• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy [Modern/Dark Humor/Fantasy] Dead End

Vinipote

Two heads are better than one
You've just received an email.

Send New Email
New Email Received
xjjssn77nn@hotmail.com

Your applica tion is in pro cess.

Your application is in proc ess.

What application?

A day later, you receive another email.

Send New Email
New Email Received
xjjssn77nn@hotmail.com

;;Your app plication has been accepte d

Your applcation ha s be en accepted

Fifteen minutes later, another email.

Send New Email
New Email Received
xjjssn77nn@hotmail.com

WELCOME PACKAGE

The message field is blank. When you blink, there's a red flash, and a rapid flicker of images. You open your eyes, and they're gone. Your imagination? They went by too quickly to identify, all you know is you're left with a sense of unease.

An hour passes, and your head begins to throb. When you close your eyes, the same sensation of flickering images plagues you. They're growing increasingly vibrant, you can recognize dim figures, flashes of eyes, teeth, viscera. It is a little unappetizing.

That night, you receive an email.

Send New Email
New Email Received
xjjssn77nn@hotmail.com

SIT DOWN

SIT DOWN

Whether you heed the email's advice or not, your fingertips start to feel cold. A tingling numbness spreads up your arms, overwhelming your body faster than you can properly react to. Frigid darkness blots the light from your eyes, and you fall unconscious.

You awake exactly 12 hours later. A chill permeates your body, as if icewater fills your stomach.

You have a message waiting for you on your phone.

RESTRICTED
them
777 DOGWOOD CT. #203
them
DRINK SOME ORANGE JUICE.

It's only ten minutes away. Maybe you should go.

Dead End: You are newly employed by dark, otherworldly forces. Your boss is Mr. Death. Your task is to maintain the balance between life and death, to monitor the border between this and the underworld, and to file the appropriate paperwork.

This is very intriguing! Would you want to PM and talk plot and characters (etc.)?

Intriguing, but I wouldn't've opened any of those emails or checked any of my emails frequently enough for that to have worked... My suspension of disbelief is broken. =/

EDIT: My husband tells me that might be taken as trolling. I'm not attempting to troll. It is honestly interesting, but my suspension of disbelief was instantly broken by the idea of opening emails sent by someone I wouldn't know. Putting myself in the place of characters gives the same results. Perhaps there's more I'm not getting.

What's the aim of this RP?

Last edited by a moderator:
Vinipote said:
Sure, shoot me a PM.
I can't since I am a "new member" :( I am not really new to the site but i lost my old profile so i had to start this one.

folclor said:
Intriguing, but I wouldn't've opened any of those emails or checked any of my emails frequently enough for that to have worked... My suspension of disbelief is broken. =/
EDIT: My husband tells me that might be taken as trolling. I'm not attempting to troll. It is honestly interesting, but my suspension of disbelief was instantly broken by the idea of opening emails sent by someone I wouldn't know. Putting myself in the place of characters gives the same results. Perhaps there's more I'm not getting.

What's the aim of this RP?
I get email notifications that includes the first couple of lines of content, without having to open them.

The aim of the RP is to do some humorous/horror storytelling, as well as character development.

folclor said:
Oh, interesting! I'm definitely interested, then!
Thanks! You could definitely have your character exercise caution (not falling for the horror movie tropes) but still get roped in to it.

Ich habe interesse.

Can I play an ever immortal cursed pirate? Or can I play an ever immortal cursed nazi?

[QUOTE="Christopher Pyne MP]Ich habe interesse.
Can I play an ever immortal cursed pirate? Or can I play an ever immortal cursed nazi?

[/QUOTE]
You could be a cursed pirate. You'd be an antagonist. And he/she'd have to figure out a way to blend in with modern society or risk getting thrown in jail for waving a cutlass around. Also, they'd have to be a historically accurate pirate, aside from the immortal curse.

Vinipote said:
You could be a cursed pirate. You'd be an antagonist. And he/she'd have to figure out a way to blend in with modern society or risk getting thrown in jail for waving a cutlass around. Also, they'd have to be a historically accurate pirate, aside from the immortal curse.
Oh, I was kind thinking of an immortal cursed pirate doomed to forever serve Mr Devil after having made a pact with him.

[QUOTE="Christopher Pyne MP]Oh, I was kind thinking of an immortal cursed pirate doomed to forever serve Mr Devil after having made a pact with him.

[/QUOTE]
That could work. Do you mean Mr. Death or Mr. Devil? Mr. Death is the boss that employs the people who were given mysterious emails.

Excellent! I'll put up a thread with a bit more information, if you guys think you'd like to write up characters.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back