• Before posting a question, please check our Frequently Asked Questions page as well as previous threads here. Odds are you aren't the first to ask, and you may find the answer without having to post!

Number of Posts Displayed Option

Personally, the only thing I can see this affecting is loading.

Have to load two and a half times less often, and it takes like... another second?

Saves time. The number's low enough that the scrolling isn't obnoxious.

So far as how it changes an rps post count... posts are what matter (to me at least), not pages, and they're all there. :P

I like the update, can see why some wouldn't. ^_^

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm fine with the change, it's just that with RPs that require big posts this might become an issue.

I think we should have an option to how many posts we can see on a thread.

Make life easier.

KaoriMei said:
I think we should have an option to how many posts we can see on a thread.
Make life easier.
I agree with this, but have fears that it might kill the site about having to load different number of posts per page for each person.

@The Dark Wizard, can you confirm?

Hunnyhelp said:
I agree with this, but have fears that it might kill the site about having to load different number of posts per page for each person.
I kind of think of it as if I'm shopping online. You have the option to view 50 items, 100 items, etc.

An option like that for viewing posts would be good - of course not 50 posts at a time.

Maybe something such as 10, 15, 20 posts. Get where I'm coming from?

Hunnyhelp said:
I'm not sure.

However making choice won't be coming any time soon, but it is something I will work on.

KaoriMei said:
I kind of think of it as if I'm shopping online. You have the option to view 50 items, 100 items, etc.
An option like that for viewing posts would be good - of course not 50 posts at a time.

Maybe something such as 10, 15, 20 posts. Get where I'm coming from?
We dig, though this site is nothing like Amazon or any other online shopping service. There used to be an option for at least seven different site colors. This, however, would mean that Wizard would have to create multiple site layouts. There was a long battle between different site colors or the option to switch between small displayed avatars and large displayed avatars. The whole idea behind this is that it uses up space and a whole bunch of other confusing things could happen.

What I am trying to get at is that allowing users to select the different quantities may require the same methods to be used, which is why Wizard compromised by increasing the amount of posts that are visible on each page. I'm not saying that this is the exact reason, but it could be something that the site may run into.

Sweet! Already found myself using the [˄ 25/25 ˅] buttons at the top right a lot more now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back