Old World of Darkness

Chaka

Cuddle-fiend
So I finished college yesterday.

Having now got nothing to do, I've got a hankering to finally, finally run something after a lengthy absence from GMing. I've been kicking ideas around for games, but they've either fallen though or I've lost interest (to my shame if stuff doesn't get going quickly it tends to lose my focus.) However, I now have the undivided time and energy to run a game here.

And I want to run some Old World of Darkness. Silly dice, occasionally dodgy rules, baroque setting, the works. And if I'm going to run some oWoD, I want to go a bit the-road-less-travelled on it.

I have three games. I will run one of them, based on demand, should there be any.

The options are: Dark Ages Vampire, Demon: the Fallen, or Mummy: the Resurrection.

MUMMY!

Mummymummymummymummymummy!

Oh please, please, please...

puppy_eyes-2.jpg

I'd like to post a vote for "Nay" on Dark Ages.

Mummy would be my best choice, since while i haven't heard much about that system (same as Demon) i've recently found both the Corebook and the Player's Guide, which if i'm not mistaken, are most of the books of that series, so there's little to read about, in general.

I've ST'd a short-ish series of Demon: The Fallen and what I love about it is that its' relatively open ended and can be a game of salvation or desecration or anything in between. The game world (at least with just the main) has plenty of scope to play your own campaign or even make your own rules as some sections were loosely defined (I've only had my hands on just the main).

Never got to play it, so I'm keen for it.

Okay, found the Demon Corebook. I still prefer Mummy.

Any ideas for a plot or premise on either of those games?

I'm sort of more interested in Mummy myself, but I have a few different ideas kicking around. I've been waiting to narrow down what I'm running before coalescing the plots more.

Don't mean to derail this, but got a question. When i read most of the WoD books, new or old, it's generally easy for me to get a mental idea on the supernatural type, and what they're about, in broad terms. But I'm having trouble doing so for Mummy. Can someone care to elaborate on what's the story behind them? Note: i've read the book, but it's still hard for me to understand.

Don't mean to derail this' date=' but got a question. When i read most of the WoD books, new or old, it's generally easy for me to get a mental idea on the supernatural type, and what they're about, in broad terms. But I'm having trouble doing so for Mummy. Can someone care to elaborate on what's the story behind them? Note: i've read the book, but it's still hard for me to understand.[/quote']
They're ordinary people wrapped in TP who fight a Stargate villain in their free time.

*cough*

As I understand it, they're a big departure from most of the World of Darkness. They aren't a case of grey versus gray morality; they are demigods who defend the human world from a metaphysical manifestation of chaos and destruction. They're supernatural superheroes, in short.

As I understand it' date=' they're a big departure from most of the World of Darkness. They aren't a case of grey versus gray morality; they are demigods who defend the human world from a metaphysical manifestation of chaos and destruction. They're supernatural superheroes, in short.[/quote']
Thanks for this clarification. I'd skimmed the book not long after reading this thread and found myself utterly confused.

I guess I'll hop on the Mummy ship as well. Though, I've never played OWoD and NWoD only a couple times, so I might need some help with the rules.

No. For the love of God, no. You don't mix oWoD settings and PC-types. It just goes poorly. So, so, so damn poorly.

No. For the love of God' date=' no. You don't mix oWoD settings and PC-types. It just goes poorly. So, so, so damn poorly.[/quote']
The oWoD game lines were all separate, conceits of later metaplot developments aside.

Glitches happen when you try to combine them.

Terrible, terrible rules glitches.

Amusingly enough, Mummy is one of the few game lines where you could try to do it because it's not a complete standalone game - it requires the core rules from another book to act as a baseline. Demon, on the other hand, has those rules. So theoretically that could word.

In practical terms however, the odds of the Risen and the Fallen hanging out together are... unlikely... Although...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back