New and somewhat overwhelmed

Dover

bad joke dispensary
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Hello everyone! I'm Dover. I've been doing creative writing roleplay for about 10 years, but this is my first time joining a site specifically for it. For the last 3-ish years or so, I've only been roleplaying with a single close friend, so I'm hoping to branch out a little more here.

That being said, there are so many options here than I'm all over the place trying to decide where to start. Probably 1 x 1's since that's what I'm most comfortable with. I haven't done a group roleplay in probably 6 or so years. Yikes. Rusty is an understatement.

At the risk of making this intro too long, here are a few more bits about myself: I live in Canada, am 26 years of age, female, and a Bachelor of Arts student majoring in English (one more year!). I love writing short fiction, and I am fond of most genres, but if given the chance to write something unsettling, I will.

I'll leave it at that. I hope to roleplay with some of you lovely folks in the future!

Hello, Dover. I am AJ and welcome to RpNation. Just like you, I started off with roleplaying with my best friend. That is until she got busy with her life. C'est la vie. Congrats on making it that far and so close to getting your Bachelor! You and everyone who go through with college inspire me to continue to further into my education.

I hope to see you in expand your roleplay skills and even making your own threads. If you ever need a collaborator, I am your guy.

I think this is great that RpNation has gotten a new member and I do hope that you make friends and have long term stories. I think that is enough pride and introductions from me. I wish you luck, darling.

Hi AJ! That's pretty much where I am too with my friend. Replies are down to a couple a month, so I'm sure this site will help with that. And thank you! It was a lot of work, but in the end it'll be worth it for the experience. Best of luck with your education as well. :)

Awesome, thank you. If I ever get the urge to test out creating group roleplays again, I'll hit you up.

Hello, and welcome! We're very similar! I actually just graduated with my bachelors in English :) Congratulations on being so close to the end! I started out role playing with a few close friends as well. If you ever want to start a role play or need help on an assignment, you can reach out to me if you'd like. Senior year capstone projects are super stressful for english majors. My final project was a 40 page paper on Aristotelian tragic heroes in contemporary literature :o

Dover said:
Hello everyone! I'm Dover. I've been doing creative writing roleplay for about 10 years, but this is my first time joining a site specifically for it. For the last 3-ish years or so, I've only been roleplaying with a single close friend, so I'm hoping to branch out a little more here.
That being said, there are so many options here than I'm all over the place trying to decide where to start. Probably 1 x 1's since that's what I'm most comfortable with. I haven't done a group roleplay in probably 6 or so years. Yikes. Rusty is an understatement.

At the risk of making this intro too long, here are a few more bits about myself: I live in Canada, am 26 years of age, female, and a Bachelor of Arts student majoring in English (one more year!). I love writing short fiction, and I am fond of most genres, but if given the chance to write something unsettling, I will.

I'll leave it at that. I hope to roleplay with some of you lovely folks in the future!
Welcome to the site! *snaps fingers and a barrage of fireworks explode overhead, showering vibrant colors!*

Another Bachelor of arts right here! Don't worry about feeling overwhelmed, I felt exactly the same when I started (about 2 weeks ago), but you'll find people on here really friendly and catch on quick! :-D

@Thespian8719 :o *claps*

Hiya. <3 Aw, thank you! I've noticed people are super friendly already. On other sites I've been on, people normally don't really reply to intro posts.

Dover said:
@Thespian8719 :o *claps*
Hiya. <3 Aw, thank you! I've noticed people are super friendly already. On other sites I've been on, people normally don't really reply to intro posts.
Well, feel free to hit me up if you ever wanna' do a onexone or any other type of roleplay! I tend to like adapting to other peoples styles and interests, so I'll always be happy to! (I'm a people pleaser, haha)

@Thespian8719 Will do! I'm in the process of making a search thread at the moment, so I'll tag you once it's up and we'll see if we can find common interests. :)

Oh really? You're lucky! It will probably make things easier on you. I would much rather do a few smaller projects then sell my soul to one larger one. I did that project, basically, on why Augustus Waters from The Fault in Our Stars was a modern day tragic hero because is hubris turned a bad situation into perpetual heartbreak and now I can't even enjoy that book anymore :(

So anyway, you said that you're into most genres. Do you have a favorite though? Fantasy, horror, sci fi?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back