• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom Maybe We Ain't So Normal [Nasu RP Interest Check for any GMs]

Alternate Tides

Take my left and my right
With the coming of the second millennium, comes uncertainty on where mankind’s path is heading towards. Perhaps the weak powers of the world would rise to take prominence? Maybe the promises of technology would finally let mankind get past its squabbles? Yet, with all these expectations, the phantom of the past still haunts the present.

Deep beneath the underground of Tokyo, the remnants of the Ahnenerbe’s research into magical phenomenon has been reclaimed, given new life by members of the Sponheim Abbey. Their research, is of course, heretical, and as such has been hidden from the rest of mage society - with some very powerful sponsors backing them up.

Many of the participants in their tests were either fooled into believing their contracts were far more mild in nature, or were non-magical individuals kidnapped due to their relative weakness against the mages. What resulted was twenty years of experimentation and research, all focused around the various magical abominations that the Ahnenerbe thought up.

To the mages that took in their research, the Ahnenerbe had achieved some truly extraordinary things in their very short-lived existence. Though their focus was mostly on the old mysteries that the organization had found, ultimately, it was the research into human transformation that would truly elevate their work to new heights.

It seemed that the mysteries of bygone ages could be reclaimed, and perhaps even the path to the Truth realized in a short time with what they had access to, but something went… wrong… Some of their subjects escaped.

Meanwhile on the other side of the world, an organization would be formed to research biological and drug-induced mind control technology inherited from Project Paperclip - an initiative to bring German scientists after the second world war to America for their expertise. These scientists, however, were only truly involved in the technological aspect of the operations of Germany, and as such, were ignorant of the Ahnenerbe’s true undertakings.

Of course, the Soviet Union acquired their own scientists as well, necessitating the existence of the organization itself, and with their rival’s collapse, came a scattering of technologies across the world. The dissolution of the USSR meant several entities had access to these technologies, and that the facilities used to store any experimental subjects were left to rot, allowing some to escape.

The initiative of the organization in the present is to capture these few subjects, and begin research into their rival’s findings. Of course, in the present day, things have been mostly contained, however, there have been some strange incidents in the streets of Tokyo. From mysterious mass disappearances, to extremely violent murder scenes that made even the most seasoned of detectives hurl.

It seems to the organization that Tokyo - a previously unprecedented location for subjects - has become the playground of a particularly violent one. But truth be told, this “Advanced Research Specimen (ARS)” was in fact the ones that escaped the Abbey mages’ facilities, currently on the run, fending for their lives in a foreign city.

Hello! Alternate Tides here. I'm just gonna put this over here for any GMs that want to run this game idea I have. Players are also welcome to claim interest. This is a slightly altered version of a 1x1 Interest Check over at another website that isn't really gaining much attention (or really, I don't expect it to gather much attention) so I'm gonna post it here for anyone that might like to pick it up!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back