Old World of Darkness

I would also prefer a pure Demon game, but I'm willing to play a mixed game with Mummy, though I have NO IDEA of the rules of Mummy.

mummy_imhotep.jpg

Hey Chaka, good to see you getting back into the ST thing. It's been a few years since I've worked with you.

I'll throw my vote in for Mummy, if that's alright. I'd vote for Dark Ages second, but it's a distant second.

Welcome back, man. Hopefully this time the game'll last.

At the moment there seems to be a pretty even tie with a slight leaning toward Mummy. I'll give people a few more days to get their two cents in and then I'll finalise and get to work on a plot.

Hello all and sorry to add my interest late. I've wanted to play Demon for a long time now but have never had the chance. That being said, I've never read or played Mummy but I'd also be up for that as a 2nd choice if that's the way things swing (just need to get ahold of a copy of it). Let me know if you'll have me and what the verdict is!

"Awake and arise!..May you be alert as the living, refreshed every new dawn, rejuvenated as if by a million divine slumbers, while the god watches over you, his protection being around you every day."

...the adorable fuzzies did not sway my decision. Much.

Sorry to see you go Mr. Serious.

Who's still in? Roll call.

I'm still in, though i'll have to review the corebook again.

would the player's guide be included as well?

I have to read over the Player's Guide but assume yes for now. The book'll be running off the Vampire revised ruleset, if that makes any meaningful difference. (Mummy was like a proto-nWoD book in that the core rules were based off one of the 'core' games).

I highly recommend the Players Guide to anyone who hasn't read it; it has juicy stuff about the organizations, goals, customs and general mindset of the different mummy types; an IC narrative describing someone's death, resurrection and first weeks of Second Life in detail; detailed writeups for the Chinese and South American mummies; and a chapter on the other supernatural groups in the oWoD and how they interact with mummies, whether as antagonists or allies; tips on how to flesh out mummy-specific Backgrounds (like Tomb) and make them more interesting; and high-level spells and rituals that only the most noble and heroic (or corrupt and wicked) mummies can learn.

Plus, it's an incredibly well-written book.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back