Pirate Rp, Interest check

Question... this is a historical pirate roleplay... so what's the stance on women? I know you're allowing male and female on your character sheet but I'm wondering if women would need to hide the fact that they're female or not? Because typically they weren't allowed on ships (other than notable exceptions like Anne Bonny and Mary Reed, etc.,) because they tended to cause some serious disturbances within the crew, driving men who'd been at sea for months mad and leading to severe violence among the crew. So. What's your stance on that?

...I ask because it's fairly relevant to one of my two characters.

The Captain believes that men and women are on the same level, so on the ship women and men are treated as equals. Off the ship depended on where they were, because many men respect her and the other females on the ship, knowing how strong and tightly bonded the crew was.

Cool. I was just wondering because of the general history of things vrs., y'know, roleplay worlds which tend to be more lax.

Oh! I love pirate stories! I started loving them when I read the true confessions of Charlotte Doyle.

I don't know about you guys, but most of my pirate knowledge came from assassin's creed 4. Such a brilliant game.

Ah, I love AC (though two will always have my heart). Though I must say most of my knowledge about pirates comes from heavy reading, study, and research done for papers on the subject.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back