• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Mitheral

"Growf!"
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Mongo

While heavily inspired by the Flash Gordon comics and movies, this setting will be original. Our characters will be original. Yes, there will be an Emperor, but his will be Rhand … Rhand the Ruthless.

Mongo
This Mongo is a ringworld. The link is to a fandom site of the ringworld in the book series by Larry Niven. They will suffice for the sake of this RP.

Like the fictional planet of the comics, Mongo is inhabited by a wide variety of races. These races are always at odds with one another, bickering and feuding. Some curry favor with the Emperor. Some do not.

Some superscience will exist on Mongo. Can’t have a flying city without control of gravity. Neither could one generate an artificial wormhole. And considering that this Mongo is a ringworld, that is an engineering feat far beyond anything Earth is capable of.

Plot
Forces from Mongo will arrive in the year 2025 through a wormhole located beyond the orbit of the moon. Their arrival is heralded by fluctuations in gravity, geomagnetic storms, etc.

Okay … not exactly realistic, but somehow I want to send a group of characters to Mongo - one of them being your character. (See Characters)

Once there the group will likely be captured and brought to Rhand.

If we include missions from nations like the USA, Russia, China, etc, oboy. Then we start talking about diplomacy. Or maybe they will be treated as spies. Or maybe the Emperor lay claim to Earth as his to rule. Hmmm…

Here’s an idea. I could have Rhand send ships to Earth to demand the unconditional surrender of every nation. You are part of a group that hijacks one of his superscience ships and flies it back to Mongo. I kinda like that idea. It would require the right group too. Someone smart enough to make enough sense of the ship to override it. (Of course, the ship could also be cooperating and effectively kidnapping them. I REALLY like that idea too.)

Characters
I DO intend to run the Emperor. He will NOT be anything like Ming. Rhand is supposedly immortal and appears quite handsome. This one also has no daughter. But I may arrange a marriage.

As the story is a little on the epic side - after all it will have you face to face with the emperor, treated as spies by many, pawns to be used or traded by others, your character should have at least the potential for being a main character in a heroic story.

Alternative version of this uses the original emperor, Ming like, with you playing the part of his daughter. My character is the one who makes his way to Mongo and ends up catching the eye of the Princess. I kinda like this one too. An alternative method of getting to Mongo would be in a ship of his own design, much as Zarkov made.

Posting
3rd Person, past tense
I am looking for posts of at least 3 decent paragraphs. Normally I go for a page+, but I am going to relax this requirement a bit. Quality over quantity.
We will use two PM threads - one for OOC, one for IC.

Contact me via PM. Let me know which version you prefer. (Ming and his daughter look completely human.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back