• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Percipience (Small Roleplay, Detailed, Looking for Players)

Edric Yuma

Just Another Paper Cut Survivor
Welcome to Terranthea
f79f710ed5edbc52ae00343ff3c1a15d.png

"On this unforgiving planet, humanity's struggle to survive and desire to dominate work together in a harmonious cacophony of carnage.

Eighty-six years ago, a great inter-faction war exploded across Terranthea over two factions' desire for a single thermal pore. Unforeseen levels of destruction ravaged every single faction; few walked away from the war unscathed. Families were torn apart, clans obliterated, habitable land tainted with the blood of too many bodies. In the aftermath, all the factions united with one desire: to never be forced into such situation again. And so, the Terranthean Order Against Chaos was formed. The Order consisted of two representatives from each participating faction. They sought to resolve interfaction disputes as peacefully as possible. For a time, the planet experienced relative peace, something unheard of in its modern age of technology and warfare. Problems were quelled as quickly as they arose. But alas, tranquility is fleeting, and the price of peace is an eternal diligence that fatigues even the strongest man. A problem outside of the Order's control was upon us...."

New BeginningsThat's where YOU come in. There are 11 factions on Terranthea, and each faction is made up of clans working together for prosperity. But sometimes clans are unaligned and have no faction. Fifty-seven years after the great inter-faction war, a weary but powerful group of travelers, each from a different faction, find themselves recruited into a single, unaligned clan after leaving or being kicked from their faction. 'The Unknown Clan,' as most call it. Led by a farsighted ernmaster and moody goth chick, the so-called "moral mercenaries" shoulder some well-paid assignments and find themselves employed with much more than money at stake.

Roleplay InfoEach character will come from a different faction, and, for some reason or another, they find themselves joining the unaligned clan. Each of the ten playable factions' characters will have different abilities and weapons, and they will use them for the glorious, honorable and righteous cause of having more money. Throughout the roleplay, the characters will undergo several "powerups," gaining new abilities and new tools to tackle each assignment. The Unknown Clan is essentially a team of mercenaries, and they are hired by other clans or even factions to complete certain tasks, with money as the incentive. Be careful what assignments you accept....

If you would like to learn more about the planet, the factions, the mysterious energy known as Ern, and more, there is more info on the lore extra page: Fantasy - Percipience Lore & General Info

I am more than happy to answer any questions (no spoilers, sorry) pertaining to the roleplay, so please ask here or in the OOC!

Expectations/How to JoinI already have my CS page set up under the extra pages, but PLEASE do not post your character sheet without reading the rest of this interest check! There is a specific process to join, as I am only looking for around six players. I want people who I know will stick around and be as invested in the roleplay as I am! I have so much planning and story invested into this roleplay (7723 words worth of it, to be exact), and I want players to enjoy the experience of roleplaying with others as much as I know I will enjoy the experience of guiding the storyline (special thanks to DergTheDergon DergTheDergon for ensuring everything is clear and Alteras Alteras for helping with coding and Orikanyo Orikanyo for DM advice!) Thanks for reading this far!

Expectations
  • Follow all the basic rules (No godmodding, contribute to the storyline, etc.)
  • Be able to post at least once a week! Tell me if you can't so I can write your character out for a while.
  • Have readable grammar! Don't use text speech in IC, and make the formatting easy to read. I understand if English isn't your first language.
  • Post at least two moderately sized paragraphs per post! Don’t worry; I’ll give you more than enough to write about :)
  • Be friendly and have fun!

How to Join
I really want to make this successful for both the players and I! Here's what you have to do:
  • Read the lore and characters section of the roleplay
  • Message me an outline of the character's backstory you are planning on playing, as well as how active you think you can be with responses
  • That's it! I'll respond as soon as possible
I currently do not have the IC section of the roleplay up, but as soon as I have six players put up their CS, we'll get started! You can use the links above to view the extra pages (there are links to the other extra pages on each extra page) before working on your backstory. I'm not very picky with the kinds of backstories I accept; just try to make them related to the faction and the planet's overall storyline. ^_^

Accepted Players by Faction:

1. Seishisai: ithinkcat ithinkcat
  2. Renwhirl: Collidias Rex Collidias Rex
  3. Phantomshade: Kloudy Kloudy
  4. Steamheist:
  5. Rudonia:
  6. Zenobia:
  7. Vanarin: Fayree Fayree
  8. Whiteband: Berries Berries
  9. Wildcrest:
  10. Symrustar:

Last edited:
I like you. I like your thingy.

Interest. Very interest.

Skimmed lore and CS and I like what I see, but I'll have a proper read through and get back to you with something coherent.

Eyeing up Renwhirl or Phantomshade at the moment.

Last edited:
I’m definitely loving the Whiteband and Vanarin regions. Will try for a character sheet tomorrow.

I like you. I like your thingy.

Interest. Very interest.

Skimmed lore and CS and I like what I see, but I'll have a proper read through and get back to you with something coherent.

Eyeing up Renwhirl or Phantomshade at the moment.

Love the effort you put into this. You certainly got me excited. Gonna try and nab that Seishisai spot.

I’m definitely loving the Whiteband and Vanarin regions. Will try for a character sheet tomorrow.

Thanks for the interest guys! I’m so happy you guys like it. Fayree Fayree unfortunately the Whiteband spot has already been taken, but Vanarin is open!

Also, be sure to DM me an outline of your potential character’s backstory before posting a CS!

Sumire. lol yeah. Oh I have not been playing for a while too. Shadowz reopened Rising Sun but there aren't as many people and fewer from the original group.

Thanks for the interest guys! I’m so happy you guys like it. Fayree Fayree unfortunately the Whiteband spot has already been taken, but Vanarin is open!

Also, be sure to DM me an outline of your potential character’s backstory before posting a CS!

I have a background but I can’t yet start DM’s. My 24 hours should be lifted soon though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back