• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern MxM RP // Catfish

econcetta

The Wretched and Divine
Hey there. With school out and some more time on my hands, I've been watching a lot of the TV show, Catfish. The show has given me an idea and I was hoping someone would like to tackle it with me.

Character A has a rare blood disorder that causes an abundance of bruises and rashes across his body. In addition to this, he's on heavy duty medicine that has caused him to gain weight. When his disorder worsens, he's forced to become bedridden and his self-esteem plummets. With no friends or energy to pick up a hobby, Character A spends a great deal of time online. He uses old pictures of him from before he fell ill and makes many Internet friends.

When he meets Character B, everything changes. Character B is a lifelong victim of bullying and bonds with Character A due to how they both understand what its like to be different. Character A tells Character B that he faced bullying too, but he never discloses any information about his illness. Every time Character B wants them to meet up, he makes up and excuse, fearing that if Character B saw him, he'd never talk to him again.

In the midst of his own boring life taking a toll on him and wanting to impress Character B, Character A finds himself lying over and over about who he is. All of his feelings are true, but the details of his life slowly shift to a fantasy Character A wishes he was living.

This causes tension between the two men, Character B suspects he's being lied to and Character A fears that he will lose him if he doesn't speak up.

Here's the twist. I thought it'd be interesting if we made emails for our characters and did the roleplay through their voices, so it'd actually be as though they are emailing back and forth to one another. Either we can do it entirely through their emails or maybe we can add in a mix of regular writing and emails. Regardless, I'd be open to brainstorming, whether that be for the platform or the plot.

Let me know if you're interested! I'd be fine with being A or B, so the choice is yours in that regard.

I haven't watched the show, and if you're okay with that, I'm interested in doing the RP with you. Would you be okay PMing me? Thank you.

This is such an amazing idea! Doing it through their voices and emailing would be so cool! I'd love to do this roleplay with you! Message me if you're interested!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back