Anime & Manga Not as well know anime series that are amazing

Sagitarius

The Queen Bitch
So, i have watched a few anime shows that might...not be considered popular, or that people havent heard of them, but the story and characters are just beautiful.

Some examples are:

Chrono crusade:

chrono.jpg

Air Gear:

banner_1440.jpg

Spiral:

banner_1569.jpg

Angelic layer:

angelic.jpg

Kobato:

latest

an D.N angel:

latest

How about you? Do you have an anime that no matter how many people you tell about, nobody seems to know? For me, those six seem to be the case.

Last edited by a moderator:
D.N. rocks, i have read some of the first books.

i am not sure if their is a show on it (tend to read more than watch), but Hollow fields is a good anime that doesn't seem to be that well known.

Hellfire said:
D.N. rocks, i have read some of the first books.
i am not sure if their is a show on it (tend to read more than watch), but Hollow fields is a good anime that doesn't seem to be that well known.
mhm! there is an anime! I also started with the manga and then re lived the story through the animation <3

Umineko no Naku Koro ni; somehow, of the works produced by 07th Expansion, its sister Higarushi gets all the credit, even though this series is just as good, and perhaps (in my opion at least) even better. Honesty, the visual novel is more enjoyable, and the plot continues past the end of the anime (probably because of airing limitations), but the anime is actually quite decent too. It still remains one of my favorite animes of all time, besides Elfen Lied, Clannad, and a few others.

Umineko_no_Naku_Koro_ni_cover.jpg

Rainbow: Nisha Rokubou no Shichinin was a wonderful series that I never see talked about. It's a historical drama about inmates in a 1950s Japanese youth reformatory.

Also, this one is slightly more well-known, but Kaiji and other Fukumoto works are seriously amazing and I recommend them to anyone who likes psychological thrillers and gambling. A lot of people are put off by the artstyle though, which is unfortunate.

Last edited by a moderator:
ougi said:
Rainbow: Nisha Rokubou no Shichinin was a wonderful series that I never see talked about. It's a historical drama about inmates in a 1950s Japanese youth reformatory.
Also, this one is slightly more well-known, but Kaiji and other Fukumoto works are seriously amazing and I recommend them to anyone who likes psychological thrillers and gambling. A lot of people are put off by the artstyle though, which is unfortunate.
:D i have seen kaiji, and i agree, its a really awesome series.

Unfortunately there is no anime yet (and there probably never will be,) but Maoh Juvenile Remix was very enjoyable, in my opinion.

I don't think they're popular now and I'm uncertain if they ever were, but two actual animes I liked were Welcome to the NHK and Yozakura Quartet.

I've never heard anybody talking about Le Chevalier D'eon, but it's pretty great. (Or maybe I'm just a historical drama addict.)

I'm watching Tegami Bachi right now, and I hadn't heard of it, either. It's pretty sweet so far!

hyakinthos said:
I've never heard anybody talking about Le Chevalier D'eon, but it's pretty great. (Or maybe I'm just a historical drama addict.)
I'm watching Tegami Bachi right now, and I hadn't heard of it, either. It's pretty sweet so far!
omg tegami bachi is so Q_Q beautiful story <3

I'm on the fourth episode right now. I think Gauche is my favorite so far.

It seems like it's something out of a dream! Kind of reminds me of Hunter X Hunter, too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back