• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Pirates !

EvilBarrels said:
@Marshmallow, do you mind if I'm the Black Pearl's cabin boy? Due to both the nature of that role, and the nature of Aidan, I'd probably have to incorporate Aidan into my backstory.
Also, something completely unrelated, who else finds it funny that the pirates always seem to be the nice ones?
Ha, we think on the same wavelength, friend. Although I may be reading into this way too much but it might have something to do with people's ideals of the 21st century. Like for example remember when everything was so black and white back then where the 'heroes' were the good guys and could do no wrong while on the opposite side of the spectrum we have the 'bad guys' who could do no right? Lately all the attention has been shifting into a more sympathetic side for the 'villains' because we're now actually starting to look into their characters more. Like how they became bad in the first place and that ultimately just leads to a bus full of feels. Even Disney is riding the new bandwagon with the movie Maleficent.

OldFriendMii said:
Strength:4
Dexterity:3

Fortitude:2

Presence:2

Wits:3

Resolve:1
So, I finished up the details of your character. Is it fine?

EvilBarrels said:
Great :)
I'll have to post tomorrow, it's getting late. I'm looking forward for when this rp sets sail.
Okidoki~ Goodnight ! :)

UnsightlyTEAstain said:
Ha, we think on the same wavelength, friend. Although I may be reading into this way too much but it might have something to do with people's ideals of the 21st century. Like for example remember when everything was so black and white back then where the 'heroes' were the good guys and could do no wrong while on the opposite side of the spectrum we have the 'bad guys' who could do no right? Lately all the attention has been shifting into a more sympathetic side for the 'villains' because we're now actually starting to look into their characters more. Like how they became bad in the first place and that ultimately just leads to a bus full of feels. Even Disney is riding the new bandwagon with the movie Maleficent.
I agree with you completely !

And surely Maleficent just stabbed you in the feels. >-<

Marshmallow said:
I agree with you completely !

And surely Maleficent just stabbed you in the feels. >-<
Er...in all honesty I haven't even seen the movie yet and I'm seriously wondering 'WHY???' I haven't since I'm pretty damn (excuse my french) sure that it's swimming around the internet somewhere (or more specifically Megashare). I'm getting too caught up on my tv series and anime shows again -.-; But obviously not enough to still have some time for RPing :D

UnsightlyTEAstain said:
Er...in all honesty I haven't even seen the movie yet and I'm seriously wondering 'WHY???' I haven't since I'm pretty damn (excuse my french) sure that it's swimming around the internet somewhere (or more specifically Megashare). I'm getting too caught up on my tv series and anime shows again -.-; But obviously not enough to still have some time for RPing :D
Hahaha. Well, maybe you can watch it sometime later? It's a pretty good movie. ;)

I'm new to this type of format can someone explain how to fill in the character sheet??? >_< Sorry for the trouble. Where do you put the numbers and etc?

EvilNoisyBirb said:
I'm new to this type of format can someone explain how to fill in the character sheet??? >_< Sorry for the trouble. Where do you put the numbers and etc?
Hehehe, yeah it can be confusing at first.

So you see strength, dexterity, etc standing beneath each other and then you see the rows of numbers (.../5).

You just have to compare them, the first .../5 is strength, the second .../5 is dexterity, and so on.

-shakes fist at alerts for making him read four pages-

Also what did you mean by 'presence' in the statistics portion of the CS?

No, I think presence would mean how pleasant of a person they are to be around. I think. xD How noticeable they are while walking down the street would make a bit less sense, but I could be wrong.

Nobody said:
Also what did you mean by 'presence' in the statistics portion of the CS?
Well, for the presence section, I meant something along the lines of well yeah, being known among the population just from sight alone.

whitefoxkiller said:
Gosh are you still accepting????!!
Yes, I still am.

Ktulu said:
No, I think presence would mean how pleasant of a person they are to be around. I think. xD How noticeable they are while walking down the street would make a bit less sense, but I could be wrong.
And yeah... It's something like that actually. But more like having heard stories about the captains/crew that people have come up with.

Some are more correct than others.

It also depends on how much the person tends to pull the attention towards himself and making him really known with the population.

There are also cases with his/her head having a picture of themselves on a "wanted" poster.

App submitted! But I can't upload the picture ref right now because i'm not at home (uploaded from phone via copy and paste from Google drive xD ). Can I put it up later? ;v;

EvilNoisyBirb said:
App submitted! But I can't upload the picture ref right now because i'm not at home (uploaded from phone via copy and paste from Google drive xD ). Can I put it up later? ;v;
I'll look at it tomorrow so you have the time to upload the picture.

It's quite late right now.

Goodnight~

Alright, so, I don't really want to just barge onto ships and say that I'm their first mate, so I decided to ask here. So, anyone want a badass, super tall, demonic looking, probably psychotic, first mate?

AvidElmV2 said:
Alright, so, I don't really want to just barge onto ships and say that I'm their first mate, so I decided to ask here. So, anyone want a badass, super tall, demonic looking, probably psychotic, first mate?
No one..? Okay… I'll just go get in my corner....

*crawls into the corner*

*sobs*

Okay, character is now posted. I had a lot of trouble finding a cabin boy picture I liked, half the results were from the movie Cabin Boy. In the end, it came down to the one I chose and this one:

review_mtigonzo_1b.jpg

AvidElmV2 said:

No one..? Okay… I'll just go get in my corner....

*crawls into the corner*

*sobs*
Hehe, sorry I was asleep. xD

And you can join any ship that you want as the first mate. ^^

EvilBarrels said:
Okay, character is now posted. I had a lot of trouble finding a cabin boy picture I liked, half the results were from the movie Cabin Boy. In the end, it came down to the one I chose and this one:
review_mtigonzo_1b.jpg
Well the one in the picture here won't fit the story... probably. xD

@EvilBarrels You still have to add one point to the statistics. ^^

Marshmallow said:
@EvilBarrels You still have to add one point to the statistics. ^^
I'd prefer to leave it out if you don't mind. In my opinion, all the levels are set just where I want them for this character. Well, that's assuming "3" is the Average Joe level.

EvilBarrels said:
I'd prefer to leave it out if you don't mind. In my opinion, all the levels are set just where I want them for this character. Well, that's assuming "3" is the Average Joe level.
Okidoki, just wanted to make sure that you knew about it. Some could overlook it which is normal. ^^

Guess, I'll be starting up the RP pretty soon. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back