Perfect flurry

Caelun_Niveus

When face with a flurry, if you use a perfect against it how many times would you have activate the charm against it?

For two "examples":

First, the combo that brought up the question:

1st archery excellency / Elemental Bolt Attack / Swallow Defends Nest / Elemental Empowerment Meditation (from the combo-owner's word capable of doing 20 attacks and 520 lethal dice pre-soak)

And Second:

Simply two normal attacks in a single action. Possibly from a mortal. You are wasting the perfect simply to intimidate them.

Edit: And now the combo creator is saying that in the scenario, A solar could only use his perfect to dodge one of those 20 attacks per tick. This is wrong right? I couldn't have read the rules that badly...

A perfect defense normally only works against a single attack, unless otherwise stated. A rare few defend against more than one. Though your Dragonblooded is likely badly off on their math in a number of ways with their combo, perfect defenses normally would work 1 charm use per one attack defended, in most cases. However, nothing keeps you from using that charm again against another attack. It's reflexive, and can simply be used each time attacked, so long as you haven't used another charm, if not combo-ed. Itself is NOT another charm. The cost to return against your DB's combo is likely to quickly turn out weaker than that of the perfect, actually.

However' date=' nothing keeps you from using that charm again against another attack.[/quote']
I'm guessing this was what I was first thinking, where you can spam the perfect as many times as need be but cannot use anything else.

His "argument" was that in the scenario, you could perfect only one attack out of the flurry period, and be unable to use any charms against the rest of the attacks that tick/action/whatever.

First, the combo that brought up the question:
1st archery excellency / Elemental Bolt Attack / Swallow Defends Nest / Elemental Empowerment Meditation (from the combo-owner's word capable of doing 20 attacks and 520 lethal dice pre-soak)
The Combo is invalid right off the bat because: 1) Elemental Bolt Attack and Elemental Empowerment Meditation are both Simple; 2) Elemental Empowerment Meditation is not an Archery attack, so it cannot be part of a Swallows Defend the Nest flurry even if you get rid of Elemental Bolt Attack.

Another mistake your friend appears to be making: Swallows Defend the Nest has a cap of (Essence) attacks.

Things your friend could do better pursuing the same Combo: Use Loyal Weapon instead of trying to reactivate Elemental Bolt Attack over and over (which is presumably why he wanted Elemental Empowerment Meditation in there, to pay for it). With the errata'd Loyal Weapon, you pay for a maximized Elemental Bolt Attack and then 1m per additional attack to use that same maximized bolt for the rest of your flurry. Also not a bad idea t throw on Glorious Birthright Font to bump the damage up further.

Edit: And now the combo creator is saying that in the scenario, A solar could only use his perfect to dodge one of those 20 attacks per tick. This is wrong right? I couldn't have read the rules that badly...
Yes, quite wrong.

(which is presumably why he wanted Elemental Empowerment Meditation in there' date=' to pay for it).[/quote']
Yeah, that was the reason. He recently showed up in the Skype chatroom I'm in, and after I found out he knew about Exalted, we got to talking. The charm was part of him explaining past games, the one in question here being a deliberate attempt at game breaking (may have been first ED, for what little the difference. is worth). He also claimed to have an artifact that functioned as Heroic Essence Replenishment but replenishing willpower instead (which was also part of the combo apparently). He succeeded in breaking the game, though I blame the ST for not being able to counter it even if he did rule it legal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back