OOC

I think it'd be cool if we made decks based around what is fun, for example, no floodgates or decks that are solely based around locking down your opponent, so they can't even play, cause that isn't really fun. (for me at least)

maybe a rule where people can't use the same cards as another person ? 

or ban cards that are pretty much staple in every deck like raigeki dark hole, the solemn trap cards, ect. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I think people should just start with decks they like or would suit their character. XYZ, Synchro, and Pendulums be damned.

As the rp progresses they could opt to go for more competitive and meta decks until we're about EVO level or something.

I think people should just start with decks they like or would suit their character. XYZ, Synchro, and Pendulums be damned.

As the rp progresses they could opt to go for more competitive and meta decks until we're about EVO level or something.

I'd prefer the second more than anything. I mean, there usually is some sort of 'bond' with a character's personality and the deck they use.

Although. I'd prefer if our characters AREN'T a damn OTK master...

Last edited by a moderator:
....so um....what's a meta deck? I want to use a dark magician deck since it's always been my favorite card since I first started playing. I know it's unoriginal but I use that kind of deck irl. 

....so um....what's a meta deck? I want to use a dark magician deck since it's always been my favorite card since I first started playing. I know it's unoriginal but I use that kind of deck irl. 

A meta deck is a deck in competitive use that has a greater success rate than regular decks. An example of today's current format is the usage of Metalfoes.

So just the most recent meta stuff wouldn't be allowed? I'd really like to use Sylvans, but I can just build a weaker version of them depending on how competitive the RP is

So just the most recent meta stuff wouldn't be allowed? I'd really like to use Sylvans, but I can just build a weaker version of them depending on how competitive the RP is

Currently the meta seems to revolve around Metalfoes, ABCs, Paleozoic Frogs (Due to Toadally Awesome), and a few other decks. It's been awhile since I've been involved with competitive Yu-Gi-Oh! so forgive me if there was more I didn't mention.

Whats a stun deck?

Is it like a stall deck?

Because my intended character, a smug asshole type, was going to have a deck all about locking down opponents and making them lose through drawing all their cards.

;-;

Users who are viewing this thread

Back