Megaman RP

Which would you rather see hosted?

• Megaman Zero

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Megaman Legends

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Crypteck

Hello RPNation welcome to my Megaman RP thread. I intend to run one of two ideas I have for an awesome RP, both of which involve concepts originally developed by Capcom in their hit Megaman games. The first idea is based loosely off the Megaman Zero games, where the world has moved on since the time of X and the Maverick Hunters. Now natural humans are the exception rather than the norm, and most of the population is made up of reploids. The RP would start out based in a city, surrounded by wasteland, that has been largely reconstructed by reploids over the last 200 years and now supports a population of around 25,000; again mostly reploids but not without a healthy community of humans and cyborgs. This would be my choice of concepts to use for this RP, but would require at LEAST 10 individual players.

The second concept is based off the Megaman Legends games. If you haven't played them yet, find a used game store and buy them; they'll be worth the $10 you pay for them. In the meantime, I'll quote the opening dialogue from the first game.

In a world covered by endless water...
People are forced to eke out a living on the small patches of land that remain above the sea...

The people of this world Rely on an ancient technology driven by quantum refractors, a powerful energy source. These refractors lie in ancient ruins underground and in the sea, and are sought out by explorers called 'Diggers'...

These brave explorers are the sole source of refractor energy-- which had become a cornerstone of emerging civilizations.

Originally, this was the Diggers' only purpose-- to find refractors so that civilization might endure.

However, over the years, the story of a fabulous treasure, the legendary 'Mother Lode', began to be whispered among the Diggers...

The Mother Lode-- a treasure so great that were it discovered, ti would provide so much power that the world never need fear of running out of energy.

Seeking this Mother Lode, Diggers travel from one island to another in their flying machines, ever hoping tht they'll find what they seek just over the horizon...

Hope...

Despair...

Charity...

Greed...

Duty...

Power...

Who can say what truly motivates the diggers?
That about sums up the Legends universe. This one would be for a much smaller group with a minimum of two players, and a maximum of around a dozen depending on how long it lasts.

In either case, I'm looking to run GM style without mechanics for the time being. I intend to handle plot points and overall world construction, while at the same time allowing my players plenty of freedom to progress at their own pace. Basically, I handle all the groundbreaking stuff by feeding players information behind the scenes on what their characters might encounter or deduce, while offering all players information on things like cities, quests and dungeons. I also encourage my players to take an active role in the development of the world, allowing them to add whatever constructs they deem necessary for things like histories and goals.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back