• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy MvT: Magic vs Technology

Kylesar1 said:
Secret entrances into Ishrion. Everyone who wants to end the war and refugees are there. Some magic, some tech, and some magitech. Anyone in No-Man's Land gets shot immediately so it's underground and secret to avoid the wrath of both sides.
I'll get you in because one of my characters are free, the one in Ishrion
Ah, no I wasn't trying to get in, thank you though! I was curious about no-man's land, and whether it was neutral territory. My character hunts people, so I was wondering where I could do that without it becoming a large fiasco. I didn't want to do it in the capital city, at least not yet. Nor do I want to do it to the areas of the other sides, since Chase'd have to be hidden constantly when moving place to place. So yeah, just a place for an introduction, which I had planned to be in the middle of one of his jobs; I often use intros like these to show off his fighting style, abilities, and the such.

Last edited by a moderator:
@Kylesar1 would you be opposed to me having a char who uses magic via some kind of technological device and also has a advanced weapon?? (kinda like a CAD in Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei)

Shiro kurogane] [URL="https://www.rpnation.com/profile/10876-kylesar1/ said:
@Kylesar1[/URL] would you be opposed to me having a char who uses magic via some kind of technological device and also has a advanced weapon?? (kinda like a CAD in Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei)
It's tricky, so I need to see it first

BTW love that anime

hey everybody. here is my ieda on how we can expand Bellward. in my idea, Bellward consists of three levels.
Coruscant_03db43b4.jpeg

the fist level (Sky level) is where all the business and progress happens and where most of the wealth is made. its for the rich, intelligent, and talented. it consists of science facilities, factories, and luxury condos. the level is located high above the surface of the ground.
d59e97cb5fe933f8bfa2bbcc63b9f439.jpg

The second level (City level) is below the sky level, but still off the ground. this is where most of the people live and connect. its for small time inventors and engineers trying to use their skills to make a living. however, most of the level is used for residence, with Thousands of condos and apartment buildings. its the most populated level.
2293590-gallery_3.jpeg

The Third and final level (Underworld level) is at ground level. most of the criminal activity in Bellward happens here. it mostly consists of dirty slums, sewers, power stations, and alley ways. its the roughest part of Bellward, but also one of the most valuable. if your friends with the Bellward mafia and big crime bosses, you can make a lot of money. you can disappear and hide here, and no one would come looking for you. reputation is vital here, as it gives you respect and resources. this is where i come in. i live in a secret base, hidden in the slums. this is because i have connections with the big crime bosses and the Bellward mafia (my assets i mentioned). i have these connections because of my reputation and what ive done for them. this gives me their support, and access to their vast resources. (this is kind of my CS continued). give me some feedback and tell me if these ideas are good

btw, im starting a new ark in the rp where three mages (all siblings) attack each level of the city. one is a Fire mage
fire_mage_by_t_h_u_r_s-d6iismy.jpg

One is a Plasma mage

467634f639c2b6dff3f1b0f3addcba4f.jpg

and the other is a Frost mage

mage%20video%20games%20ice%20league%20of%20legends%20fantasy%20art%20frost%20janna%20staff%20splashes%201920x1080%20wallpaper_www.wall321.com_62.jpg

the fire mage attacks the Underworld level, the Plasma mage attacks the City level and the Frost mage attacks the Sky level. these mages are suppost to be more powerful mages and are the most powerful seen in the rp so far. they will not be killed or defeated easily (exept for the plasma mage. i took care of her). please express any of your thoughs about this ark i have created. i am currently making my way to the Underworld level, about to fight the Fire mage. feel free to join in if you like

[QUOTE="Akio Chikara]hey everybody. here is my ieda on how we can expand Bellward. in my idea, Bellward consists of three levels.
Coruscant_03db43b4.jpeg

the fist level (Sky level) is where all the business and progress happens and where most of the wealth is made. its for the rich, intelligent, and talented. it consists of science facilities, factories, and luxury condos. the level is located high above the surface of the ground.
d59e97cb5fe933f8bfa2bbcc63b9f439.jpg

The second level (City level) is below the sky level, but still off the ground. this is where most of the people live and connect. its for small time inventors and engineers trying to use their skills to make a living. however, most of the level is used for residence, with Thousands of condos and apartment buildings. its the most populated level.
2293590-gallery_3.jpeg

The Third and final level (Underworld level) is at ground level. most of the criminal activity in Bellward happens here. it mostly consists of dirty slums, sewers, power stations, and alley ways. its the roughest part of Bellward, but also one of the most valuable. if your friends with the Bellward mafia and big crime bosses, you can make a lot of money. you can disappear and hide here, and no one would come looking for you. reputation is vital here, as it gives you respect and resources. this is where i come in. i live in a secret base, hidden in the slums. this is because i have connections with the big crime bosses and the Bellward mafia (my assets i mentioned). i have these connections because of my reputation and what ive done for them. this gives me their support, and access to their vast resources. (this is kind of my CS continued). give me some feedback and tell me if these ideas are good

[/QUOTE]
A couple of problems here

1. This is a world where Technology matches the magic of the gods, pretty much point for point. Bellward is the capital. It's like a mage going into Toron where the queen is and trying to wreak havoc. They're not gonna be alive for very long. That's where the best of the best is
  2. There is NO place in industrial country where a mage is safe. As I said, technology matches the magic of the gods. The gov't will always be stronger than the big crime bosses, especially in a place where the powerstations and sewers are. If it's a place where officials won't go, that alone is a huge plot hole. They can't have an entire portion of the city a safe haven

[QUOTE="Akio Chikara]btw, im starting a new ark in the rp where three mages (all siblings) attack each level of the city. one is a Fire mage
fire_mage_by_t_h_u_r_s-d6iismy.jpg

One is a Plasma mage

467634f639c2b6dff3f1b0f3addcba4f.jpg

and the other is a Frost mage

mage%20video%20games%20ice%20league%20of%20legends%20fantasy%20art%20frost%20janna%20staff%20splashes%201920x1080%20wallpaper_www.wall321.com_62.jpg

the fire mage attacks the Underworld level, the Plasma mage attacks the City level and the Frost mage attacks the Sky level. these mages are suppost to be more powerful mages and are the most powerful seen in the rp so far. they will not be killed or defeated easily (exept for the plasma mage. i took care of her). please express any of your thoughs about this ark i have created. i am currently making my way to the Underworld level, about to fight the Fire mage. feel free to join in if you like

[/QUOTE]
As I said, these characters aren't gonna last that long. They're balls deep in enemy territory. Enemy territory that's strong in Anti-Magic with equipment that matches their magic. Their best bet is to cause as much damage as possible before they die. This is amplified 1,000x by the fact that your character alone took them out

Kylesar1 said:
A couple of problems here
  1. This is a world where Technology matches the magic of the gods, pretty much point for point. Bellward is the capital. It's like a mage going into Toron where the queen is and trying to wreak havoc. They're not gonna be alive for very long. That's where the best of the best is
  2. There is NO place in industrial country where a mage is safe. As I said, technology matches the magic of the gods. The gov't will always be stronger than the big crime bosses, especially in a place where the powerstations and sewers are. If it's a place where officials won't go, that alone is a huge plot hole. They can't have an entire portion of the city a safe haven

As I said, these characters aren't gonna last that long. They're balls deep in enemy territory. Enemy territory that's strong in Anti-Magic with equipment that matches their magic. Their best bet is to cause as much damage as possible before they die. This is amplified 1,000x by the fact that your character alone took them out
good points. let me clear somethings up an elaborate

1. the mage that i killed was the weakest of the three. and i might not have killed her, since mages like her can teleport, as seen with the fire mage in the rp. i also, if you read what i did in the rp, was at severely low power levels and almost died after the fight. and my character is pretty powerful, so it kinda make sense. however, the fights wont be so easy and ill most likely die if i were to go alone, especially with the frost mage.

2. these mages are much more powerful then regular mages. they were hand picked and trained to do this from birth, they knew what we had in store for them. they are at god level in their command of their elements. they cannot be killed easily and require mush more time and effort to beat. its like killing gods. the power difference between them them also varies. even though their at god level, some gods are more powerful than others. thats why i was able to kill the plasma mage so easily (even though i might bring her back later), but i wont be able to kill the fire mage by myself, and i could only dream of doing the same with the ice mage. the next fights will require team effort and time to defeat.

3. the underworld of Bellward is kind of like the underworld of coruscant in star wars. you can read about that here Coruscant underworld . its kind of like the slum and maintenance level of the city. and the crime bosses can be compared with the hutts in star wars, whitch are crime bosses living in a similar environment as our crime bosses. and since corusant is vary similar to the Sky level of Bellward, i thought this would make sense. and the mafia is everywhere, as it is in the real world. it survives

if you have any more questions, let me know and i can elaborate, explain and answer them

Coruscant underworld[/URL] . its kind of like the slum and maintenance level of the city. and the crime bosses can be compared with the huts in star wars also. and the mafia is everywhere, as it is in the real world

if you have any more questions, let me know and i can elaborate, explain and answer them
its just i though this would be cool for this rp, and it would give the tech side some awesome villains to defeat. it would also bring characters together in the rp, forming new friendships and giving all of us a one focal point for the rp. if your not happy with what i started, i can end it immediately, but please consider these for the rp

what do you guys think about the ark and expansion i have created? i know the GM thoughts and concerns, but i want to know yours as well

Users who are viewing this thread

Back