• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Path of the Taelesol (Fantasy Dragonwolf Rider/Warriors)

MythyDW

Five Thousand Club
Hello! I have a custom setting below I think could be fun! Please drop a message if you're interested!

full

The players are of an elf-like race known as Aer. They inhabit their world of Shylyr Vasadi (Wondrous Paradise), where the world is full of natural wonders and resources. The Aer build their cities into forests and mountains, using the natural world as the foundation for their buildings.

The Aer have built a connection to one of the more powerful beasts of the land: Dragonwolves, or Pandrylyr. Canids large enough to ride, with feathered wings and horns on their head, they have become linked to the Aer in a powerful way. A Pandrylyr, when born, will sometimes feel a strong link to a young Aer, and when they are a few days old they begin their search for the Aer teen. Once they meet, they become inseparable and the younglings are inducted into training to become a Taelesol. They train until the Pandrylyr is old enough to fly, and beyond.

df5f4b33ca203d7a0fbedb7f2bdb0183.jpg

A Taelesol, during their training, finds the weapon that suits them the best, and forges one of their own. They gain armor crafted in the colors of their Pandrylyr, and learn to control the magic element that they share with their partner.

Taelesol are trained for good reason: Pasandrylyr, the Dark Dragonwolves. They are bipedal, hunched-over monsters that wield claws and crude weapons with deadly efficacy. Though all Aer are trained as guardians, it takes a Taelesol and their Pandrylyr to beat the insurmountable odds that are normally faced when Pasandrylyr attack.

Last edited:
I love the sound of Path of the Taelesol, personally. I'm very intrigued by the creatures and the ideas with that one in particular.

Well I'd be happy to have you join! If I may ask, what intrigues you about it? :)

Where to start? Much of it reminds me of my Partheus, what with the Pandrylyr knowing of their connection upon birth to a young Aer. I am also very interested to know exactly what the Aer are, other than elf-like. And what created the Pasandrylyr. Will this be a story of light and dark? Or is there more to it? I love the twists and turns of discovering the baddies and what makes them bad to begin with. Plus...look at those guys. They're so cute and awe-inspiring and awesome! Not all dragons have to be traditional, after all.

I actually created a shape-shifting dragon years and years ago who could shape-shift into a great beast of a wolf (think typical dragon size, but instead a wolf) who was the protector of the forest. He ended up bonding to a young nymph who was scared of even herself. Very fun to do.

Anyway, if you end up doing something with the Taelesol, I am definitely in!

I'm really liking the sound of ... everything you put up! Just confirming, players would be playing both Aer and their respective Pandrylyr, correct? Would be start from their childhood or straight into conflict?
Yes, and the plot idea so far is we're starting at the squad's graduation

_Chrysanthemum_ _Chrysanthemum_ Abyss Abyss

OOC link w/link to Discord is up!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back