't cause too much of a ruckus... especially you Sable...)" she said, giggling, and then closed the door to the bathroom.

"I almost thought you weren't gonna come today, Juli..." María said, a bit gloomy. Juli jumped up and got to the bath, then nuzzled at her cheeck, not caring about the warm water suddenly touching her. "Vul, Vulpix (I love you Mari!)" Juli wanted to tell María how much she loved her... oh if only she could talk, but surely María understood from her voice and her gestures, as she smiled fondly and patted her head. "Now we're gonna wash us up."

After a while—they didn't take that long!—María and Juli came out of the bathroom, María fully dressed in her light brown shorts and khaki blouse, and black and white socks. "We're done," María said matter-of-factly, looking at Imogen's direction, who was doing god-knows-what.

Last edited:
Imogen saw Juli head into the bathroom, Sable had a bit of a frown from Juli's comment. " Swablu...( Trouble she says...) " she said to herself, During the time Rosie and Sable we're either talking or playing around in the room. Imogen saw that Maria was done, she smiled and waved to her. " Glad to hear, You look good now. " she chuckled as she stood up. " Then I guess it's my turn. " she spoke out, Imogen had a bit of worry on her face. Sable walked in the bathroom as Imogen walked in too. " Oh dear...what have I really gotten myself into..." she thought.

Her nerves we're starting to get to her again, " A shower would help me so much..." she started undressing, then began turning on the water on as she stepped into the shower. Next Sable got in as well, like Juli and Maria. They would often take baths together most of the time as well too. The two of them washed up, then soon as time past. Around at least 10-15 minutes, they we're finally done bathing, Sable stepped down onto the floor, full of bubble suds around her beak. It looked like she had a fluffy moustache. Imogen laughed watching her Pokemon, she looked so funny. Imogen began putting her clothes back on, she noticed a black rubber band on the counter. By the sink, she went to grab it.

Imogen began tying her long blonde hair into a ponytail, She gripped her hair on the back of her head. Then began tying it, the rubber band tightening down onto the back of her hair. She got her ponytail down, Imogen walked out with Sable. " Oh Mari ! We're all freshened up and ready ! " she slightly yell, mixed in with a giggle in her voice. She then walked over to the bed, her hair slightly dripping wet. Imogen lightly sat down onto the bed. With a relaxed sigh, she swung her feet lightly. " So...it's almost time huh..." Imogen spoke out to Maria, while looking up at the ceiling for no particular reason. Nerves or worry, she was still feeling either emotion deep inside her heart.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back