• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Partner Search

EasyWright

Cracked Shell
Though I try to find longer-lasting roleplays, it seems that i have a hard time keeping them. I believe my short attention span is linked to an exhaustion of ideas from my roleplay partner of two or three years, now, and I think it would benefit me to have some kind of change. I'm looking for candidates that are up for long term rp, but won't get their shorts in a twist if they find that I'm not interested in what they had to offer. Here are my criteria:
  • I'd prefer my partner to be at least in their late teens. I don't really care very much what your age is, as long as you won't be pestering me every day and don't pull Mary Sues out of your ass. Be mature.
  • I generally do darker scenarios, so if you're sensitive to anything in particular, please let me know about it before we do anything.
  • I don't care about your character sheets, however much time you've spent creating it. I think that it's more effective and immersive if we just get to know our characters in the roleplay itself.
  • Though it's preferable to have responses that are a paragraph or more, I don't expect you to respond with an essay every single time, and I'd appreciate it if you didn't expect the same from me. Do what is necessary. I don't want to read the Declaration of Independence for a conversation between two characters about how they're dressed or every little thought that crosses their mind about that fly that hit their face last week.
  • Planning out the rp is fine with me, but if you think that you can do it on your own, do so. I like surprises.
  • I don't mind playing whatever gender.
I've tagged the genres that I'm interested in, and below is a scene that I've had stuck in my head for a long time. Feel free to respond to this thread with your own ideas, if you have them. I do my best to keep an open mind about what scenarios I pursue.

Cole Halber, son of Erik Halber, of the great house Halber, has seen how his and his allies' houses have ruined the economy and put the city on the brink of collapse. He seeks to keep his position as a nobleman, and, despite how he was raised, it would appear that the best way to keep his status is by stabilizing the lives of those that sit below him in the eye of the king. He can't dare ask for assistance from the great houses themselves, so he must go into the slums for help, lest there be a house war or worse: a revolution...

At it's heart (should you seek a romance), this is a noble x peasant story set in a fictional world in the 19th century, so it's steampunk (or medieval if you prefer). The time period and place is negotiable. If you'd like, we can add in fantasy elements and magic, but it's not required. Apologies if my attempt at outlining a concept is sloppy; I'm really just throwing together this post.
Feel free to ask me questions about whatever.

Last edited:
Hi there! I'm very much new to the site, but I'm not at all new to roleplaying -- just perhaps a tad rusty at it. Anyway, just figured I would let you know that I am incredibly interested in this plot idea, if you're still searching for a rp partner.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back