Advice/Help Not everyones cup of tea

soda224

Hello fellow RPers,

I'm just here to voice a little bit of my opinion and what I am going through (sounds dramatic but it's not really lol)

So I like to play in some different kinds or roleplays... Post apocalyptic, apocalyptic, modern day SOL, historical SOL, but one of the genres I'm interested in is a dying genre of roleplay and I believe it's been ruined by creepy weirdos.

I like family based roleplays... Not adult kids with their parents, but child age characters with their parents and siblings just going through life together. It used to be more popular than it is these days and it's honestly because creepy people want to do disgusting, inappropriate things using child characters. It honestly sucks because I can't find anyone else who likes this kind of RP or who won't think I am one of those creepy, weird people.

I was recently apart of site that was about family but was forced to leave because the admin kept finding things to get on my case about that wasn't even about my characters... apparently my writing and writing style offended their trigger warnings too much and they were being so difficult that I just couldn't be there anymore. Even the other members were like "wtf is the admins problem."

Anyways.. if anyone catches wind of family roleplays where child age characters are allowed I hope I can find it. I'm honestly not a creep.. its all SFW and age appropriate.

Thanks for letting me vent!

Hello fellow RPers,

I'm just here to voice a little bit of my opinion and what I am going through (sounds dramatic but it's not really lol)

So I like to play in some different kinds or roleplays... Post apocalyptic, apocalyptic, modern day SOL, historical SOL, but one of the genres I'm interested in is a dying genre of roleplay and I believe it's been ruined by creepy weirdos.

I like family based roleplays... Not adult kids with their parents, but child age characters with their parents and siblings just going through life together. It used to be more popular than it is these days and it's honestly because creepy people want to do disgusting, inappropriate things using child characters. It honestly sucks because I can't find anyone else who likes this kind of RP or who won't think I am one of those creepy, weird people.

I was recently apart of site that was about family but was forced to leave because the admin kept finding things to get on my case about that wasn't even about my characters... apparently my writing and writing style offended their trigger warnings too much and they were being so difficult that I just couldn't be there anymore. Even the other members were like "wtf is the admins problem."

Anyways.. if anyone catches wind of family roleplays where child age characters are allowed I hope I can find it. I'm honestly not a creep.. its all SFW and age appropriate.

Thanks for letting me vent!
I'm so incredibly sorry you had such an experience. I love slice of life roleplays with family dynamics. I mean back when I first started roleplaying they were very popular. You know the small village roleplays where everyone knew everyone. Multigenerational roleplays where you get to see people grow and create families of their own. There is deep comfort in innocent story lines for me as well and I TOO get so frustrated when they veer into an odd category.

As for the trigger bit. So sorry that happened too. Some people can be consumed by their own mental boundaries and can not see reason beyond them.

Don't worry they still exist and I've seen some slice of life here before. Don't lose hope! Perhaps you'll find a good group of people here.

I'm so incredibly sorry you had such an experience. I love slice of life roleplays with family dynamics. I mean back when I first started roleplaying they were very popular. You know the small village roleplays where everyone knew everyone. Multigenerational roleplays where you get to see people grow and create families of their own. There is deep comfort in innocent story lines for me as well and I TOO get so frustrated when they veer into an odd category.

As for the trigger bit. So sorry that happened too. Some people can be consumed by their own mental boundaries and can not see reason beyond them.

Don't worry they still exist and I've seen some slice of life here before. Don't lose hope! Perhaps you'll find a good group of people here.
Thanks, this actually makes me feel a bit better.
Yes idk what was up there but anything I did (even when it was with other members) the admin always found something wrong with what I did. I regret leaving now cause I can't find anything atm but I know I couldn't go back.. for my own mental health haha.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back