• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Futuristic Megacorporations

Archie

Not even my final form
Supporter
The year is 2190, exactly 120 years after faster than light travel laws enabled. Governments didn't have the technology to colonize the rest of space, so they permitted the existence of space corporations that leased land to humans struggling on an overpopulating world, quickly turning them into wage slaves and serfs to create products for the huge consumer base on Earth.

To these megacorporations, crisis is coming. The United Nations on earth has been deposed by a military coup, pandering to the starving and choking masses, suffering from famine, poverty, and pollution. As the new government, the People's Republic of Earth, pledges to destroy the megacorporations, they must either unite and solve the problems with their workers or face imminent destruction and certain execution.

---

In this RP we're all members of large corporations or agents of the People's Republic: you can either create your own space company of varying sizes or joint someone else's. Solving disputes and uniting against the common enemy won't be easy, as for the last 120 years, the corporations have been at a constant state of war with eachother, and the UN was too weak to settle their disputes.

Any thoughts, suggestions, or takers?

interest but you want full companies? that not gonna work unless you start small so maybe just start with two companies?

Last edited by a moderator:
Interested, though as @Blastcover mentioned, each person with an individual corporation would be hard to manage. I would suggest tightening things up into perhaps one or two fully-diversified megacorps, and the PRE. The megacorps can be fractured into different colonial sectors managed by different people. But exceeding 2 or 3 opposing factions can get messy and complicated in an RP. I would also mention that opening up the possible roles would help. Corporate and PRE leaders would be needed, but military characters would also contribute a lot to this, for instance, I was considering a captain of a mercenary fleet, under hire of the corp.

More concrete/specific bases of conflict would help too. For instance, let's say the solar system, up to the asteroid belt, is PRE controlled, but the corporations have military outposts in the asteroid belt to prevent PRE expansion. This is the only place where they cooperate. The systems directly conjoining sol are heavy with the signs of past conflict, mostly blown apart from territorial wars, but the corps have settled on defined borders. And then there should be a system, or a cluster of systems, that are clear goals for the corps, areas of interest that spark war between the corps. This will leave them split between fighting eachother on the new front, and suppressing the growing PRE force.

I'm just brainstorming things here, but yeah.

I agree that it should be consolidated in some way. A few major corporations that can be joined. I'm interested in this, please keep me in mind.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back