Moonlight in the Sun - checking for interest

Red Shadow Claws

Six Thousand Club
Silent Weaver, a respectable, yet very rarely seen Lunar, has come back to the Silver Pac after being gone for more than 200 years, bearing news of great import. Following a gathering of many of the Lunar Elders, they have called upon a few newly changed Lunars to go and work with Silent Weaver on a project.

Only once she has led you away did she sit down and tell you what is about to happen.

"I'm sure you've all heard from your mentors that I haven't been seen in a great while. In that time I have managed to cultivate some ties in Heaven, and have received indications that something momentous is about to happen. And I have enough worries of my own that I could use more eyes and ears to keep tabs on whatever it is that's happening. Your first task is very simple. Find a way to get on and stay aboard the Denzik city-ship, until we can figure out what is this event that is supposed to take place there."

This is to check interest in a Lunar game. The timeline is shortly before Thorns fell to the Mask of Winters. And while it will start in the Scavenger Lands, it will likely take you into many places in Creation.

So, who's in for a joy ride?

Awww and here I was determined to not join any more games. 3 denials in a row makes me question going for the 4th xD But darn it all. This sounds cool. I'm interested and I don't even have to work too hard. I've already got a Changing Moon Lunar that I'll throw into this one. xD

I can give you the entire background once I find it. Though I have to tailor it more to fit with a Lunar who actually answers the call to gather.

Changing Moon, Silveria Arc, the Sexy and playful problem maker/thief/spy/assassin only she calls it Troubleshooting. She takes jobs big and tall, though rarely does she take on exalts unless they deserve it. Most jobs entail unkidnapping/stealing items/things. She loves adventure, the thin edge of danger, and has a thing for being contrary. One could say she has no intrest in others and plenty in a plethora of vices. Though she does like a good amount of drink, a fair amount of play, and gambling, its all second to making mean people pay. She had an issue with her more manipulative mentor, who in away tricked her from being a part of the Thousand Rivers Streams project for her own devious reason (note... reasons that I've not actually thought of at all... yet...to leave for diabolical STs to abuse.)

She ascribes to stealth and agility over strength, and manipulation when such things are required.

Initially she had hard feelings against the Silver Pack due to their Thousand River Streams Project instead of taking the Realm for themselves and use an nearly intact infrastructure to which to protect Creation. (This is not necessary and in fact may have to change so that she does come back. She'll have to tune down her distrust of the pack or something to go with the desire to work with Silent Weaver's plans. Granted... the plan alone will drive her insatiable curiosity up the wall. xD )

Hooray!

I have a No Moon character knocking about inside my head who might be just who you're looking for. She was born in the North (in one of the Realm's slave-satrapies, in fact) but since her Exaltation she travels the seas and rivers of Creation - anywhere she can swim, really - seeking to understand freedom so she can return and bring it to her people. Her spirit shape is a killer whale, but she possesses a large library of swimming and flying forms. Her mentor is Fletcher, a gull-totem Lunar.

I did have a Full Moon hunter in mind, with the spirit shape of a raptor cat, cause raptor cats are awesome. He was a hunter from the jungles of the Southeast, and one day ventured too deep into the Wyld in search of prey. His desire and talent to survive the maddened realms attracted the attention of a Lunar Exaltation, and he became a peerless predator. After using his skill to steal the form of several creatures, he was discovered by the Silver Pact and stolen away from his town.

Interested here the main Lunar concept I've got fairly solidly is a Full Moon with something of a knight-errant flavour, wandering round and spreading Luna's worship, but I'm not sure how well that'll fit this game concept.

Curses!

Curse you SRC! there I thught I was nicely away from Lunars!!

Name: Silver Mantis

Concept: Sifu

Totem: praying mantis

Motivation: Protect the newly exalted Celestials

Raised in a monastry run by the Cult of the Illuminated.

This would work as a Full Moon or as a No Moon... mmmh... oO

Chargen rules? ^^

EDIT: Uh, yes, guess what style she uses? ^^

Actually, I don't suppose I could convince you to let me play a Dawn Caste, could I? Cause after watching the fight scenes from Hero recently, I have a yearning to play one. Though I can still play a Full Moon, cause raptor cats are awesome.

No Solars for this game, sorry.

Ok, looks like there is enough interest in this. I will get some more info written, and get the submissions rolling within the next day or two. And we'll be using the alternate chargen.

As or Mantis style. Please read this rewrite, as we'll be using it most likely.

Great rewrite of Grasping Claw Method, but the rest seems quite a nerf. =(

I'll review my concept, and hopefully post soon. ^^

Expressing interest here as well. I just recently got a concept while trying to look for a picture fitting for another concept. :P Would likely be either a Full or Changing Moon.

I've got an idea for a No Moon shaman from Halta. Cat totem, with a profound love of the mystical and the spirit world.

As stated above, we'll be using alternate chargen rules.

Those selected to play might also get some small amount of XP to begin with, to show that you have managed to learn a thing or two before you volunteered/were volunteered for this mission, but your character proposal need only be a basic chargen.

The game will begin in the Scavenger Lands, and will be set before Thorns was taken out by the Mask of Winters. The disappearance of the Empress isn't widely known beyond the Realm at this time.

I'll probably take 5 players for this game, and am predisposed more towards Changing Moon and No Moon, as those are the ones Silent Weaver are more interested in. There is a spot for one Full Moon, so don't be afraid to stat one, just be aware that it's only 1 slot for such a Lunar.

Silent Weaver will be available at times as a mentor for Charms and such, but not for any combat Charms. She is loath to enter combat, even though she is formidable at it, and sees no reason to encourage the usual Lunar disposition to learn such Charms.

She is also a Changing Moon, with a spider totem, and while she hasn't been active much within the Silver Pact, even the Elders seem to pay attention to her when she speaks, though none of you have any idea what it was she said to them when they assembled your characters to aid her.

Sorry if this seems a bit disjoined, am trying to write enough to make it enticing, without giving away too much info.

Oh, yes, let's go for the Full Moon.

I just wrote down the first part of the background.

The second horrible wall of text will be about his motivation, in the same scene.

Initially I wanted a female character, then I decided male was better.

He has some infatuation, not reciprocated, for his mentor, Howling Red.

Howling Red (totem: coyote) is the one who tattooed him; she's proud of him, and she's eager to give him the opportunity to prove himself.

I added a dot to the Razor Claws Tattoo to allow the tattoo to be easily covered with gloves (ie: the tattoo covers only the hand above the wrist and will not cut through the glove).

Let me know if this is ok.

Still have to find a decent name.

Name: ????

Concept: Visionary sifu

Motivation: Protect the young Celestials

Caste: Full Moon

Totem: Wolf spider

Tell: Eyes with black cornea (iris is normal)

Flaw: Curse of the Mother Hen

INTIMACIES

+Martial arts

+Lesser creatures (respect)

+Howling Red (gratitude, respect)

+Howling Red (physical attraction)

-Elders (mistrust)

-Abyssals (hatred)

-Monks (loathe)

My mother died giving birth to me.

My father, a soldier, died two years later, fighting for the Realm on the Yanaze.

Sometimes I try to imagine their faces, their voices... Did they have dreams?

But I guess all this is irrelevant, now.

As the orphaned child of a soldier, I was sent to a small monastry in the Threshold, a few miles from Varsi, to learn discipline and martial arts.

But what I learned there instead were the abuses, the humiliation, the beatings.

The savagery and the self-righteousness of the monks were my very early cradle.

Since I could walk, since I can remember in fact, the Abbot used me as his sexual toy.

I spent one night, soaked in my own blood, counting the pieces of my teeth on the floor, numbed by the pain.

Even if the monastry had some sort of duty towards me, I was always considered worthless and expendable, a nuisance and nothing more; eventually, I was barred from learning the Paths.

In those years, many feelings followed each other through me.

Fear, anger, frustration... revenge...

And then hope, excitement.

That was once I realized that, after a life spent within the four walls of the monastry, I actually had the option to escape.

What was there outside?

My legs were shaking just thinking about that.

At that time I thought that 'outside' was all made of streets and woods, and it felt dangerous anyway.

I prepared my escape.

But things didn't go as expected.

They came during the morning practice.

The memory is still stuck in my head.

The Abbot, in the middle of the court, supervisioning the training.

Then, all of the sudden, three darts, black like the night... No.

More black than the night, out of nowhere, struck the Abbot, that fell face down without a sound.

Before we could realize what was happening, more arrows fell, slaying the other two of noble Dragon Blood.

That was the point where the zombies and the ghosts came for us.

They were thousands, and had already surrounded the monastry.

So I started running away.

I continued running when the claws of the zombies had torn my flesh, and I continued when I saw them taking the other students... To hell with them.

I didn't survive all this long, I didn't plan my escape only to get killed now....

I knew only one thing, the only possible thing, the only thing that made sense at that moment.

I was going to live.

The young man bows slightly to the other Lunars.

Luna choose me at that moment.

I am sure all of you venerable elders still remember clearly how the Second Breath feels.

He waits for the muttering to die, then bows again and continues.

Thank you for your polite ears.

ATTRIBUTES
F Strength oooo
F Dexterity ooooo
F Stamina ooo

Charisma ooo
Manipulation oo
F Appearance ooo

Perception ooo
Intelligence ooo
Wits oooo

ABILITIES
Archery
F Martial Arts ooooo Claws oo 3 BP
Melee
Thrown o
War o

Integrity o
Performance
Presence o
Resistance ooo
F Survival ooo

Craft
Investigation ooo
Lore o
Medicine o
Occult o

Athletics ooo
Awareness o
Dodge ooo
Larceny o
Stealth o

Burocracy
Linguistics o
Ride
Sail
Socialize o

VIRTUES, WILLPOWER, ESSENCE 12 BP
Compassion ooo
Convinction o
Temperance ooo
Valor oo

Willpower ooooo o

Essence ooo

BACKGROUNDS
Tattoo ooo Emblem of the Dragon (razor claws, incospicuous)
Mentor oo Howling Red
Backing o Silver Pact
Heart's Blood o (Dragonfly, Albatross, Squilla Mantis)

KNACKS
Deadly Beastman Transformation
Humble Mouse Shape
Emerald Grasshopper Form

CHARMS
Flowing Water Defense 1 DB:207
Rippling Water Strike 2
Drowning In Blood Tech 4
Shrugging WD Escape 3
Water Dragon Form 5
Dex III 1x
Relentless Lunar Fury 1+W L:158

WARFORM
4 Wall Walking
2 Gazelle's Pace

Code:

kk. I'll get my chara up tomorrowish. ^^ Its been recklessly busy these last few days ... curse the start of a week.

Here is my attempt/application ^^

Name Silveria Arc (Cathak Mina)

Exalt Type and Caste Lunar Changing Moon

Spirit Shape Black Giant Anaconda

Tell The sound of scales rubbing against the ground as she walks, the feel of scales when touching/brushing against her bare skin.

Anima In a sweet scented spring field of moonlight, grass, and flowers a Moonsilver blade stands stuck in the ground, a large slightly hypnotic snake wraps around it as she hits iconic.

Motivation To learn how to best protect all of Creation without destroying much that is already there.

Attributes

Physical

â—Strength â—â—

Dexterity â—â—â—â—â—

Stamina â—â—â—

Social

Charisma â—â—

â—Manipulation â—â—â—â—â—

â—Appearance â—â—â—â—â—

Mental

Perception â—â—â—

Intelligence â—â—

â—Wits â—â—â—â—

Abilities

Archery

Athletics â—â—â—â—

Awareness â—â—

Dodge â—â—â—â—

Integrity â—

Martial Arts â—â—

Melee â—â—â—â—

Resistance â—

Thrown

War

Craft

Larceny â—â—â— +2 with IRA for Disguise

Linguistics â—â— (Native: High Realm | Learned: Riverspeak, Firetongue)

Performance â—â—â—

Presence â—â—

Ride

Sail

Socialize

â—Stealth â—â—â— +2 with IRA

â—Survival â—â—

Bureaucracy

Investigation â—â—

Lore â—

Medicine

Occult

Backgrounds

Artifact â—â—â— (Infinite Resplendent Amulet [Moonsilver])- Gained during her Trials where she acquired her weapon, this item grants her protection as well a wide assortment of outfits. It also adds +2 to Stealth and +2 to Larceny created disguises)- (DotFA: Lords of Creation pg 97)

Artifact â—â— (Moonsilver Daiklave -Silver Arc-)- Little is known about the weapon, only that in the First Age a Lunar by the name of Telseria Arc had the weapon. Likely however it existed even in the Primordial War where the first Lunar to wield it took the name Arc.

Resources â—â— (She works for people, anyone who can afford her eccentric fee. Some don't pay while others pay a lot. So far it has worked for her, but then she hasn't actually thought to pilfer anything from the Realm itself.)

Heart's Blood â— (A female trader of southern Spices "Alaine Surta", A Red Tailed Hawk, Large Southern Scorpion)

Mentor â—â— (Silent Weaver)

Merits

None

Flaws

None

Artifacts and Equipment

Silver Arc (Moonsilver Daiklave) -S:5 A:14 D:8L PDV:7 R:3-

Infinite Resplendent Amulet (Moonsilver)

3 Knives

Thieving tools (lock picks and such)

Charms

[Appearance]

2nd Appearance Excellency

Hide of the Cunning Hunter | 2m Reflexive/Indefinite | Lunars pg 176

[Dexterity]

2nd Dexterity Excellency

[Manipulation]

2nd Manipulation Excellency

[Wits]

2nd Wits Excellency

The Spider’s Trap Door | 4m Supplemental/Instant | Lunars pg 190

Thieving Magpie Prana | 3m Simple/Instant | Lunars pg 191

Knacks

Prey's Skin Disguise | Luanrs pg 131

Subtle Silver Declaration | 1m | Lunars pg 136

Towering Beast Form | Lunars pg 131

Join Combat: 6

Defenses

Dodge DV 6

Parry DV 7

Soak: 8B/6L/5A (No Hardness)

Health

-0 [ ]

-1 [ ][ ]

-2 [ ][ ]

-4 [ ]

-X [ ]

Mental Defenses

Dodge MDV 4

MPDVs Investigation 2/4 | Performance 3/4 | Presence 2/4

Virtues

Compassion â—â—

Conviction â—â—

Temperance â—â—â— (Primary)

Valor â—â—

Virtue Flaw

Curse of the Drunken Monkey (Temperance)

(Lunars pg 123)

Intimacies

Freedom (Enjoyment)

Silent Weaver (Respect)

Willpower: 5 of 5

Essence

Permanent: â—â—

Personal: 12/12

Peripheral: 18/30 (12 Committed)

5 For Silver Arc, 5 for Infinite Resplendent Amulet, 2 Hide of the Cunning Hunter

Bonus Points

03 Wits â—â— > â—â—â—

02 Athletics â—â—â— > â—â—â—â—

02 Dodge â—â—â— > â—â—â—â—

02 Larceny â— > â—â—â—

02 Mentor 0 > â—â—

02 Melee â—â—â— > â—â—â—â—

01 Performance â—â— > â—â—â—

01 Resources â— > â—â—

Experience Points

Silveria Arc is a tall woman with light mocha skin and long jet black hair. Her shapely buxom form is only slightly covered, she outfit usually consists of a black or blue adorned bra, and blue or black loose skirts. The skirts are held to her waist by way of a set of thin silvery metal bands. A set of black boots adorn her slender feet. Bright blue eyes glitter mischievously upon a pretty and slender face, an equally mischievous smile joins them. Various bracelets, armlets and anklet’s adorn her, while a ruby set diadem sits on her forehead. Her tattoos run in sharp yet sleek lines across her legs arms and abdomen, no line ever intersects or touches another and expertly wrap and run along her curvaceous form, cupping her breasts and buttocks. None of the tattoo lines seem to go beyond the middle of her breasts.

http://emeraldcreativity.pbworks.com/f/mayna2.jpg

Silveria, despite her young life, is quite a happy and mischievous person. She is highly affectionate, gravitating towards people who catches her eye and capricious heart. Still she is not cruel or mean. Unless of course she is hunting a person or animal and even then she coldly dispatches her targets quickly. Though most rarely see this side of her, during combat she is chatty if not provoking.

I was born along the eastern shores of the Blessed Isle, in a decent village in the Scarlet Province. Then I was named Cathak Mina, a child of a patrician who ran the merchant systems in this corner of the province. We were a strong family, though our rate of Dragon Blooded exaltations was quite, disgracefully low. I was the youngest child as well, my brother Cathak Eldran and my sister Cathak Nonami were older and more experienced with many things. Their prospects in the family were quite assured, in fact for years it was said that Nonami would be married to someone in the Great House, most of us paid it little mind.

I grew up along the gentle land and sea, cherry blossom trees, flowers, and lotus were the plants that I grew acquainted with. My young days were spent amongst these, and of course those days were not to last. I was soon trained to be an advisor as well as defend my chosen husband should the case arise. Mother made sure of this while father ran the business. For years I learned bearing, and other courtly things among sword skill and other means of defense. It was an okay life, and every so often it would improve just a bit. The Empress was a woman, a powerful woman who kept everyone safe. I admired her like no one else, or at least I hoped, I wanted to be like her. Still I felt nothing could go wrong with her on the throne.

And yet all sorts of things went wrong ten years ago. I was just turning thirteen when my peaceful life was torn asunder. Nonami was getting married in a few days and she was sent away to the main house, the rest of us were happy for her and wished her well. It was the second night after her departure when it happened. I had been sleeping fitfully, the moon shining through my window, while a tense thick feeling filled the warm air. And then cries filled the other end of the house. I sat up frightened and quickly came to my feet just as a shadowed figure appeared at my window. With a scream the figure flinches and strikes towards me. My brother must of heard the cry as he flung the door open as I threw myself to the side. There was a moment of swords striking each other then a cry of pain. I looked up to see the shadow gone and my brother holding gingerly one of his shoulders. He turned to me and smiled gently. “Come,†he told me with a hand outstretched and I took it. We fled the house and behind us we heard the shouts of men. Confused and frightened I held tightly to my brother as he ran inland. Before long I realized that he was bleeding and his grip was weakening on my hand. After a moment he stops and looks to me. He told me to run, to hide myself away from here and not come back. It took a moment and a second shout and I ran. I hated myself for this, I was trained to defend and here I was hiding myself away from would be attackers. As I got further away I slowed until I heard a cry, my brother’s cry. I closed my eyes for a moment and bolted further away.

It was the next morning, I was dirtied, and my clothes were torn. Tired and my eyes red with crying I crawled out from my hiding place in the bushes and made my numb way back to the house. The house was gone, burned to the ground, of my brother and my parents there was no sign. Distraught I fell to my knees and sat there too stunned to move, to sadden to consider my options of survival. It was midday when I was found. A handsome man in red jade armor approached me with a frown on his face, and he cupped my chin in his broad strong hand. After checking me over he decided to take me home. Taking my by the hand he pulled me to my feet and took me away. I would forever miss the Cherry Blossoms.

I found myself a servant to a house of Ledaal. Continuously reminded of my fortune I worked to please my masters. I hated this life, controlled, enslaved, even if it was survival granted by the so called friendliness of the Ledaal Household. I didn’t do much work for sure. I was prettied up and maintained in such a likeness, they were happy to just have a girl that would draw away the attentions of their acquaintances. I cursed the gods at this time, everything with power that could make life better for everyone allowed others to abuse the weaker people. I cursed them a lot! And finally in desperation to be more than a beautiful face, to be leered at, to be an object to eventually be placed on a bed of silk sheets and ravaged, I fled. I managed my way, and stowed away on a ship for Nexus, no one knew I was even on the ship, though for a time I thought I would certainly starve.

Life got worse for me, I strove hard to survive. I evaded every possible fate that could befall a young girl of my age. I was fourteen, then. Living off of what I could find. I soon was finding my strength waning as hunger sought to destroy me. It was then that I was found, by some rough looking men and I nearly succumbed to a fate I sought to avoid. Weakened from hunger, despairing and fearful of dying in such a fashion I almost gave myself to them. But then a strange thing happened, a cat, a common urban wild cat leapt from the shadows and placed itself between us. It faced my would be captors and held them with its green eyes. I looked at them both, worried at what was happening. I just wanted to live, I wanted to so very badly. The men were stunned unmoving, eyes wide, then the cat leapt at them swiping from them their money pouches and dropping them before me. For a bit I regarded the pouches but the moment was quick and the desire to survive forced my actions. I took the pouches and fled. I raced into the streets of Nexus and made good my escape. Behind me the cat followed, and lost were a bunch of angry men. I survived on these coins for a time, and when they began to decline I took it upon myself to get more. I had to steal to survive and I did so.

It was a rough start. I was nearly caught several times, but as each day came and went, and each month passed I grew better and more skilled at it. I only stole what I needed nothing more, though every so often difficulty brought a more cruel aspect to my life. Sometimes I would have to kill to steal, and when faced with such a problem I did. It was painful to push back my sympathy and feelings for others, I held no hate towards these people. For four years I survived in the streets of Nexus, I wasn’t well liked, I was getting to be well known, and it was getting harder. Many other groups wanted to be rid of me. But that was fine. I had now a small cache of funds. I would leave Nexus for a time.

I went East late one Descending Fire, further away from civilization than perhaps I should have. I left behind Nexus and everything there, even that cat that had saved me had disappeared. My new outlook on life kept me from dying in the wild, and before long after avoiding and sometimes having for dinner, large snakes and other critters that sometimes thought me better in their tummies, I came upon a village.

I was a little happy to see some form of civilization, primitive or otherwise and raced to towards it, but no sooner did I get there than did I see a group of men attacking the village. Already I could see young women being carried off to someplace nearby. I really am not sure what came over me, but seeing a place being destroyed, family and friends being separated and removed from each other forcibly, seeing homes burn, I grew furiously angry and entered the village with one thought in mind. To make these people pay. Slinking from shadow to shadow I found their leader, a powerful looking man with pieces of armor hanging on him in a strange piecemeal way. With sword in hand I lunged at his back intent to slay him in one go, but he was quite aware of me and turned and grabbed my threatening wrist, plucking me easily from the air. Holding me by one arm I struggled to escape him and brought me to eye level with him. A few lewd comments and threats later I changed weapon hands and sliced it at him, cutting a nice gash across his face. With one of his eyes cut, a face bleeding profusely, I managed to bound away a few feet but then the worse came. He was strong and brutal and even my agility wasn’t enough to keep me from being forced to the ground.

I stared up at him in defiance, his men watched in glee, he stood over me with a broad sword ready to impale me. And then I saw that cat again, it leapt on me and sat staring not at the oncoming death that would take us both, but at me with mischievous knowing eyes. It was then that I noticed it, a ray of moonlight gleaming on my face and I gasped as power and strange emotions flooded into me, visions and strange and wondrous things flitted by in just a mere heartbeat and for a moment time seemed to slowed and I rolled away from the attack, an attack that seemed slow, held protectively in my arms the cat remained silent. Quickly I placed the cat on the leaf strewn ground and struck at the large man. My sword, my body, was like a snake, striking in quick sharp and potentially deadly strikes. A piece of armor fell there, another followed and soon the man was there, covered in cuts and bleeding his weapon trembling in his hands. Coldly I ended him, I leapt at him, landing on his chest and driving the weapon through his chest. He fell and twitched there on the ground while my sword covered in spurting blood was held in his chest, covered in his blood I stood from my feral like crouch and look with a flat stare at the other slavers and raiders. They bolted, but I was far from done. I chased them to the cages and wagons that they had been planning to use to take the captured villagers and with brutal skill I slew another man before the slavers and raiders gave up and fled the forest. I freed relieved villagers and then slipped away.

It was the next morning near a river where I had retreated too. I had cleaned my body and hair, and treated my own cuts, when the cat arrived watching me. I glanced at the feline and then smiled. We had been together it seemed forever. When the cat changed form into a woman, a seductive beautiful woman. She told me her name was Silent Weaver and that I was a Lunar, and my life was now irrevocably changed. So... what else was new?

Well learning that was the least of my concern, there was dangers by not following Lunar Traditions and so I came with her to a very far and remote place. I was trained and I learned for a few years their ways, and in the end I was set upon my Trials.

Lunar Trials are pretty strange, go and do them, I’ll be watching is how Silent Weaver, a Changing Moon Lunar told me. She also told me that someone would approach me to get me tattooed if I succeeded. Then I would have to return. So I did. I left her distant home, I wandered the forest and found to my surprise a pair of warlords at the edge of it. And not any warlords, a Rival set. Oh this was going to be interestingly hard. But it wasn’t so hard. I snuck into one of the camps at night after observing the other, I promised the one an advantage over the other. It didn’t take long for me to play both sides against the other, not even much time before I became the favorite of one of them, and then in with a mischievous smile, I turned their men against them killing them. With both groups of men united to my desire I sent them off under a proxy to protect the lands near the forests. Watching it work so smoothly brought to me a sense of power and joy, if I could do this to two small armies, then what could I do with nations! It was during the aftermath that I located in the cache of weapons and armor, a weapon and a small trinket among others that seemed to call to me.

The weapon was a Moonsilver Daiklave, once I touched my hand to it a flash of memories or visions stormed me and I nearly staggered back, but I knew then that the weapon had chosen me. In the visions I saw a very pretty woman fighting a behemoth creature of some kind, resplendent with her weapon the woman slew it, she stood beside a man glowing with soft warm golden light who was dispatching another powerful looking creature of nightmares, I could feel their love and trust. And he spoke in it. He called her Triceria Arc. Once the visions were over and I could once again think clearly I started my return to Silent Weaver but was intercepted by another Lunar who took me to a remote place. I was tattooed soon after, a Changing Moon Caste Lunar and my Caste mark finally stabilized. Finally I was a member of the Silver Pack. Still after the Ritual I declared to them my new name. For now till my death I would be known as Silveria Arc.

Some of the younger Lunars were quite jealous. I was under the tutelage of Silent Weaver, a rather reclusive Lunar. One who had steered clear of the Silver Pact for countless Years. She was a respected member of the Lunars though and no Elder would do anything to provoke her. But I was her student, and she taught me, working on my skills to manipulate and control places. Silent Weaver though certainly had her opinions on things. Granted you actually have to listen. Still I noted two things, she had a problem with the Silver Pact and she had a problem with something else. I would not know about this last item until much later. Silent Weaver trained me, she gave me the least amount of information one might think a Lunar needs and sent me out. I was for a time, her eyes and ears.

I returned to her some years later and found her in a heated conversation with another older Lunar. In the end as I approached the strange Lunar turned to me and smiles. He told me that I would make a perfect member of the Thousand River Streams Experiment, that I had all the qualities likely any experiment that I ran would succeed. He was quite eager to see me try. I on the other hand didn’t like this idea. Silent Weaver watched and then after a bit a smile touched her lips. She then told me to do this, it would make my skills grow, give me plenty of life experiences. After all I was part of the Silver Pact, I can’t refuse this.

What of the Realm, I asked them. My former beloved home! Why not take that which is currently empty. I had just learned that the Empress had not been seen in a few weeks, it would be a perfect opportunity to take the Realm and control it from there! It would make a grand Experiment assuredly. But it was refused with no other reason other than it should be left to crumble. Silent Weaver added to it, a new place would benefit me more, success was due in part to what the Lunar can do with it. The Realm was too remote, no help can be sent in case it turns against the Lunar. I shook my head, angry and glared at them. If it was because I was part of the Pact that I was to do this, then I would remove myself from the pact entirely! Abandon all that was within, but protect all that was without. What kind of crazy insanity was that? The Core holds it all together… doesn’t it? Still I stormed off and the Elder sent harsh words after me. But Silent Weaver’s look was one of pride and a smirk touched her lips. To this day I’m sure she did this on purpose. But… I honestly have not been happier.

For the time being I have employed myself in the East. The River Province is full of people and full of problems. With the Guild around there is no end of things that I can’t get my nose in. From rescuing the kidnapped, freeing wrongfully taken slaves, from misdirecting forces intent on harming a village, to infiltrating a regional Realm or Lookshian officials place to spy or steal, this is what I do. The pay is erratic, some pay extremely over what would be normal while others pay none at all. It’s all in what I am hired to do and whether I’ll enjoy it or not.

Rather… that is what I would have thought. I was enjoying myself in a room alone, drinking to my heart’s content after having accomplished a lucrative job of stealing another's person's secrets for my client, when a mouse entered my room regarded me for a moment, then turned into a woman. It had been almost a year since my departure from the Pact. And here was another Lunar. The Lunar gave me the most disapproving look but relayed a message that Silent Weaver was calling her specifically. I regarded the Lunar for a moment who took the time to tell me her opinion on decadant living. It has been slow lately, I realized, some people in Thorns were quite the persistent type, going so far as forcing me to having to keep my stolen human form. It would be fun to meet Silent Weaver again, she always had a task or two that made my heart race. So I stand up curtsey the Lunar and surprise her into silence. I tell her she can have the room for a bit, the wine was nice, and the food was lovely, and then I change my form into a beautiful hawk and fly away through the open window. As I fly I wonder what it is that Silent Weaver wants.

Background:
In the Northern satrapy of Dehenna, only a few thousand inhabitants are free. Within their number, a few dozen free and exceptionally wealthy citizens own the rest of the population. Slaves work the fields and toil in the mines. More than that, though, all the scribes and clerks, merchants, artisans and managers are slaves too. They receive other rewards and privileges. They can own other slaves and property. They can earn money. They can even become wealthy. Yet, they are not in any way free.

When the skeletal ship came out of the fog, most of the people on the waterfront fled screaming or stood staring blankly at the corpse-pale pirates who came rushing to cut them down with axes stained by frozen blood. Dorissa, the plump, seemingly placid daughter of a clerk in the service of House Ledaal, did not. Instead, she lured two of the pirates away from her sister and brother, giving her younger siblings time to escape. When the pirates realized they had been tricked, they tried to drown “the fat cowâ€. They were surprised, to put it mildly, when she suddenly glowed with dark blue light and transformed into a killer whale. It was the last thing they were ever surprised by.

In the aftermath, the whale surfaced once, gazing sadly at her stunned friends and family, who had gathered at the dock. But as the hissing whispers of “Anathema!†began, she turned and swam away in the direction of the Western Ocean, vanishing quickly from sight.

Character Sheet:

Motivation:[/b] Discover the meaning of freedom and teach it to others

Caste: No Moon

Anima Banner: A dorsal fin jigs slowly across deep blue water

Spirit Shape: Orca

Tell: Shadows over her eyes

Attributes: Strength 3/4, Dexterity 3/4, Stamina 4/5; Charisma 3, Manipulation 3, Appearance 2; Perception 4, Intelligence 4, Wits 4

Virtues: Compassion 3, Conviction 2, Temperance 3, Valor 2

Virtue Flaw: Curse of the Humble Sloth

Abilities: Athletics 1, Awareness 3, Bureaucracy 3, Craft: Air 3, Dodge 1, Integrity 3, Investigation 2, Linguistics 3 (Native: Skytongue; Others: High Realm, Rivertongue, Seatongue), Martial Arts 1, Lore 3, Occult 1, Resistance 1, Sail 2, Socialize 1, Survival 2

Backgrounds: Heart’s Blood 3, Mentor 3, Solar Bond 1

Knacks: Towering Beast Form, Hybrid Body Rearrangement (Bio-luminescence, Limited Gliding, Mouth Tentacles, Gills, Shark Sight), Deadly Beastman Transformation (Air Adaptation, Fangs, Sonar, Water Adaptation, Thick Skin)

Charms --

Excellencies: Charisma (2nd), Perception (1st)

Charisma: Dog-Tongue Method

Perception: Eye of the Cat, Sense-Borrowing Method

Stamina: Hide-Toughening Essence, Ox-Body Technique

Join Battle: 6

Attacks (Human) --

Punch: Speed 5, Accuracy 5, Damage 3B, Defense 6, Rate 3

Kick: Speed 5, Accuracy 4, Damage 6B, Defense 2, Rate 2

Clinch: Speed 6, Accuracy 4, Damage 3B, Defense - , Rate 1

Attacks (Whalewoman) --

Bite: Speed 5, Accuracy 5, Damage 4L, Defense - , Rate 1

Punch: Speed 5, Accuracy 6, Damage 4B, Defense 7, Rate 3

Kick: Speed 5, Accuracy 5, Damage 7B, Defense 3, Rate 2