Marck Dios

InsaneAsylum

The Chocobo Champion
Marck Dios

Introduction My First Character, 'ight?

Games the Character has been involved with None.

Basics

Name: Marck Dios

Race: Human

Sexual Orientation: Heterosexual

• Appearance

Height: 5'6

Weight: 130

Hair: Dark Brown Hair. His hair is long enough to cover his eyes.

Eyes: Dark Brown

Body: Compact

Attire: Brown shirt, brown pants, brown cloak, and a steel sword.

Marck almost always wears all brown. It fits well with his dark brown skin.

Theme Song

[media]

[/media]

This is a brutally honest review by Teh Frixz

While off the bat I enjoy seeing a character endure tragedy, I don't see how he evolved from it. A farm boy in the city for two days loses it all and is struck down to live with the poorest of the poor. If it was here he learned to fight and steal for a living, I highly doubt a sword would be his weapon as a sword is obscenely expensive to make and throughout human history has been a weapon of the Rich and not the poor.

Perhaps give him a muggers weapon? Like a blackjack or club. Maybe even brass knuckles if you want a little exotic. Blunt simple weapons are your best bet. Make him good with that.

If you go the eccentric route, be sure to focus those eccentricities on either his past country life or on the fact that he was a theif trying to not die in a city that swallowed up his family.

Expand on your background. Build his traits on being peasant stock and then a gutter rat. And provide explanation why he just didn't leave the city for the familiarity and safety of the country right away?

Good job on avoiding magic. Magic is mostly dumb and relying on natural humanity is a good way to avoid dumb things.

Focus on showing and not telling. Provide excerpts from his life rather than a wiki of it.

He should be stupid with his words. In all of history, those raised in a peasant culture and then in hyper poor urban decay should have little to no education. His language would be gruff and stilted, heavily influence by local slangs and old farm memories.

Overall, forget the gentleman theif aspect and focus on the survival of a young man having to desperate things. This character smells of bittersweet chocolate and could really stand out from the average "orphaned dude" character. Really play up the struggle and the brutal results of it. He more than likely isn't a good guy but doesn't have to be a villian because of it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back