Nova cameo in MoEP: Alchemicals.

Aquillion

Sort of. This has probably been mentioned, but I couldn't find it on a forum search, so... blame the forum search and not me if it has.

A sidebar on pg. 81 of the recently-released Manual of Exalted Power: Alchemicals gives a brief listing of currently-prominent Alchemicals in Autochthonia. Although it's name-only, guess who the last name in the list is?

Elegant Nova of Progression.

So apparently we do have a canonical Exalt playing a role in the plot after all.

Either that or someone reads Keychain, kind of like how Iron Reed of Auspicion got himself into the Dragon-Blooded manual.

Several developers have mentioned reading KoC. And I'm pretty sure Bodhi has an account here and IIRC Holden mentioned wanting to join these forums.

Someone finally stumbled into a keyboard and accidentally approved me after four or five months! Hurrah!

And although it's now a year and a chapter past being topical, yes, we love the Keychain and especially Nova.

Holden said:
Someone finally stumbled into a keyboard and accidentally approved me after four or five months! Hurrah!
And although it's now a year and a chapter past being topical, yes, we love the Keychain and especially Nova.
It's odd that you had to await approval. I don't recall having to get approval.

Perhaps you had the misfortune to try and register whilst the forum was in the grips of Spambot assault?

Holden said:
Seriously? It took like five minutes with me. What was up with the thing for you?

Holden said:
Well, I mentioned one of your posts to Flagg...

Nice. I also notice there's a new vote for Nova in the Favourite Character poll :mrgreen:

...Well, this is surprising. At least to me, though it sounds as though something of this sort has happened in the past. I should probably be slapped for having to ask, but who is this Iron Reed of Auspicion?

I'm glad you got your account activated, though, Holden. I had to wait about a day for mine, I think, but that wasn't too bad considering that I had to contact Flagg by e-mail...

Maybe they can put cameos of other KoC characters into the books.

The King of Uncloaked Steel as a well trained Abyssal that's gone rogue.

Aria most definitely not running the Eastern direction's non-existent society that doesn't wear veils that are most assuredly not white and most certainly doesn't have a Senbon based Martial Arts Style that they definitely don't use.

Secret, the kawaii Deathknight that has no useful Charms except for the entire Dodge tree.

Maybe they can put cameos of other KoC characters into the books.
The King of Uncloaked Steel as a well trained Abyssal that's gone rogue.

Aria most definitely not running the Eastern direction's non-existent society that doesn't wear veils that are most assuredly not white and most certainly doesn't have a Senbon based Martial Arts Style that they definitely don't use.

Secret, the kawaii Deathknight that has no useful Charms except for the entire Dodge tree.
Doesn't she have some archery charms and Corpse Needs No Food?

...Well' date=' this is surprising. At least to me, though it sounds as though something of this sort has happened in the past. I should probably be slapped for having to ask, but who is this Iron Reed of Auspicion?[/quote']
Once upon a time, when Exalted was still in its first edition, there existed a webcomic. And this webcomic was called The Freedom Stone. And, well, it was about what you'd expect, if an ST were running an Eclipse caste solo and then other people wanted in. Best known for its cracks against House Cynis possibly having ties to Thorns.

But more importantly, one of the primary characters was the Iron Reed of Auspicion, a poor benighted Fire Aspect Immaculate Monk who happened to be taken in by said Eclipse's immense social-fu (which, this being first edition, wasn't codified into Social Combat yet. Ah, those were the days...). Well, more accurately, he seemed to have a Compassion of 4 and really couldn't stand the Eclipse being pitiful (STUPID USELESS COMPASSION), but there you go.

The point is, there's a picture of him getting abuse from a monk in the Second Edition Dragon-Blooded manual, done by the same artist who once did the since long-departed Freedom Stone comic.

The end. Sort of.

There are lots of little references all over the Exalted books. Jokes, too - the core book credits lists "Your Mother" as a playtester, for example.

Personally I am extraordinarily gratified to receive a nod such as this, and will likely be more so when I can get a copy of the book myself! :D

Fabricati said:
...Well' date=' this is surprising. At least to me, though it sounds as though something of this sort has happened in the past. I should probably be slapped for having to ask, but who is this Iron Reed of Auspicion?[/quote']
Once upon a time, when Exalted was still in its first edition, there existed a webcomic. And this webcomic was called The Freedom Stone. And, well, it was about what you'd expect, if an ST were running an Eclipse caste solo and then other people wanted in. Best known for its cracks against House Cynis possibly having ties to Thorns.

But more importantly, one of the primary characters was the Iron Reed of Auspicion, a poor benighted Fire Aspect Immaculate Monk who happened to be taken in by said Eclipse's immense social-fu (which, this being first edition, wasn't codified into Social Combat yet. Ah, those were the days...). Well, more accurately, he seemed to have a Compassion of 4 and really couldn't stand the Eclipse being pitiful (STUPID USELESS COMPASSION), but there you go.

The point is, there's a picture of him getting abuse from a monk in the Second Edition Dragon-Blooded manual, done by the same artist who once did the since long-departed Freedom Stone comic.

The end. Sort of.
...Ah, The Freedom Stone. I thought it might be that.

I need to reread that webcomic sometime.

Fabricati said:
What page?

I know I read the comic after it died, but that was months ago, and I can't seem to find it again...

jokasti said:
Where is the Freedom Stone webcomic? I can't find it anywhere.
It's on Yu-Shan's Shelf of What Is Lost To Us, in the Greatest Celestial Library, filed next to Firefly: Season 2, and Star Trek: The Lost Generation.

jokasti said:
Where is the Freedom Stone webcomic? I can't find it anywhere.
Bam!

I keep complete, up to date archives of a fair number of webcomics so I can read them without access to the internet. It also comes in handy when people ask about webcomics that mysteriously dropped off the face of the internet.

0m3g413 said:
I keep complete, up to date archives of a fair number of webcomics so I can read them without access to the internet. It also comes in handy when people ask about webcomics that mysteriously dropped off the face of the internet.
The Internet is blessed by people like you.

0m3g413 said:
I don't suppose you have Antiseptic Poetry archived?

I don't suppose you have Antiseptic Poetry archived?
Sorry, I've been looking for a copy of that one myself. I actually still had the (dead) link to their last update in my 'I haven't gotten around to saving these yet' comic links folder.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back