Music Official Music Thread (What Do You Listen To?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I listen to more than Metal and DDR. I'm actually a hopeless romantic. Know how I prove it? This is one of my all time favorite songs...

[video=youtube;vFp10zmArgg]

Slipknot was the first band I heard that pulled me into metal, and remains as one of my favorite bands. Gorillaz, because of course. And dubstep, lot's of dubstep.

Metallica, Guns 'N Roses, Slayer, Korn, and a bunch of other bands for my metal side.

Flux Pavillion remixes, Nightcore, Wax Tailor, Basshunter, Filth, etc. for my dubstep-ish side.

And things like Mad World (song title), Vocaloid, White Town, Flobots, and floppy disks for my Idon'tknowwhat side.

I basically listen to everything.

I personally was country raised. I listen to Country, rock, alt., Hard-rock, Metal, hip-hop, almost everything. I usually dont listen to rap. But I do like Hollywood undead, Nelly, and Eminem. I cant stand most rap. I am hooked on Fall Out Boy at the moment and my all time fave band is My Chemical Romance. I have listen to them for 12 years.

Oh my God, M.C.R. riffs are the funnest things to play on guitar.

MGMT, Radiohead, Stone Sour, Daft Punk, and Greenday are also bands I enjoy.

I like a lot of different music. I was going to say everything, but a lot (but not all) of screamo/metal/hardcore bands kind of... scare me? xD So yeah I listen to stuff from Owl City to Breaking Benjamin to Taylor Swift. And older music, like Boston, Pink Floyd and Queen. I don't know, basically I listen to anything I think sounds good. xD

Billy Idol White wedding. Really good song..the video is pretty cool too.

If I was rich enough I would really consider asking Billy singing this a my wedding. xD

[media]

[/media]

I listen to Vocaloid. What Vocaloid songs? Any I can. I also listen to Gackt he is my fave JPop singer so of course I'm a massive Gakupo/Gakapoid fan.

I listen to mostly rock and metalcore (I don't want to get into sub-genres right now). Some of the bands I listen to are: Black Veil Brides, Asking Alexandria, Motionless in White, Suicide Silence, Outline in Color, Falling in Reverse (not their newer rap stuff), Evanescence, Paramore, AnnIsOkay, Vampires Everywhere, and stuff like that.

If there's any good bands that you want to recommend, then I'm up for it! :)

Linkin Park, Owl City, Fall Out Boy, Daft Punk, Twenty One Pilots, Panic! At the Disco, Three Days Grace, Paramore, Imagine Dragons, Green Day, Breaking Benjamin, Simple Plan, Daughtry. Pretty much a mixed bag.

Kpop/Jpop/Jrock/Krock:

Shinhwa, B.A.P, (old) DBSK, ss501, TRAX, Xiah Junsu, JYJ, Teen Top, MBLAQ, Boyfriend, 9 muses, Screw, Alice Nine, Yamapi (Tomohisa Yamashita), Leessang, Se7en, Park Jung Min, Heo Young Saeng, Kim Hyun Jung, Kim Hyung Jun, Kim Kyu Jong, Infinite, Roh Ji Hun, Vixx, Speed, Ailee, FTIsland, CNBlue, SuJu, SNSD, Kim Jong Kuk, 100%, Park Hyo Shin, Shinee, Big Bang, Pure,

Metal (Mostly symphonic but there's a few other genres) and Rock

Nightwish, Delain, Within Temptation, Amaranthe, Sirenia, Black Skyline, Kamelot, The Dirty Youth, Ready Set Fall, UNSIN, Kennigar, Epica, Katra, Dragon Force, Benighted Soul, Korpiklaani, Lacuna Coil, Krypteria, Todesbonden,

And Second Avenue (but they don't fit into either of those genres really, they are australian though ^^)

(Lots more, that's just off the top of my head..)

I listen to anything really. Got any songs? I'll lend an ear!

But to be honest rock is my favorite genre of all time.

Breaking Benjamin is my favorite band.

Imagine Dragons /Foster the People is my favorite pop band.

Savant / Daft Punk is my favorite artist around techno.

Hollywood Undead / Eminem / Jay Rock (?) are my favorite rap-related rappers.

Mumford and Sons are my favorite folk artists,

Rascal Flatts is a nice country singer.

So as you can see, I always have something to listen. :D

I sort of listen to alternative rock, indie rock, pop, and a lot of other genres. I'm not exactly sure what to call my mixed up jumble of favorites.

My all time favorite band would have to be Imagine Dragons or Coldplay. Although, I've started taking a huge liking to Panic! At The Disco recently. Another new band would be The Neighbourhood. I love Sweater Weather and Afraid the most, though.

I have taken a small liking to Foster the People and Florence + The Machine. I love Regina Spektor or Marina and the Diamonds. I just find Marina's songs to be relatable at times. My all time favorite would have to be I Am Not A Robot. I also have just taken a liking to Sam Smith. Oh, Daft Punk as well. Technologic really caught my eye after Pentatonix performed it in a Daft Punk Medly.

I adore classic rock bands like AC/DC as well as some Blues artists like Rory Gallagher. [Grew up listening to him. Influenced by my Dad.] Metallica is also another one of the older bands that I really like. Nirvana! I love Nirvana. c:

Genre-wise, I mostly listen to anything that's Rock or Metal. There's got to be catchy or good guitar rifs and solos in there. I only really listen to the guitar at times and ignore the lyrics.

I really don't like the kind of commercial 'rock/metal' bands like Pierce The Veil, Bring Me The Horizon, etc. They're just grouped together in my mind. xD I think the PTV singer is the dude with the really girly voice that I don't like. But yeah, that's just my opinion.

Avenged Sevenfold would have to be one of my favourite bands. Lately I've been listening to Dope, Five Finger Death Punch . Urrhh, who else .. Airbourne are pretty good. xD I like their sound. I haven't really been listening to anyone much else the passed couple of days.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm extremely picky with my music, so I normally listen to the same few bands, and the same few albums of said bands.

Mostly I listen to Queen, Pink Floyd, Eric Clapton, some Genesis and a couple albums from AC/DC and Metallica. I also have one or two albums from Jeff Beck and Gary Moore.

augmentedspartan said:
I'm extremely picky with my music, so I normally listen to the same few bands, and the same few albums of said bands.
Mostly I listen to Queen, Pink Floyd, Eric Clapton, some Genesis and a couple albums from AC/DC and Metallica. I also have one or two albums from Jeff Beck and Gary Moore.
Same, but with Disturbed, Papa Roach, Rise Against and Breaking Benjamin mostly.

I also do that a lot, since sometimes it's difficult to find new music I like and haven't heard before. I suppose I'm kind of fussy with my music choices too since the artist nearly always needs to have songs that all sound different in some way or another, which I always thought wouldn't be too much to ask but you'd be surprised these days.

(Lots more, that's just off the top of my head..)

wow i love your list. I really like vixx, teentop ,1oopercent ,their my favorite.

But i listen to others as will and keep up to day with their news( i love kpop in general) i listen to b.a.p ,btob , mblaq ,my name , excite ,history ,big bang ,super junior ,exo ( not much though) ,beast , b1a4, led apple ,FT island ,boyfriend , u-kiss. AND it gos on and on xD

Music... wonderful stuff, right?

I always prefer Post-Hardcore. Escape the fate is usually my top choice among so many others.

But when it comes to writing and being artsy, it's Yiruma, Norah Jones, some sax and violin.

I looove classic rock but I'm picky about the artists. Usually the music listened to in the shower, on the go, pump you up in the morning.

Kpop, mostly Korean RnB like Urban Zakapa. I love Noel, 2Bic, Nuest, Beast, and so on.

PTV, linkin park, Blessthefall, SWS, the haim, spill canvas, 30 seconds to mars, Bring me the horizon, FIR <3

And then those Disney theme songs. Hakuna matata never gets old!

I love to listen to some of the early punk bands like The Ramones and The Clash.

I get into alternative and underground artists that are only listened by a few groups of people

I've been into stuff like Cat Empire and Diablo Swing Orchestra lately, but it's hardly my everyday listening stuff. I was, a few years ago, really heavily into industrial and post-industrial stuff (Ghosts I-IV is probably still in my top-ten album list just for how experimental it was). As far as everyday listening goes, though, I'm big into the electronic stuff. Not so much a lot of the overproduced stuff like Skrillex, but a lot of the rougher stuff like Glitch Mob or Knife Party is more my speed. My ladyfriend's eyes tend to glaze over when I get into really obscure discussions about music she describes as "beeps and boops and occasionally someone swears".

Mostly rock and pretty much all kinds of metal.

On my pm3 I currently got: Within Temptation,

Five Finger Death Punch, Korn, Muse, Chimaira,

In This Moment, 30 Seconds to Mars and Gackt.

Lately I've been interested in industrial as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back