Martial art I cannot remember

Just so you know, Mantis Style also allows all Martial Arts weapons, including the Seven Section Staff. The Artifact straight staff the Wrackstaff found in Scroll of the Monk also is listed as a Martial Art weapon, and would be allowed with Mantis Style.

Dracogryff said:
I hate to say it, but the ST sounds like a moron. o_o;;; That is the dumbest reason I've ever heard to allow someone to have VBoS...oh well. Again, good luck. u.u
At least it sounds like everyone's enjoying the game, which is what really matters. And I like the GRIPs, Wordman...I've never had a reason to use them (aside from maybe they'd make a good explanation for the changes due to 2E on a number of characters...), but I think I'll keep that one in mind if I ever have that issue.

Edit: Oh, and Retcon is always possible. I've had character death Retconned before, and that's bigger than changing Martial Arts styles. Once, granted, but retcon can and does happen if situations like this occur. *shrugs and points at the GRIPs* Don't have to...but it's not something that's impossible.
We once retconned the end of the chronicle  :oops:  

We were at this town with all those Essence 2 mortals and my Zenith limit-broke out of frustration at failing to grasp some vital knowledge for his task at hand and Deliberate cruelty kicked in. I began torturing the town's high-bard, demanding that he taught me this arcane knowledge. When he said he couldn't and wouldn't, I kept torturing him, cut off his achilles tendons and then he passed out... So, once again it's a town full of Ess. awakened mortal coming at me, 5 (magic number) at a time. I was fending them off succesfully via Iron-Skin, a stunt here and there and Joy in Adversity Stance... But my mote pool WAS gonna run out at some point.

So here comes our Dawn Solar in an attempt to help us... He draws his Soulsteel Dire Lance (DON'T ASK) and begins "helping me", quite brutally. All along, one of the Circle's Twilights was watching and curing the bard, trying to get him to stop the army so the Circle could stop me...

Then, the Dawn declares an awesome stunt that ends in the decapitation of an Awakened mortal... And when the Twilight sees this, she goes "I go Iconic and kill the Dawn" (She had never gone past Glowing caste mark in the 15 or so sessions we had so far... She's still not so comfortable being a Solar... And, she's got Compassion 5)

So, at the prospect of the Circle jumping at each other's throats and splitting, we just hit KFC and discussed on how to retcon this.  :twisted:

Additionally: I'm aware of Mantis Style, and I think there was also some other style allowing Staves but I don't think I'll be changing at this point and I really love VBoS.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back