• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

**Partner Search!** The Shadows That Run Alongside Our Car

Technic

♥ ωαη∂єяєя σƒ тнє мιη∂ ♥
Hello everyone! The name's Technic, and I am searching for partners! Now, I already have a plot set up, so be prepared! The plot is based on the video game The Shadows That Run Alongside Our Car. If you don't know what that is, I'll explain the plot:

The Shadows That Run Alongside Our Car

A long road stretched out ahead of the car.

Two strangers sit side by side in a car, awaiting the unknown and dangerous journey that lies ahead of them. Without another soul left in the world, everything else slips away. They have nothing but two things: a slim portion of time, and each other. The road is long. Forever ongoing. The creatures that zoom past their windows look like shadows, locked in a never-ending dance of death.

Death is inevitable. There is no escape from the fate these two will meet. But when there's a runway that never stops right in front of them, there's no harm in having a bit a hope.

Basically, the concept of the game is that you play as one of two strangers, Shelby and Dustin (you have the option to change their names, but those are just the names that were pre-given to the characters by the creators.) Shelby is a normal adult, going through the same tedious routine every single day. Wake up, shower, work, get home, have dinner, fall asleep, and repeat. Her mother is never spoken of, but she expresses her dislike towards her alcoholic father, of whom is now dead. Dustin is a husky wanderer, going wherever his legs take him. He had no routine, and doesn't tell of any family or friends. He describes himself as a nomad.

These two character meet in Shelby's car, after she gets him to drive since she is unable to herself. It is a zombie apocalypse, and they are the only survivors they know of. The only people left. Two strangers, who by fate, must stick together as they speed down the mysterious road that lies ahead of them. It's the end of the world, but at least they have someone to share it with. 

My Plan/Expectations

Obviously, since this is a roleplay, we are not going to repeat the original story. This is an RP BASED off of this game. We will have the same concept (zombie apocalypse, two strangers, trapped in a car together, blah blah blah.) But, everything else I would like to be our own little creation.

Now, if you couldn't tell, this roleplay will mainly focus on the interaction between these two characters. It will be filled with dialogue, heart-felt moments, and character development/bonding. Your muse shall be your very own creation, and be very complex, as they are the most important thing in the RP. There will not be much action so-to-speak (this may be zombie apocalypse, but based on how the story unfolds, there will probably be little to no interaction with the creatures.) 

Now, this may be a bit difficult to RP, because as I pointed out earlier, this will be mainly all about the two characters interacting with one another. You may get stuck on what to do, or say, so if you're very new to roleplaying, this probably won't be the best choice for you. And as so, I do NOT expect a reply everyday. I can already tell that I, myself, will most likely get a bit of writer's block on what to say/do, so please be patient. Buuut, I do expect at least two replies a week, if that's the best you can do.

I would like this to be DETAILED. No one-liners. If the best you can do is a paragraph, then that's fine. But please do not make every single reply only one paragraph. Whatever length you do, I will match, and I expect vice versa. I am willing to do this with anyone, and I'm open to any other roleplays you may want to do.

Thank you!

Techy~

This sounds extremely interesting...I'm hooked on the idea. I am actually more comfortable roleplaying emotional plot lines than I am action-oriented ones! I will say that I haven't roleplayed in about 8 years (I was trying to be a "grown up"), so I may be pretty rusty -- but I would do my absolute best to fulfill your expectations. PM me if you'd be willing to take a chance on someone breaking back into the RP world. ^_^  

Interested, and if you don't mind doing so could you PM me as my messages are kind of clonky at the moment?

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back