• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern pachad (horror, slice of life)

Sunbather

Le photographe est mort

Don't worry about that which you cannot see.

giphy.gif

Fear it.

2016. August. State of Louisiana. USA. - Pentaportus: a pearl for those craving the rural environment. With its roughly 30.000 citizens and a prestigious campus, it is far from a forgetable hicksville, but offers the shadowy bliss of sun soaked oaks in open green and of familiar faces on every corner. A few particularly counter-culture hipsters have drizzled into the area, sure, but Pentaportus is far from falling victim to gentrification or becoming trendy. Instead, it's just about the concetrated 'American heartland'.
The Delouis Faculty for Progressive Fine Art stands out like a porcupine at a nudist's colony, with its upscale interior, the oddly cultural (and at the very least slightly pretentious) direction most of its staff tends to persue. And despite the circularly spread lack of interest from the general public in the city itself, applicants come flooding each and every year, hoping to attend in the coming year. And so a steady flucation of a small number of outsiders is common in Pentaportus.

Regardless of what Pentaportus is and isn't, of who comes and goes, the neighborhood is simply not what it used to be. People are sceptical and confrontational. Everbody's on eggshells, probably due to the plethora of rumors. Disappearances. Maybe even kidnappings. When children leave their homes in the middle of the night without so much as a small dispute the day before, with no teenage romance hinting at a brainless attempt to create their own little love adventure, or really, anything else; nerves are strained and emotions run high.

There are leads, of course. A cult is supposedely meeting up during nights, down at the beach, performing rituals. Some of its alleged members even prance through the streets, happily raving over their plans and that "it will soon come". And though all of these suspects -- curiously, all female -- have been questioned by the authorities, and the beach has been the target of a many irregularly schedueled raids, not a single physical trace of anything even vaguely occultish has been found.

Missing:

Name: Elizabeth Amber

Ethnicity: Caucasian

Hair: Brunette

Eyes: Green

Please contact the PPD if you have any informations about her whereabouts. It is advised not to approach any possible suspect if seen in her immediate proximity.
QlN69j6.jpg

There will be no paragraph minimum, just the expectation that you put effort into your character and posts.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd be interested! I have a character from New Orleans who runs a shop selling occult-y sorts of supplies and other odds and ends, and also works as a sort of consultant/supernatural mage-ish type fellow for hire whenever anyone is in need of protection spells and stuff like that. He's not particularly powerful (more knowledgeable than anything), but he's got a decent reputation with the local wiccan+hoodoo/voodoo-practicing population, so it's possible he could've been asked to come up and ask around after some of the disappearances and supernatural occurrences, or something. I dunno, exactly, it'd depend on the direction you'd be taking it and all that.

Regardless, it sounds like a very interesting + fun RP, I don't imagine you'll have any trouble finding participants, wish you the best of luck with it!

Do I sense survival horror?

Just kidding, I'm quite interested. And maybe, just maybe, my character will be a private detective. Cause who the hell doesn't like some neo-noir every now and then?

Last edited by a moderator:
Elephantom said:
Do I sense survival horror?
Just kidding, I'm quite interested. And maybe, just maybe, my character will be a private detective. Cause who the hell doesn't like some neo-noir every now and then?

The setting is very southern USA, with rural areas and little neighborhoods. I dunno if a detective would come around there, but I suppose that'd be okay.

ChefTony said:
Definitely interested, seems like a Twin Peaks meets Life is Strange setting
Well... *tweedles thumbs* Life is Strange draws from Twin Peaks and, uh... I MAY have kinda thought about LiS when I made this... Heh.

Sunbather said:
Well... *tweedles thumbs* Life is Strange draws from Twin Peaks and, uh... I MAY have kinda thought about LiS when I made this... Heh.
You say that like it's a bad thing! LiS had an engaging plot line and an amazing soundtrack that I still listen to.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back