• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Multiple Settings open 1x1 search -- fandom & genre/theme ideas

rorschach

super groovy, man
Hello and welcome to my rp search! The name's Rorschach, Ror, Rory... whatever you prefer. Though I'm an experienced roleplayer, I've been kind of out of it as late. I'd love to get back into the game and am therefore looking for a couple partners to write with.

To help you out, I might as well tell you a bit about myself as an rper.
(1) My interest is fleeting. Unless we've got a good plot going and I can really stick with it, I'm prone to dropping things. This, however, doesn't mean we can't pick up something new!
(2) My post length varies. I can write you a novel or a couple good paragraphs. It just depends on what's happening in the rp. It's quality over quantity, my friend.
(3) I'm a busy person and I get worn out really quickly. Therefore, I'm not going to be on all the time. Some days I just want to chat and really kind of prefer someone who is the same. I'm not just looking for someone to write with. I'd like a friend.
(4) Planning, plotting, developing character arcs is a must. I love this stuff and would really kind of appreciate someone who is willing to contribute as well. If you have an idea, don't like something, want to provide a little back story, etc. tell me!
(5) If I don't think it's going to work out between us, I'll probably tell you. It's nothing against you and more so just that our interests/styles don't match up. I apologize.
(6) I prefer realistic faceclaims, older characters, and I'm open to most every ship so long as it is developed and the characters have some sort of chemistry.
(7) Last but not least, I'm twenty two and would prefer someone around my age or older to rp with. Thanks.

Now, onto some rp preferences.
A lot of my rps tend to focus on darker, more serious themes. I like gritty plots with loads of angst and inner-conflict. It's not everyones cuppa and I'm open to varying this to include more humor or fluff, but I thought I'd tell you beforehand... I draw things out. I am dramatic. Last tidbit of info--I'd love to see a platonic pairing or sibling dynamic. Romance is cool and all but, I warn you, I'm a slow-burn kinda person.

Now that that's on the table, here we go...
*** denotes something I've a craving for.

Fandoms
Mad Max: Furry Road || Max x OC, OC x OC
The BatFam(DC Comics) || Mostly cannon
***Drive (2011 Movie) || Driver x OC, Driver x Irene
Buzzfeed Unsolved(-esque kind of plot)
Buffy the Vampire Slayer || Slayer x OC
***Peter Pan (2003) || --
This plot is a darker continuation of the 2003 movie Peter Pan. Most every character that was featured in the movie is now grown.

With Wendy and the Lost Boys gone, Peter is left alone in the Neverwood. He walks through the trees in silence and sits long on the rocks of Mermaid Lagoon, thinking hard about things no small boy should.

Years pass and no one comes. He spends less and less time with the natives of Never Land and his fairy friends. Captain Hook and his dastardly pirates try often to capture him but it is to no avail. Peter has given up his roots in the Home Tree and spends his time in hiding. Years pass and the magic of Never Land leaves Peter. Its residents see something they never thought possible. They see Peter grow up.

Years are gone, decades pass and Peter is now a young man. Defeated, Captain Hook’s claim on the Jolly Roger is no more. Peter now sails the ship with his own crew of fearsome pirates. Any semblance of the stubborn, young boy which flew high overhead is no more. Peter has become cruel, harden by time and more dangerous than anything Never Land has faced before.

Tinker Bell and a small band of fairies leaves Never Land in search of help, of someone who might be able to reach through or defeat this new threat. She calls on the help of people most revered in Neverland, those people only now heard in legends. Of Wendy, The Lost Boys, John and Michael Darling…

Only time will tell if they succeed.

Genres/Themes
Supernatural (gritty vampires, classic werewolves, creepy wendigos)
Western splash (meaning 1800s America with a twist)
Mutants (think a X-Men or Misfits type deal)
Apocalypse (will work with most anything)
***Wolves (the animal & norse-mythos)
Men In Black (aliens & the likes)

If I can think of anything else, I'll add it. Otherwise, I think that's a good start. If you've any ideas or want further explanation on something, don't hesitate to post or PM me. I'm only looking for one or two partners but, if you're especially interested, PM me for sure. I'll open this back up when the time is right.

Last edited:
Peter Pan and Drive, my dudes. My cravings are out of whack, I know, but I'm dying to write for them.

Your Peter Pan plot seems fantastic! But also, so do most of your ideas to be completely honest. I'd love to talk more about the possibility of roleplaying with you?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back