~~~~

Do you enjoy Nightcore?

If not why?

If you do, why?

If you do what is your favorite song?

Tell me below!

?????

~~~~

Not really a fan. I like the songs they cover, but I don't particularly like how they cover it. Just sounds accelerated and higher-pitched. I've never heard a nightcore song that I like more than the original. Nor have I really heard any good nightcore originals.

Ursus said:
Not really a fan. I like the songs they cover, but I don't particularly like how they cover it. Just sounds accelerated and higher-pitched. I've never heard a nightcore song that I like more than the original. Nor have I really heard any good nightcore originals.
That is understandable! I myself am a fan though.... : )

Edit:

Honestly though.

I kinda outgrew it quick.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not a fan too. I heard some songs, but I like the originals better. Nightcore, as stated by Ursus, sounds just higher-pitched to me. It feels as if it's not even an actual cover, but just someone uploading the same song and changing the speed...

Nightcore is pretty good if you want to hear the song faster. I've heard remixes and stuff done with nightcore that were pretty good. but it really depends on the song.

I love nightcore, I don't know what it is but for some reason I've always loved really high pitched singing or fast paced songs and nightcore has both of those so I guess that's why I love it so much. It is a little weird though when I want to listen to the original song instead of the nightcore version and the original sounds really slow, but still it's probably one of my favorite types of music though I've heard so much nightcored songs I probably can't think of what my favorite would be.

NinjaCat said:
I love nightcore, I don't know what it is but for some reason I've always loved really high pitched singing or fast paced songs and nightcore has both of those so I guess that's why I love it so much. It is a little weird though when I want to listen to the original song instead of the nightcore version and the original sounds really slow, but still it's probably one of my favorite types of music though I've heard so much nightcored songs I probably can't think of what my favorite would be.
Me too, Nightcore is cool, my favorite at the moment is 'Wonderland' by I have no idea who.

"I love nightcore, it's really upbeat, and I love that in music. of course, the song from Tean Beach Movie 2 , Gotta Be Me is upbeat enough. I think my favorite song for now is the nightcore version of Angel With A Shotgun." PinkCupcakeKitty looks over at Silvermist7235 grinning, "Of course, she should know that."

I absolutely love nightcore ever since I heard Ravers Fantasy. Some of my favs are: Children Of Darkness, God is a Girl, and of course, Ravers Fantasy.

I'm super iffy about nightcore, all I can think about is Alvin and the Chipmunks covering the song when I hear any nightcore song.

Ballerina said:
I'm super iffy about nightcore, all I can think about is Alvin and the Chipmunks covering the song when I hear any nightcore song.
Same here until i found some of the songs that sounded pretty good while sped up.

I've never liked Nightcore at all. The voices are obnoxiously high-pitched, sounds like constipated chipmunks, and the beat is way too accelerated. I find it to be so accelerated that I can't even distinguish what verse of the song I'm listening to. Sometimes Nightcore remixes offer more of a slower style, or "male" covers. I don't even want to get into the depths of those.

Quite frankly, I'm not quite fond of 'nightcore' or any of its affiliates. I'm the kind of person who likes to take in the melody or the beats. And nightcore feels just like a bunch of noise, much like brostep and dubstep. Even crunk seems to have some kind of beat that nightcore doesn't seem to have. It feels like a song that has been 'japanified' and with super squeaky voices, like Alvin and the chipmunks. So whatever, I prefer the original track or just something that I can absorb, feel and just get immersed in. So it's a big nay for me. So to sum things up, I'd rather listen to Cambodian pop than this, cause I abhor it, J-Pop or K-Pop, or just about anything that sounds weird or awful, of course.

I've never really listened to a full song / remix of theirs. I've seen people use Nightcore songs for their chara's theme, and almost as soon as I play it I stop playing it immediately. It's not my cup of tea, but I suppose it deserves a chance instead of me going all judgemental based on the first few seconds, so I went ahead and listened to their remix(?) of Sam Tsui and MAX's cover of Demons and I just want to say... it was a horrible experience. I know I said I would try and listen to a full work of theirs but I just can't. I gave up when it reached the first chorus. Too high pitched. Honestly butchered the beauty of the original cover imo. Don't think I'll be listening to any of their works any time soon (or ever for that matter) thanks to that experience.

So yea, I say
nay to Nightcore.

While we are on the topic of nightcore, check this out!

[media]

[/media]
(making nightcore begins at around 2:12)

Nightcore is such a guilty pleasure of mine omg. Some songs I will only listen to the nightcore version (a lot of lady gaga, applause is my fave xD ).

I seriously don't know why people like nightcore. I mean, it's just a song sped up like twenty times. I don't think I would consider it 'music'. A song is basically ruined for me if I listen to a nightcore version of it.

Some songs are musically catchy and sound just as good or better sped up, like Queens of the Stone Age.

Some lyrics or artists of bands are uncomfortably sexist, like Queens of the Stone Age.

But if you speed up their voices, they sound like women. Like Queens of the Stone Age.

Hehehehe. Take this for example.

[media]

[/media]
Except when it's subversive like the above, I do feel sorry for the artists who would prefer that their music not be distorted by simply speeding it up as Nightcore often does.

My opinion is that half the time nightcore is really unnecessary but it doesn't ruin the song, just makes it very fast. I like to listen to the original more than the nightcore like 75% of the time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back