Original Sin

"I have knowledge of healing spells, defense type of spells. Very powerful magic that sometimes I wish I didn't know. But.. the downside is, I have to sacrifice my own blood for it," Arwen shifted in her seat, crossing her thin legs "Indian-style" underneath her. "It happened too fast.. I suppose, if I hadn't used that spell, I would've been dead either way." she said plainly, a rather monotone response about something most what cringe upon. She shrugged her shoulders, twirling a lock of her hair between her fingers. "I was headed to Rabana, I heard there was someone there who can protect me; protect me as a Shard."

-

Qa'naro sheathed his sword, feeling no harm arise in the situation that was already taken care of. He crossed his arms, eyeing the Iali man closely when he fiddled with the Minotaur on the ground. He seemed to be a very powerful being, something that would go very well in the Guardians, who lacked many members at that very moment. Qa'naro's striped tail swayed slightly, stepping forward to the man who was finished, with long strides. He gawked at the rudeness that came from him, but a small string of rumbled laughs echoed from his built chest before speaking. "You handled the situation very well," he raised a furry eyebrow, glancing at the gash on his head. "I suppose you need that to be looked at, don't you?" the tiger smirked, "I have some things to talk to you about.. an
offer, I should say."

"Oh. Well I can't say I've met many Sirens in my travels." Bayonette cringed a little as the Siren touched her when she stumbled. She almost felt a small pang of hurt pride at being so lackadaisical around this stranger. "I'm perfectly alright." She adjourned the issue. As the sun sank down the horizon, the trees provided for an array of laced shading. The Rose Bloodied Blade glinted at the specs of light that trickled through the canopy.

Well enough about me. What about you? What was your life like? Resmion asked her with a tone of genuine curiosity.

"What
was it like?" She mused at the question, "Well I'm sorry to disappoint but I'm certainly still living my life rather than living in the past. I have to say that anywhere I've been is far more interesting and less conformative than the home that I've left. I am a human but as much as my people invent, they still are racist against the wonders of the world. You are expected to hold up tradition in my culture, whether it's your family's or the footsteps of great human inventors. It was dull; it was predictable, but it certainly wasn't tolerable, and that's what brings me here today. I'm not the best in the department of adventure, but I certainly hold my own." She uttered more about her opinions and home than she'd meant to and was a bit embarrassed to think that she'd been rambling.

Someone who would protect the shards? Xivran sincerely doubted that it was true. Still . . . if the shards could be kept away from society . . .

"Rabana, you said?"

He threw the bone that he had picked clean behind him

"Then I'll make sure you get there."

His voice didn't change at all, still the same deep observing tone he had kept before. As if this were perfectly normal.

"What was it like?""Well I'm sorry to disappoint but I'm certainly still living my life rather than living in the past. I have to say that anywhere I've been is far more interesting and less conformative than the home that I've left. I am a human but as much as my people invent, they still are racist against the wonders of the world. You are expected to hold up tradition in my culture, whether it's your family's or the footsteps of great human inventors. It was dull; it was predictable, but it certainly wasn't tolerable, and that's what brings me here today. I'm not the best in the department of adventure, but I certainly hold my own."

Resmion simply nodded in agreement with that kind of tradition being dull and intolerable. It was like doing the same thing all over again with no respite in between. "I think you should be free to choose your own path," Resmion finally said after being in deep thought for a few minutes. "Yes. Some thing we may love, but we cannot live our lives to please others." Resmion began to see the sun sink down to the horizon, like a meteor falling from space. "As the bright sun falls, the moon comes out to dance tonight, shining like a star."

Arwen lifted her eyebrows and gave a casual nod, flicking the lock of hair. "Mhm, The Guardians." she whispered, watching him toss the bone into the distance as if it were nothing. "You'll help me?" she sounded surprised, a Demark man, helping her? That was certainly a first, at least for her. They want to kill her in one moment and now she was going to be traveling with one. A smile crept onto her pale features, making her lower her head in a bow. "You don't have to do that.. you know." she replied. "I may not seem like it.. but I am very much a burden, especially being a Shard.. though, I appreciate it very much."

"I have my own reasons for doing so . . . very personal reasons."

He couldn't help but see the image of his desert home as he gazed into the fire. His fist clenched as all of that day revisited his senses. It would never leave him. The cries of his family, the overpowering scent of blood, the rhythmic sounds of steel clashing with steel . . . and the burning rage that refused to leave him to this day.

"Trust me. Whatever evil happens will cause little trouble to me."

Watching the elf with her eyes narrowed, Caiside swung to the left as he lunged forward, giving him a threatening glare. She heavily disliked being touched, no matter how light or careless it was. And this fool had come close quite a bit to pushing her over the edge. Scowling, she ducked as he flung his arms out wildly forward, kicking out her leg and tripping him, rolling her eyes as he clumsily hit the ground with a thud. Idiot, she thought to herself, dusting off her clothes before spinning on her heel and crashing smack dab into someone's chest.

For a moment, Caiside stumbled, yet she quickly caught herself, regaining her balance nearly as fast as she lost it. She looked up and scowled at the gentleman she bumped into, her frown deepening at his tall height. Why did she have to be so short? Like herself, he was an elf, and a freakishly tall one at that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back