[Occam's Razor] [Occam's Razor] Occam's Razor: The Colorado Incident

"Hah, just sorry I couldn't have been hear sooner, sir." He grinned widely, continuing to fire at those who tried entering, meleeing those who got too close for comfort. He was sad he hadn't had much for the scope, but the laser sight was still fun to play with, occasionally finding time to flash it in the Contiminated's eyes before executing them. Made him feel like a kid again, a small comfort amidst the carnage. He was surprised the batteries still had life in them after almost two hundred years... The marvels of human engineering...

"Never thought shock and awe could be so... explosive." He grinned, meleeing a ghoul in the face, and rammed his knee into it's gut before stomping on its face. "What? Nobody?" He shot another. "C'mon, sure it was corny, but it..." he ditched his rifle unclipping it and drawing his machete before stabbing one in the throat. "got the point across."

'ENOUGH!'

He looked shocked as all, literally all of the infected froze and backed off. They fucking backed off! What the hell?

He decided to try and eleviate some of the tension, "Sure my jokes were a little on bad side, but ya didn't have to yell." He chuckled nervously as the lift began it's ascent.

Malcom's attention fixed to woods for a moment, and he smiled, shaking his head, "Ah... God... Thank you Woods..." He let his head fall back against the wall, before he said, "Really, Thank you both... Really wasn't ready to die there..." He felt the lift come to a slow stop as it reached the top floor, he pushed himself to his feet and moved to Jace's side before nearly effortlessly lifting the larger man up over his shoulder and carrying him towards the medical bay, "Woods, bring our new guest with, Nadia, you too, we need to check to see how badly contaminated we are. I know by this point..." He shifted Jace's weight around on his shoulder, grunting slightly, "Jace and I are both lost cases, but there was a sort of cure, that we might be able to hit you with still Alexander. By ranking, Your my alternate at this point."(1) He stepped down the hallway, and rounded the corner to medical, it wasn't far from the lift. If Nidelia was still in there, she'd have her work cut out for her, if not, it was field Triage time and basic bone setting from a couple of military grunts. Malcom set Jace down as gently as he could on one of the tables, there was a row of them, and moved to the automated scanners, tapping them.

The system was pretty self explanatory, to the point a doctor was barely needed. Malcom muttered, "Modern day technology, outsourcing everyone's job but mine with robots..." He snorted and sighed as the scanner came up and started to move back and forth across Jace's broken form, diagnosing each issue he had, displaying possibly methods of repair for each, some of them being deemed Inoperable, or not needing direct treatment other then amino boosters and rest. He watched the scanner do it's work with a sigh, muttering, "Come on you big ugly bastard, I still need your help..." The truth was, he had grown to see Jace as a friend, and valued the mans life despite his past. Malcom hadn't known him before, and didn't really care either way what he had done to survive, he'd seen people that had done worse called much better and get away with it. Jace had payed for his crimes, and even been a test subject to preserve humanity. The man could have ended up dead for all he knew, and had instead saved humanity itself through his efforts, and preserved every person out of cryo-stasis in the base so far.

((OOC: (1) Technically It's actually Sid's character, but we all saw where that went. Sooo It defaults to Alexander at this point.))

Kazanna updated Occams Razor with a new update entry:

Future Scope of Plans

Alrighty ladies and gentlemen, we have a decent crew now so I'm going to discuss the future plans I have for the play.
We will be tackling each obstacle we can after Malcom and Jace get some rest.

Firstly there is the issue with the doors, This will be handled next as it is the most pressing.

Second, Not a single one of us have eaten a single bite of food since waking, and we can only last so long on the Amino-Nutrients in our systems. We'll need to figure out something soon and discuss the...
Read the rest of this update entry...

The readings of the scan that took place on Jace's body would display a staggering percentage. Eighty percent of his muscle mass had either been ripped horribly from over-exertion or from having been slashed via the many cuts and gashes that were within his bulky form. The deepest wounds being caught from the vicious bite-wounds that would allow anyone to peer in and see the spider-web like cracked bones that barely counter acted the pressure of said bites. As a result, the "diagnosis" would read "Complete loss of mobility. Critical condition. Recovery chance: 3% chance. Result: Cripple."

The next readings that would display over Jace's condition would be on his bone structure and its strength. The readings indicated that for the normal male, Jace's bones were almost fifty percent stronger. Despite this relatively 'good' reading, the following text that would catch the eye displayed just how much damage his bones had sustained. Ninety Percent of all four limbs were fractured in thousands of locations. Of course many of these hair-line cracks were interwoven together, spiraling and zigzagging up each bone as if it were a less broken and more-so like they were shattered and put back together. Again, the same reading as before kept flashing on the screen. "Recuperation time required: 30 days minimum with constant oversight. Result: Bed-Ridden with low red blood cell count until patient has recovered. Restructuring of the nasal cavity necessary. Immediate removal of sharp splinters in chest cavity for fear of lung punctures. Immediate Result: Crippled until recovery."

However the most grave readings would be those displaying Jace's blood. The text reading "Patient has 0.8/5.5 liters of blood. Chance of survival: 0.25% chance of recovery. Result: Death. Patient will not survive the immediate preparations for the blood transfer process. Secondary Result: Patient will suffer brain damage. Patient will also be susceptible to all bacterium. Which may also cause Death." The next readings concerned his heart-rate and was an almost relieving result of "Stable heart rate".

The machines of course being programed to display the better outcomes, and at the same time portray the best options available to make the targeted outcome more likely to occur. However with Jace's lack of blood, neither of the two outcomes were favorable. And the computer was actually having a hard time calculating further information due to the increasing viscosity of the remaining blood in his system.

Jace merely layed there, occasionally twitching his fingers. His muscles spasmed once or twice but other than the body's own natural, weak, 'death throws' he was silent. But his breathing was steady. That being the only good reading out of it all, save for the steady heart rate.

Watching the reading's with a sigh and a grimace, Malcom pulled up the more advanced diagnostic suites, he'd been walked through a bone resetting procedure during his time in Los Angeles, and now that experience was paying off. He took a moment to pull up each point that needed to be reset. Most of the damage was the hands, but here and there he had a broken rib, there were fractures in his face as well. The system had a series of powerful precision micro drills that would act as anchors into broken bone particles. Malcom pulled the systems controls up and moved to the mans hands, deciding to focus on that first. He muttered, "Sure would be great if one of the three doctors that woke up was here to do their job... have to do every..." He manipulated the controls, lining up the drills, "Stupid thing..." he plunged the first set in, each tip was coated with antiseptic and anesthetic solutions that would feed into his nerve endings directly. The drills were quick, quiet, and ended up leaving micro fine holes in the paitents bones and flesh that would recover within days, and the machine could reset a bone with pinpoint accuracy. A small pair of tubes with cameras attached slid down and cleansed the wound site on Jace's broken fingers as Malcom realigned the bone. It would have been fully automated if the system had been at full power, but for some reason they were running on a backup generator.

With a sigh, Malcom finished the first section, and the drill's driver pulled away as the pins stayed in place, becoming part of the cast that was being wound around Jace's entire hand, starting at his wrist. He moved to the mans thumb and realigned the joint as well. He moved to the wrist, and continued his work, checking each bone, realigning them and fixing them into the cast that was forming. He muttered to the system, "Start cleaning the rest of his body, get these rags off of him, and wash him down with antiseptic, coat with Anesthetic first and then apply another layer after the antiseptic has been applied, keep cleansing him until he's free of external sources of blood." The automated system didn't have a reply to utter, so it simply went to work, several mechanical arms spun and rotated, a pair of servo claws removing his clothing carefully, a series of other arms with sprayers moved back and forth along his body, spraying on an anesthetic, followed by a cleansing agent, followed by antiseptic, followed by another layer of anesthetic. Malcom continued to rebuild the man, muttering, "We can rebuild him... We have the..." there was a slight pop as he realigned the man's shoulder, it had been dislocated and broken in several places, "Technology..." He flipped another switch and the table began to raise him up on tiny supporting cushions that it was made of. Malcom snorted, "Space age voodoo... God damn..." He sighed and went about the work, saying, "Start an IV of amino fluids and synthetic blood, transfuse the blood at..." He checked the levels the man was at and rubbed his head, "Say... Five... Percent..?" He shrugged and kept manipulating the controls for the bone-setting system.

In all honesty, Malcom only knew what he did from his training, he'd been trained on the machine because in LA, there had been too many injuries and too few doctors to run equipment. He'd gotten lucky, so far, and was just following the steps the doctors had told him, "Start Small, Work to the bigger stuff, Use larger drill bits for bigger bones and whatever you do, Don't press the yellow button!" He never had, but he'd seen an understudy do so, which sent the machine into an automated function that didn't use the right size drills. It resulted in a man gaining a very large hole in his left leg and the understudy being demoted several ranks. Malcom thought back to the event, and realized how little that had mattered, the man kept doing the same job, for no pay, and still died right next to his commanding officer when the lines were broken and the medical tents were destroyed. He shook off the memory and went back to work, switching to Jace's legs, starting on the right, he didn't need to move, the system did all that for him, all he had to do was manipulate controls. So while he played virtual doctor, the system did the real work, Easy.

As he worked, he felt that nagging whisper in the back of his mind again, more incessant, but lower volume, and now it was different, like it was begging, pleading with him. He shrugged it off and kept focused, saying, "Locate any points where there are lacerations that do not involve bone fractures, or locations I have already reset and begin applying sutures, Apply heavy doses of Anesthetic and see if you can build me a... uh... function map of his face... I think it's called... Pull up records for Jace Bradley Check under criminal records and get every picture we have of him from every record there is of him, get video footage from the past six hours of him as well and use it to get me a design..." Malcom was pulling most of his commands and orders out of thin air, but he hoped the computer system would be able to do everything he was telling it to.

Malcom paused in his work, and said, "And while you do that... Do a full biological reading of him, and then do another of me, display side by side from how we were when we went into cryo-stasis, keep all files confidential and lock out administrative security protocols..." He knew that if the system scanned him, and found him infected, it would lock down the medical bay, and then purge the room by fire to prevent further spread. The system went to work, a status bar read, "Working" So Malcom continued his own work, muttering, "In goes the pin... and were one step closer to a full recovery.." He would continue working, even if disturbed, wanting little other then to save the life of the man who had put his own life on the line on Malcom's own directives.

(OOC: I was not getting my updates =/ )

As the lift opened and Malcom made his way out with Jace, and the other two did their own thing, Revelia realised that they seemed to have forgotten about her. She wasn't too upset by that, mind you, having fallen back to the corner of the lift when Malcom had finally gotten on.

Idling for a tad longer, enjoying the rest the corner allowed her, Revelia finally took a look at her Bang-stick. The T-joint at the top had been ruined by the faulty shell, and she's have to get a new one, as well as some more copper wire, to fix the weapon. Or think up a way to make it more effective. Sliding the disabled weapon into her belt loops, she forced herself to stand, letting her feet settle, before making her way off the lift. If she wanted to fix the bang-stick, it meant finding a new maintenance closet.

Randomly picking a direction, Revelia meandered her way down the hall until she came upon a familiar looking notch in the 'wall'. She'd been lucky that first closet had been partially opened, because they seemed to be camouflaged so that only the maintenance workers would recognise them. And now her too, of course.

Reaching into the slot, Revy pulled as hard as she could, but accomplished nothing. Adjusting her grasp, she found there seemed to be a switch on the inside of the notch Flipping the switch, the sides of the door hissed violently as the air pressure shifted enough to pop Revy's ears. Still, it seemed the door had opened somewhat. With a decent crack now visible, Revy latched both hand onto the stubborn door and heaved until she had it open enough to slip through.

This closet, having not been used since the outbreak, was much neater, to her joy, and finding the replacement parts took less than a minute. It also smelled ten times better than the rest of the compound she'd been to, and had her realise she needed a shower herself. Both more properly stocked, and not raided, Revelia understood that she'd happened across a goldmine of survival based item. Digging through a few more boxes, Revelia found something else that would no doubt prove useful. It was a single box of M.R.E's with a faded and frail note on top.

"I swear to fuck and back guys, if you touch my stash of goodies, I will personally see you frogmarched out that front door. Enjoy the freaks outside and what not. Bad enough you already jacked my box of Playboys. Asshats."~Sincerely, Gomez

Chuckling slightly, Revy dug through the box to check her options, reaching deeper and deeper until her hands hit a couple objects decidedly not M.R.E's. Digging the pre-packaged food out, Revelia was even more delighted to find a single .45 calibre pistol, appearing to be a re-chambered Desert Eagle, and four magazines of ten round each, and even better than that, a couple bottles of rum wrapped in bubble wrap.

Looking about, Revy slid the two bottles of rum behind a couple boxes of junk and pockets the magazines for the Eagle before sliding the large handgun into the back of her pants. Then, making her way back to the door, Revy shoved on it until she could get the box of M.R.E's out, making sure to leave the three with poundcake behind with the rum, before forcing the obnoxiously stuck door closed again.

Then she realised one important thing she hadn't done.

"Where the hell is everyone?"

Last edited by a moderator:
As Malcom continued to work, the display rattled around, pausing momentarily. The Lights flickered once as the female voice echoed through the loud-speakers of the room Malcom was in. "Minor system error. Energy strain. Error has been repaired." The machine's flickering however continued for a few more seconds before clearing back up. However with the newly restored controls, the loud-speakers started playing a song in a un-known language that sounded similar to both german and Italian at times, and in specific parts even a hint at spanish. The singer of which sounded pure and yet troubled as if they had underwent some great trauma. The kind of which that's pain could only be alleviated through song.

"Meria Mortre, Intu da Griett Sh'vel, Gra-ing gra-ing graaah~" The echoe of the last part playing in what seemed to be a delayed round.

"Mertis a moti, Eh'chest a gron'tu, Sah-ing sah-ing saaaah~" The same echoed 'round' playing again as the woman's voice seemed to hint at a growing sadness, yet pressed on with more lyrics.

"Mi'af Marka deee-aah~... On the ever-greeeeen~" It would be here that some force of emotion was poured fourth from this sad song, throwing a wave of sadness out over the air-way. The intercoms all over the base started playing as a 'piano solo' started to chime angelically through all of the hallways, letting the second verse reach everyone's ears.

However the illuminated panel that Malcom was in control over was now scrolling text across it. In what seemed to be the English translation to the lyrics.

"I've stopped remembering, the Days are just moments,I don't feel a thiiiing~"

"If you want you'll find a way, but she (mother) never danced under fire, Mother used to saaaay~"

"(Am I) Right or wrong? god is this where I belong? On the (red) evergreeeeen~"

The shifting text continued to scroll down Malcom's screen in typical creepy-computer fashion, glitching some of the letters as the second verse continued to play for everyone, leaving them ultimately without translation. Only the depression-stricken voice the singer' impact made upon the thoughts of those who cared to listen to her glass like, fragile, voice.

((OOC : Song

))

Woods nodded, grinning, sheathing his machete after wiping it clean on his pantleg. "Like I said, just wish I could've been here sooner." He bent down to recover his SCAR, reclipping it to the strap, and left it dangling.

"Right, c'mon new girl." He grunted, leaving without looking back, unaware he'd been ignored as he followed the man carrying more than any human than human should've been able to that easily.

"Looks like I'm the Vice President, rather than the Secretary of State..." He muttered to himself, unsure of how he felt about that. He wasn't exactly the most qualified. The only thing he ever led was a tight-knit squad of Ranger's, and that was because he'd been dumb enough to pull some stupid stunt against the Contaminated and managed to survive. He'd been given the Medal of Honor for that bit of "heroism."

He sat back in the Med Bay, watching Malcom do his work, trusting the man knew what he was doing. He kept silent during Malcom's muttering, certain his input wouldn't be valuable or appreciated... Though he had to wonder where they all were...

And then the music started, flowing through the room with a haunting melody. He knew both Italian and German, but still couldn't make out the words... There were no words to describe it. It floated through him, softly caressing his cheeks as with a lovers touch... It was... beautiful... Where was it coming from, why was it playing? He didn't know, he didn't care. All he knew, all he felt, was the music...

Nadia holstered her weapon, glad that the horror show was over for the time being, and looked at her battle-worn comrades worriedly. Jace looked ever so close to on his death bed, and Malcom, although still able to move, didn't look all that great himself, but nowhere near as torn up as Jace.

Nadia had all but forgotten about the girl that they had saved as she stared at her bloodied comrades and tried to make sense of some of the things that she had witnessed, it all just seemed too wierd...like straight out of some sci-fi movie, but a lot creepier since this was the reality in which they now lived. She wasn't at all confused that those monsters had a voracious appetite and would stop for nothing to tear them into strips of delicious, yet messy, tenderloins, but with that said they were not only stopped but repelled, turned away, defeated by the commanding tone by which Malcom had yelled "Enough".

She followed behind Woods as Malcom easily lifted Jace's body and carried him to the Med-bay, only momentarily remembering about the girl, and looking over her shoulder for a second before following after the others. She posted herself next to Woods, watching meticulously as Malcom went to work, being sure not to say anything to disturb him and simply observed.

When the music started playing she felt a little weird by it, because she wasn't sure who would've played it. They did leave Ethan and the doc in the CC, but she didn't believe any of them would've tinkered with the computer. She ignored the thoughts of the possible reason for the music playing and tried to simply concentrate on the music itself, which seemed to bring about a bit of a calming to the crashing and turbulent waves for which they had been venturing into as of late.

Revelia had been stumbling along the halls under the weight of the box of M.R.E's for about ten minutes when she saw him.

A shock of platinum blonde hair, hazel eyes, that scar from the war that ran under his right eye. Her father.

It was just for a moment before he rounded a corner.

Blinking her eyes in shock, Revelia shook her head, sure it had to be a mirage or something. Two more steps and the man leaned around the corner with a fatherly smile.

"Well, are you coming little Revy?"

M.R.E's spilling everywhere as the box tumbled from Revelia's grasp, the girl's feet moved autonomously as she jogged to the corner and rounded it. Eyes darting about wildly, Revy found that she was staring down an empty corridor. About to turn around, there was a tinkling laugh, one that she knew belonged to her mother.

At the end of the hall stood said mother, arms wide as she awaited an embrace, her soft face framed by midnight black hair.

"Come on my little Revelia, we have missed you so."

Bolting pell mell down the hall, Revy fell into her mother's arms, only to find herself stumbling in confusion. Her mother, she'd just been here, yes? So what...

"Revelia, over here. Your mother and I are waiting."

Reeling, Revelia cast her eyes all about before noticing her father and mother standing further down the hallway.

"Mother, father," she cried out, "Wait for me, I'm coming! Just hold on a tick!"

Fuelled by the visions of her parents, Revelia bolted down every hallway she had to in chase. Every corner rounded brought forth a new vision of her loving parents waiting for her until she found herself at what seemed to be a dead end. Looking about the small room she was in, Revy suddenly heard a voice, the voice.

It was the man that had ruined her family... the burglar that shot her mum and dad.

"Guess you're next, smallfry..."

Spinning about to the only opening, Revelia threw a wild punch into the illusionary man. Her fist connected, not with flesh of another man, but with buttons on a wall, and briefly Revelia realised where she was. She was in the lift. Then she was at a cemetery with her brother, Travis.

"Don't worry kiddo. I've got you. Just stick by me, and I'll never let you down."

Suddenly her brother ran out of the room. Desperate to follow, Revy kept hot on his heels around every corner and through every hall. Staying by his side. Moments after entering a seemingly random room, Travis froze and turned to Revelia.

"You didn't keep my tags, kiddo. I told you to keep them. That I'd always be with you. Where are my tags Revy? Why did you leave me..."

As her vision of the old barracks and her brother melted away, Revelia found it replaced with a room full of blood and scattered entrails. Then, out from the shadows, came ten of the small creatures, the hellish merging of children and the virus. And there, on the middle one's hooked hand, dangled Travis' tags.

Reaching back, Revy's hand wrapped tightly around the grip of the Eagle. Drawing it from her belt, Revy brought it forward and wrapped her right hand around to help steady the pistol. A thunderous roar echoed, and the bugger that held her brother's tags dropped like a rock as the bullet tore out the back half of its skull.

Emptying the magazine and reloading, Revelia darted forward and scooped up her tags before turning tail. Running hard as she could, Revelia turned corner after corner after corner before rounding one last bend and immediately halting as her brother's virus stricken form rammed a fist through her gut and lifted her high up off the ground.

"You left me Revy. Why did you leave me?" the things asked seconds before his teeth came down on her face...

Jolting up with a scream, Revelia immediately noticed that her head was sore. Looking about, she found that she was on the ground, next to a spilled box of M.R.Es. Confused, and more than a little disturbed, by her dream, Revy pushed it to the back of her head and repacked the food.

As she stood she heard the haunting melody of some sort of song playing throughout the halls. Remembering her comm.s link, and less than eager to try roaming the halls on her own without at least someone elses voice there, Revy hit the button.

"H-hey, ahm, new girl here... I uh, got some food. Anybody mind getting me to your location. And uh, sharing some words with me while I walk, and not hanging up?"

As Revy walked, she didn't even notice that she was missing one magazine for the pistol.

(OOC: 2spooky yo? I figure Revy is suffering adverse effects from some of the meds that were used in the cryo programme, but, she is not going to be paralysed or anything, because that makes no sense, as we all already figured out xD Instead just a couple minor hallucinations and passing out[Also due to the running and stress])

Nadia was snapped from her little daze of watching Malcom work and trying to listen and read what the machinery was saying when the new girl's voice echoed in her ear. She had thought the girl was behind them but apparently she had wandered off, but at least she had something to show for it.

"This is Nadia, I'm heading back to you now." she said as she slowly left the room. Her head was reeling with all kinds of thoughts, some good, some bad, and some off the wall. A lot had happened since she had woken and she could only imagine how much crazier things were going to get. "I wont leave you in silence...so tell me a little bit about yourself, I didn't get a chance to read your file for myself yet" she said trying to spark up some small talk.

Sh walked at a slow pace as the music played and as her mind wandered. This was only the beginning...that was the part that gave her that strange tingling feeling all over, the feeling you get when you realize that right off the bat something was way harder than you thought yet you knew there was sooo much more to come. The feeling that you get when you just make it passed something that you thought was going to go smoothly only to find out that there will be no task easier than the one that nearly ended you. Wasn't life grand!?!

Revelia sighed in relief as a voice came back through the radio.

"Oh, well, I'm Revelia. I like fun, fun, drinking, and more fun I suppose. Wouldn't mind a shower either. Oh, and I can do tattoos like a pro if that interests you at all. Also, I found food. Well, M.R.Es, so I guess its only food by technicality." Revelia finished with a slight laugh.

As she spoke she felt the blankets of fear and lonliness lift off of her, and her mind immediately felt more at ease.

Nadia chuckled at the girl's lively spirit. "I might get you to give me a tattoo...if we get some down time. As you can see, there's a lot to be done around here...or more like a lot to kill." Nadia said, keeping an positive upbeat tone.

They definitely had their work cut out for them, and seeing what shape Malcom and Jace came back in, she wondered what their overall chances were. Seemed like there was going to be a lot of activity and a lot of things to be done soon, but she turned her mind from that and focused on the conversation. "I second you on the shower, and seeing how those two look as if they were dancing in a blood downpour, I'd say you all could definitely use one...maybe two or three for them. Trust me, anything would be good going down at this point, feels like I could kill over from hunger at any moment." Nadia finished as she continued through the halls.

Things had been moving so fast since she woke up that she really didn't have time to really sit back and think about what was happening, but that was probably for the best. A mind at work was less likely to dwell on the unnecessary and seeing as though something like that could potentially be dangerous under the circumstances, she wasn't too upset that they were constantly on the move. It seemed better to be making progress and saving others than to have no options at all, because if that time ever came, under the circumstances that they found themselves in, that would mean that they had hit a wall and the end was near.

No time for negative thoughts, let's keep it positive and keep it moving she told herself as she kept it moving.

On the fourth or so verse, the song seemed to skip and repeat itself. Despite the fact that the computer was playing a file, not a record or a tape this did not stop the sound from slowing down. Un-noticeably at first, but then as the woman's sad voice was elongated out into more bass-like bellows and almost madness inducing "Uuuuuaaaah" sounds as she hit the long held notes, it began to take on a more terror stricken and nightmarish tone; the vocals being dragged out un-naturally long. The entire base, of course, hearing it until something is done about it being played. The sound was soft to begin with, but now it was growing higher in decibels. To the point that it would soon become troublesome.

The streaming text remained on the medical display the same as always for Woods and Malcom to read. Except for the fact that the last phrase now read: "(Am I) Right or Wrong? God why am I here? On the (red) Evergreen"

All but ignoring the presence of his allies, Malcom continued his work on Jace's body, reconstructing the mans form, piece by piece. He sighed quietly as he reset his left leg with a cracking pop, realigning the knee. The system had almost caught up to him with it's suturing and was proactively beginning to cleanse the area that used to be Jace's face. As the music played around him, Malcom was nearly deaf to it, but he took a moment to pull out his remote, and begin turning off the speakers throughout the facility. Within a moments time, each of them was offline. He sighed, set the remote on a table near him and went back to work.

Then without looking at the man, he remarked to Alexander, "Woods, Do me a favor... There are another set..." He realigned the mans hip with a nearly gut wrenching pop, and then moved to the man's left arm, going to work on it carefully, "Of controls... Right there." He motioned to them, and went on, "Bring them online, and position their interface around his head while I finish up here. Just... get it prepped with the smallest drills the system has, the micro filament ones. I watched another doctor do it once but it takes a bit for the system to warm up, those needles are inserted in a... sort of semi molten state so to speak, not really hot, but a liquid metal none the less." He shrugged as he worked up the mans chest, realigning ribs, resetting and supporting his sternum.

Malcom sent a deep scan over his organs and queued another scan of his broken bones. He sighed as he read the reports on each. The bones were already knitting together, and all of Jace's organs were online and functioning, the synthetic blood was being readily consumed by his body and assimilated and the saline was bolstering his system wonderfully. Malcom stood back as he finished the man's chest and stepped over to a sink, turning the water on. It took it several moments to clear the taps of any rust that had been in the lines, but after a moment, it was steaming hot and clear. He washed his hands, and face, leaning over the sink for a moment as he washed the pooled blood slip down the drain. He muttered, "From Grunt... to CIC to the new Doctor... and next I'm going to be public enemy number one..."

Malcom paused, recalling that Woods had said he too was infected. He glanced around the room until he found what he needed, pulling a cabinet open, he pulled out a small case full of vials. It was the components to create the cure for recently infected humans of the Evol Virus. He pulled six sets of the components out and slid them into a carrier before closing the cabinet. He stepped back over to the table where his remote was and set them down next to it, "See that machine over there? The big yellow one, with all the holes in it. There are empty vials next to it. You'll need three per injection series and one of the sterilized injectors. Get to work. Make six sets of three vials each. First series is going in your arm Woods. Then you slap a set of needles into Nadia, The new girl, Rys Rinnel, that scientist, and Doctor Sponze, You Immunize or cure them all, Jace and I took a lot more of this shit in then you all did. So you have a chance of coming out of it... But were basically already as good as dead." He'd kept his tone flat and devoid of emotions on purpose, and now he was looking the man dead in the face, a look and tone of urgency about him. "It takes five minutes to catalyze each batch. That's how it was back in twenty-thiry-five, so I imagine that's how it is now." He sighed and pulled one of the chairs away from the table, sitting down on it for a moment, "As for me... I've already been hearing the whispers... So I'm on my way to being one of them..." He stared at the vials, almost jealously, wishing to god he'd realized he could get infected sooner.

Woods was snapped out of his reverie as Malcom switched of the speakers. He coughed lightly, mildly embarrassed by his unprofessional display of musical taste. He nodded in Malcom's direction as he stood up with a grunt moving to the controls and working them as he was instructed, chuckling slightly as he heard Malcom's off-hand comment. "Jack of all trades, Malcom."

He nodded again after he was done, and moved to the big yellow machine and began working on the vaccine.

(Ugh, I hate myself for this post. But I was ordered to come eat food. Church is doing some sort of BBQ thing.)

A few minutes later Nadia had met up with the girl, and smiling she turned around and began to walk alongside of her, guiding her back to where the others were. "Not exactly the future as you were hoping for, huh?" she said matter of factly, "Out of the frying pan and into the fire...or I guess more like out of the ice tray and straight into hell."

Nadia was glad that they were able to successfully rescue this newly awakened girl, but she was less happy about the state of her comrades, as they weren't looking too good. The time they had been up hadn't been kind to any of them but to those two most of all, and knowing that they had long way to go just seemed depressing. She shook her head of these thoughts as she thought of a new subject. "So what kind of grub did you find again? I doubt there was any steaks or burgers left behind," she snickered and a moment later her stomach growled a bit, "Good news is that all that freaks are down below us, so now we'll get some time to recover."

A few minutes later they arrived where the others were and Nadia brought the girl to somewhere she could sit while she leaned against a desk next to her as she watched Malcom, waiting to see what was next.

Pleased that the woman had led her back to the others, Revelia started digging through the box, sorting the M.R.E's out according to their flavours and ingredients. All beef in on spot, all chicken in another. There were even a few vegetarian ones. As the dug through them all she occasionally looked up towards Jace and Malcom.

It hurt her more than she liked to admit knowing that this mess had been caused by trying to save her, and momentarily her mind flashed back to the vision of her brother... 'You left me...'

Jolting at the thought, Revy knocked over the box by accident, and sent the M.R.E's inside spilling across the floor. Somewhat embarassed, she immediately dropped to her knees and began piling them back into the box.

"S...sorry, I guess I'm still a little jumpy from earlier. Uh, uhm, m'name's Revelia."

With a shrug, Malcom glanced up at her, saying, "And if I didn't say already... I'm Malcom, Malcom Devontess, and this poor excuse for a human being..." He continued to repair the mans body, nearly done with his frame, he was preparing to start work on his face, "Is Jace Bradley, our resident crazy man..." He chuckles lightly, looking over his repairs carefully, "And so far, my most valuable asset." He looks over at Revelia with a somber smile, "Before you ask, I'm pretty sure he'll make it... After all..." He moved onto Jace's face, beginning the careful process of aiming all of the micro surgical drills that were needed to rebuild the mans face, "He and I are no longer entirely human..." He narrows his eyes, hardly needing the equipment anymore to see at a micro-fine level. With a sniffle to clear his nose, he set to work, aligning all of the drills that would be needed rapidly, using the constantly updating bio-scan to align them with each bone and bit of cartilage that was out of place or out of alignment. It only took him a moment to finish the sequence before a sterile screen covered Jace's face, and the system went to work. Malcom pulled back his work done, the system would no longer need him. He sighed and pulled a stool over to himself to sit down. He closed his eyes with a sigh, "He'll still have a face now too... of a bit... odd looking..." He smirked, "Not that he was a looker to begin with..."

Glancing over at Nadia, he motioned to Captain Woods, saying, "Help the good captain with setting up the serum there. Distribute it quickly, He needs an injection first, so help him out, I heard from a reliable source that he's afraid of needles." He snorts lightly at his joke.

((OOC: Because Spoon seems to be having a lot of stressful times at school, go ahead and make like your "Taking over" the task there Dragon. Just get the vaccines made and distributed.))

Nadia was beginning to help Revelia pick up when she got Malcom's orders, and looking over to the Captain she smiled. "Well we don't want the good captain to faint on us now do we," she said jokingly as she made her way over to Woods, "Let's see what we got here." Nadia took a few minutes to look at what Woods was doing and had done before taking over the reigns herself, no use in making the Captain work with sharp tools that he wasn't too fond of for fear of having him fumble something by accident.

As she went about her task she peered over at Malcom, "So not to be pushy about this or anything, but care to elaborate on this whole not entirely human thing? I've seen my share of zombie flicks and obviously we've all seen our share of the horrors that truly exist..." she stopped herself from prying anymore, she figured that Malcom probably had an idea of what was going on and if it was an issue he would've said so by now. "How many of these do we need again?" she asked, trying to change the topic of conversation to something else.

Malcom looked up at Nadia, and with a sigh, he shrugged, "Both he and I are infected with the E-vol Virus. He has displayed signs of type three, at stage four progression, I've been experiencing..." He paused and thought about it, "Type Two, Stage seven... at this point." He rubbed his head slightly and sighed, "The next thing to change on either of us will either be physical mutations... or we wont change in that fashion. If we don't..." He shrugs, "We had a few soldiers who maintained their own minds through the entire change, but eventually, the enemy combatants saw them as a threat and switched back to killing them..." He paused and recalled how ill-informed anyone below the officer ranks were. He sighed and said, "Basically, Everything they told you about the virus was either bare minimum, or a lie. Jace... he's considered high risk, potentiality of loss of mental constitution. But I've never seen it manifest in type three, Only types one, two, four and six. So I know what's going to happen to me..." He paused, "Nidelia should be... at least part way through the change by now... well... judging by how little..."

He rose from his position and moved to the device that was making the vaccine. It was finished with the first four doses. He took each one out and stuck Woods with the first one. It made a hissing sound as it administered the hastily made antidote. He nodded to Nadia, setting the ampoule with her dose down beside her he shrugged, "She could have taken for type one... Her exposure was very light, and mostly topical, we generally saw only type one with topical exposure and limited soft tissue exposure." He made a face and sighed, "The... zombie like ones, they're type one's, just so you know." He took the remaining vial and stepped over to Revelia, setting it on the table beside her, "Yours as a precaution mainly. You still need to take it."

Moving away from her, he took up his rail gun and motioned to Nadia, "Leave the good captain to finish all of that, We have a few things to do. I need to make sure everything is locked down. He looked to Jace, muttering, "Wake up soon you big idiot..." before he stepped out of the room and into the hallway, making his way towards the showers for the second time that day.

Nadia was shocked by the intel that Malcom had just dropped on her, bot exactly sure what to say about it. She had in fact been ill-informed or more like not completely briefed on all the information that was available. She was a little upset by this turn of events but at the same time she understood that sometimes in a situation as crazy and as dire as the one that they were facing that some information was only known by the higher-ups, which helped the lower ranked officers carry out their roles without being distracted or hindered by knowledge that really wouldn't benefit them knowing at their level. "Damn...to think things like that could happen," she began to think about all the things they had seen down there.

As Malcom had administered the vaccine to Captain Woods and then set hers next to her, she picked up the vile and stared at it for a moment. With a quick stab, push of a button, and the hssssssss! sound of the vaccine being administered, the process was done. Looking over at Revelia, "Be sure to take it," she looked to Malcom as he spoke to her and then look to Woods, "I leave all this in your capable hands, Captain," she smiled as she checked her weapons and knives, and then followed Malcom out of the room, tossing a glance back Jace's body on the table before she exited the room.

Malcom strode into the shower rooms again, unfastening his armor, he grunted as it fell away, bruises on his body already mending, and as he pulled the armor away, debris that had rammed into his body during the fight were inevitable. He sighed as they dropped off of them from where they had been pressed into his flesh. The wounds however, were already mending, knitting. Malcom winced in pain as he glanced down at the healing flesh, muttering, "Stage... eight... so soon... Damn..." He watched as the wounds pulled themselves together slowly. He stepped into the showers and began peeling off his cryo-suit, the thing had been mangled, but it had hidden the fact that he had indeed been taking damage during the last few moments of his encounter with the creatures.

With a sigh, he turned the water on and let it wash over him again as he had done not even an hour earlier. Shuddering he felt the wounds continue to seal until they were minor lacerations. With a slight motion, he flicks the water back off, and returns to the lockers, the blood and gore washed away, he began pulling open the hermetically sealed lockers one at a time. After opening a few of them, he pulled out a new cryo-suit, and slid into it.

With a sigh, he sat down on the central bench of the locker rooms, letting his hands come to rest in front of his face, his elbows on his knees. He gazed out at the hall, shuddering as he thought about the details of what he was becoming. It should have happened much faster according to the briefings but it was slow, it was taking it's time, the infection was spreading at a very slow rate, he frowned, and realized, "I haven't ingested anything... They all did..." His eyes focused with a snap as realization hit him, the infection was taking more time because there was less bio-matter for the infection to use against him that was not his own. He shook his head, muttering, "But... how do I know that... That wasn't in the briefings..."

Woods scoffed at Malcom. "Please, I can handle needles just fine... It's just when the pointy end is aimed at my veins that I get twitchy. No need to mock." He rolled his eyes but scowled at Nadia, figuring he'd play along, not like there was a whole lot to d- No, that wasn't true. There was a lot to do. Like rebuilding the human race, and eradicating the thing that had brought it down in the first place. He shook his head, one step at a time. He nodded to Nadia as she took over prep for the vaccinations.

Destroying the virus wasn't likely to happen in his lifetime. An organized military task force comprised of the largest nations in the world couldn't do a thing to halt its advance, and they had, what, three people on their feet with any martial skill? The new girl seemed to be able to handle herself, but she still had little to no training. It was going to be a long process. And far from an easy one at that.

He tensed as Malcom injected in the vaccine, muttering a silent prayer to whatever deity was still watching over this fucked up world that it worked. He'd never been a religious man, but he thought that they could all use a bit of divine intervention at the moment. Not to mention himself, he hadn't been infected long so he still had a shot at being cured... That is, as long as the virus hadn't evolved past the pseudo-cure.

He nodded to Malcom as he made his way out, and as Nadia followed him. Woods sighed, heaving himself up, he was starving, but there was nothing to be found, except for a box near the new girl, Revelia. He nods in the boxes direction, saying nothing but gave Revelia a pointed glance and a quiet grunt.

Jace, laying there stark naked on the make-shift operating table save for the casts that were placed all over his arms, legs, chest, and face. Wires stuck out of each of the casts as if they were waiting to be connected to hooks to keep him from moving. As soon as Malcom made his way out of the room and Woods gave the grunt, a creaking noise echoed from within his casts. The metal wires wiggled and tapped against the table as the cast around Jace's face turned to point in their direction. The one eye-hole in the full face-cast showed a bloodshot, yet almost completely red, eye peering out at them. With a few crack and popping sounds, the bottom half of the face cast elongated and a jagged split formed where the mouth would be. The whole cast now looking like some sort of horrific 'mask' with sharp 'teeth' from where the area in between was blown out in an exhale.

The eye was twitching and spasming as a wheeze sucked in air and an almost inhuman "Huuuuuuueeeh...." whispered out from between the jagged 'mouth' of the cast. After a few more seconds, the twitching eye snapped into focus and pierced the stare straight into Nadias own eyes. "Huuuuuungry...." Just about this time, the rest of the casts started to creak as his neck muscles bulged.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back