Need help with a new plot

Well, it all depends. Was it you planning their death, or your NPCs? And just how much better than their expected capabilities were your NPCs?

:)

Well, seeing as one deathknight had 600 xp (he was custom made by a friend of mine) and he had a full Circle backing him, I can safely say they exceeded expected power levels.

That and the NPCs were planning their deaths. But one of my players got on my nerves very badly so I dumped more infantry into the fight.

We're threadjacking, and Murdoch has legitimate issues remaining.

Let's not scare him away.

Could be.

Is this because of some kind of Arcane link effect they made when they killed it the first time?

Or

Because the weapons were forged to be the bane of this particular beastie.

Or

Because the weapons are pure badassery?

I'm thinking the original Circle (the deathknights) are somehow linked to the Behemoth by destiny.  They had the weapons forged to kill the beasty, and yes they are bad ass (4 or 5 points each).  In theory the PCs could kill the behemoth with their own weapons, but they would be hard pressed to do so.  Getting ahold of the Circle's Behemoth slayers would make the job easier, although it would still be a epic struggle.

I believe they should be inside the complex.  Perhaps the Behemoth is on a lower level.  I'm trying to decide if the Amulet of Five Dragons opens the whole complex and removing the weapons is the trigger to waken the undead behemoth, or if the lock for the amulet will be inside of the tomb where the Circle is buried.

What do you guy think works better?

How about turning this on its head: rather than these keys being artifacts, but instead were behemoths themselves?  This would lead the players on a quest to each of the elemental poles, ala "Shadow of the Colossus" to slay 5 behemoths.  Slaying the behemoths would unlock the tomb / doodad etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back