Nature of Spirit Inter-breeding.

Gore17

Okay, I've read all the rules, and from the title you can guess what this is about, so I'll just put the questions out there.

Can a Demon mate with Gods and Elementals, and can Gods mate with Elementals and all that stuff with the possibility of children. If so, following the laws of inheritance from the Scroll of Heroes, would they be of the same type as they're parent, a normal God-Blooded(how would that work?) or something completely unique and/or unholy that defies the laws of Creation and is a outcast from both Creation and the Wyld?

Oh, and on a semi-related topic, is there a way for Lunar's to summon Third Circle Demons with Solar level sorcery, as I have some ideas about Rakshi doing some experiment in that...

Gore17 said:
Can a Demon mate with Gods and Elementals, and can Gods mate with Elementals and all that stuff with the possibility of children. If so, following the laws of inheritance from the Scroll of Heroes, would they be of the same type as they're parent, a normal God-Blooded(how would that work?) or something completely unique and/or unholy that defies the laws of Creation and is a outcast from both Creation and the Wyld?
Magical lineage is largely based on dilution from one or more greater sources into a less powerful receptacle. Mortals, as a fungible group, are sort of the lowest-on-the-totem-pole sluts of the magical genetic ho'down.
That is to say, the ability to produce half-breeds in the first place has more to do with the existence of mortal stock to be overwhelmed than the overwhelming power itself.

Oh, and on a semi-related topic, is there a way for Lunar's to summon Third Circle Demons with Solar level sorcery, as I have some ideas about Rakshi doing some experiment in that...
There's the Emerald Thurible, in the possession of Mnemon, which consumes blood sacrifice to bolster summoning and grants the owner access to sorcerous demon-summoning one step beyond their normal capacity. There's waiting for and/or arranging for the exact right circumstances that call a given demon into Creation, then bargaining with the demon or using some other power to bind them. If you really want, you could decide Raksi has simply, finally, broken the barrier and managed Solar Circle Sorcery, to whatever maddening degree that destroys her further.

Gore17 said:
Can a Demon mate with Gods and Elementals' date=' and can Gods mate with Elementals and all that stuff with the possibility of children. If so, following the laws of inheritance from the Scroll of Heroes, would they be of the same type as they're parent, a normal God-Blooded(how would that work?) or something completely unique and/or unholy that defies the laws of Creation and is a outcast from both Creation and the Wyld?[/quote']Magical lineage is largely based on dilution from one or more greater sources into a less powerful receptacle. Mortals, as a fungible group, are sort of the lowest-on-the-totem-pole sluts of the magical genetic ho'down.
Sooo, can a Demon breed with with a God and/or Elemental or not? That was the question, and your answer, while informative, is not the striaght out answer I was looking for. So yes, no, depends on the storyteller?
That is to say' date=' the ability to produce half-breeds in the first place has more to do with the existence of mortal stock to be overwhelmed than the overwhelming power itself.
Gore17 said:
There's the Emerald Thurible, in the possession of Mnemon, which consumes blood sacrifice to bolster summoning and grants the owner access to sorcerous demon-summoning one step beyond their normal capacity. There's waiting for and/or arranging for the exact right circumstances that call a given demon into Creation, then bargaining with the demon or using some other power to bind them. If you really want, you could decide Raksi has simply, finally, broken the barrier and managed Solar Circle Sorcery, to whatever maddening degree that destroys her further.
Actually, summoning the Demon was actually part of her actually achieving it, though not in becoming a Akuma.....

Gore17 said:
Sooo, can a Demon breed with with a God and/or Elemental or not? That was the question, and your answer, while informative, is not the striaght out answer I was looking for. So yes, no, depends on the storyteller?
"No," in my opinion. Nothing published states this.

Gore17 said:
Sooo' date=' can a Demon breed with with a God and/or Elemental or not? That was the question, and your answer, while informative, is not the striaght out answer I was looking for. So yes, no, depends on the storyteller?[/quote']"No," in my opinion. Nothing published states this.
Alright thanks for the answer, it was seriously bugging me due to how the rules are stated.

One of the powers of the Neomah is that they can assist in 'birthing' between individuals and species that can not conceive.

A neomah may even weave together bits of flesh from many different would-be parents to produce an offspring that has only the best traits of each of them

Gore17 said:
Okay, I've read all the rules, and from the title you can guess what this is about, so I'll just put the questions out there.

Demons don't reproduce by sexual means, at least among themselves. It's discussed quite thoroughly in CoCD: Malfeas. They can still knock up humans, but they usually find this out by accident.

Gods, on the other hand, do reproduce sexually, so if they bred with a demon, it might produce another god with an infernal taint of some sort. I don't think it would count as a demon, since it would have no place in the Descending Hierarchy. Same goes for Elementals.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back