Other Obscure fandoms you'd like to RP

Off-topic, but is this a quote from a religious text? If so, I wish I'd heard this in 2017. It's not that I'm religious, so much as was more strongly affected by religious symbolism at the time without anything to suggest that "being yourself" was ALWAYS what people should aim for.
'Tis from Shakespeare's Hamlet!

I love trying new things and verses, i was huge on One Piece, but it is really popular, not that i'll be against writing with that verse.

But some shows and movies never had that chance to be trully explored and written.

I try to focus on unpopular verses and muses, the ambiance is generally calm and easier to write with.

Long story short, the Korean singer K.Will released a sequel to his famous music video from 2012 for his song 'Please Don't':

12 years later, K.Will has released his new song today, called 'No Sad Song For My Broken Heart' and the music video is set 10 years after the 'Please Don't' music video, with two of the actors returning to continue the storyline - without spoiling (please watch both videos until the end), let's just say that there is so much potential for a BL/MxM angsty romance K-Drama style 1x1 rp, since both videos come with plenty of theories and ways of continuing the story 🥺

(CC button for English subs)

There's so many! Grew up reading His Dark Materials and adore that, always wanted to do a roleplay centered around the many what if's of that world or even just exploring Lyra's world and the wider plot without eve come again to solve it all. Lyra's world is just so well designed and interesting and I love a good victorian world ruled by religion where people's souls are represented by animal manifestations and the really vivid dynamics that play out when your soul is right there for all to see!

Plus shows like Life on Mars (hit by a car and either mad/in a coma/travelled back in time,) or A Song of Ice and Fire (not entirely sure how obscure it is but everything I see tends to be centered around Jon Snow/Daemon/Dany whilst I love the various canon divergences and oc's which can be played around with.) Always enjoyed the idea of Doctor Who/"Whoniverse," but never had much of an idea as to how such a thing would play out - feel like it's not one that lends itself to roleplay. And then just Slow Horses where the best of the worst of MI5 are forced to work together to save the country (ignore the fact sometimes they're the reason it needs saving at all.)

Lazarus Project where a selectively chosen group of people work to prevent events which cause the end of the world, guiding history to keep humanity alive and when things go wrong they wind the clock back to the last "save," point. Love a good time loop and the idea of being burdened to live through horrors again and again to save the world is an oddly fun one despite the dark sounding premise.

Last edited:
There's so many! Grew up reading His Dark Materials and adore that, always wanted to do a roleplay centered around the many what if's of that world or even just exploring Lyra's world and the wider plot without eve come again to solve it all. Lyra's world is just so well designed and interesting and I love a good victorian world ruled by religion where people's souls are represented by animal manifestations and the really vivid dynamics that play out when your soul is right there for all to see!
yeees!!!!

His Dark Materials, specifically Lyra's world. Honestly, the angels and spectres and so on are cool, yeah, but I really just want to explore this gaslamp fantasy alternate-Earth where everyone has a daemon! Like it doesn't even have to be about Dust or the Gobblers or Magisterium, it can just be day to day life. Seriously, you had me "eternal animal companion that is the external manifestation of your own soul" and the Victorian-esque world is just icing on the cake.

I also enjoy Vampire the Masquerade, Werewolf the Apocalypse, and the Anita Blake world/setting/lore (but uh, without the atrocious canon characters and eternal focus on smut) VtM and WtA aren't obscure per se I guess, but not a lot of play-by-post people want to do them, and I don't think I've ever seen an ad for an AB-based setting.

X-Men isn't obscure at all, but my specific interests within the X-Men canon are VERY niche. I'm not really interested in the school, the X-Men themselves, or the major/popular canons. I'm really way more into exploring the politics of the Hellfire Club and its characters, writing the ever-unpopular Sebastian Shaw, and exploring the original Hellions (Catseye, Roulette, etc.) My other favorite X-Men characters include obscure names like Haven (appeared in seven X-Factor issues in the 90s), Eques (a single-issue character from 1983), and Darkstar (a Russian mutant who's been around since the 70s but always kind of a tertiary character) I also really like the Inhumans and the Eternals (comics, not movies) which is definitely obscure.

Oh, and Unicorn Academy!

omg could i dm you about X-men stuff?

I have two at the moment:

Yugioh Arc-V: I only recently got into this series so I'm not super well versed in it, but the original was a big part of my childhood and I got curious about this series. I LOVE the characters (specifically the 4 Yu-boys and their female counterparts) and although the ending was..."meh" I still really like the overall concept

Legend of Zelda: Four Swords Manga: I dont think this one is as obscure on other sites, but I don't see too many people familiar with it on here! The manga adaptation of Four Swords Adventures was another big part of my childhood, which is funny because I never actually played the game itself. The way the story is told is so good, and the amount of personality each Link has is just 💖.

Ohh, this is a good one.

F.E.A.R.: First Encounter Assault Recon is a first-person shooter action-horror video game that takes inspiration from Hong Kong action films and supernatural Japanese horror films. I'd have loved to explore the story of Armacham with OCs, but it's not a very well-known game.

Overlord is a dark fantasy video game that takes after games like Fable and  Pikmin, but you play as the evil dark lord seeking to conquer the realm with an army of funny gremlin-like creatures. It also helps that the heroes you set out to defeat aren't very heroic anymore.

Other niche fandoms I enjoy include:
  • Area 51 video game
  • Starship Troopers
  • Dishonored, but I'm more interested in exploring an AU
  • Guyver: Bio-Booster Armor
  • Metroid is by no means niche but is a rarity among roleplays here.
  • Dead Rising is fairly popular but not many people on this site seem to use it.
  • Manhunt.
I'm sure there are more, but these are off the top of my head.

Last edited:
It isn't exactly obscure but it is greatly overshadowed by its baby brother Persona, especially in the west
But I would love to do a Shin Megami Tensei RP

a VERY underated one IMO, but PHIGHTING!
..It's a roblox game, but I adore it with all of my heart, and it has a chokehold on me raah..

If any of you wanna check it out,,, I recommend this video to learn some stuff about it:

If anyone here checks it out,,,, LET ME KNOW,,,, AND IF ANYONE ELSE GETS INTO IT AND WANTS TO RP CHARACTERS FROM IT I WILL SKIP AND FROLLICK WITH JOY YAYAYAYAYAA. I CRAVE A PHIGHTING ROLEPLAY SO MUCH...

Im very fixated on this game send help

Users who are viewing this thread

Back