• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Magik

Azalea

Elder Member
532408cf99fd2f8a6c5648089d516ebb.jpg

A world in which magik and Steampunk collide. Wizardry is a common art, and, although not many possess the
gift, the ones that do don’t have much power at all. They can cast a few illumination spells or cause a spark at their fingertips, but that’s it. A few children, however, are particularly gifted, and the tyrannical government has gotten wind of them. In order to escape the grasp of the assassins dispatched to wipe them out, the kids must scramble across a Steampunk, post-apocalyptic world in search for freedom, liberty, and justice.

Any interest or ideas? Please do comment below...

Quite interested!

How are the gifted children gifted? What spells can they produce or can they make things happen?

Each of the children would possess a certain 'affinity' towards a certain type of magic. Of course, as their skills develop they could take on more then one, depending on the amount of magic they are capable of wielding.

Elemental Magic

Fulgurkinesis – control over lightning.

Pyrokinesis – control over fire.

Aerokinesis – control over air.

Aquakinesis – control over water.

Geokinesis – control over earth.

Mental Magic

Telekinesis – the ability to move objects with your mind.

Projection – ability to transmit images and feelings to the minds of other.

Therionology – ability to command animals. Very rare.

Harmonizing – ability to arrange one’s environment to invoke a specific feeling or mood.

Elenchus – ability to distinguish lie from truth, also known as truthseeking. Extremely rare.

Arcane Magic

Enerkinesis – ability to draw magic from others, as well as the environment around them, increasing their magic.

Summoning – ability to bring manifestation of creatures.

Animating – ability to impart life to inanimate objects.

Binding – ability to fuse or bind something found in the arcane realm to human host with purpose of giving the host new magic powers

Last edited by a moderator:
Of course! I'm glad someone inquired about that so I could work out the magic stuff. Steampunk would be prevalent in the technology, the normal clothing of the characters, and the setting around the characters.

Since this seems to have generated the interest needed, I'll go ahead and put a forum up for it. I also suggest you begin making your characters so we can start as soon as possible.

Character Sheet

Name:

Age (ranging from 14-17):

Rank (only put something here if your interested in becoming an assassin):

Physical Description (Or just supply a picture):

Magic Affinity (to specify, you would choose one, under any category of magic):

Personality:

https://www.rpnation.com/threads/magik-a-steam-punk-magik-role-play.101199/

Would enerkenisis also be rare/difficult to control? I'm thinking of a weak-constitution character so I'm wondering if if'd be plausible at all for them to be able to use it.

Yes, it is rare and actually very dangerous magic to use, as lack of good control could result in disastrous consequences.

Bless the magic x steampunk idea

I'm thinking of becoming one of the assassins/baddie, so what kind of bad guy you needed?

Yes @Exordium spots are still open.

@too much idea I'm thinking the assassins will have a small touch of magic or some advantage that helps make them formidable to the kids. So just go wild with whatever idea you have and I'll see if I can approve it.

Also, these assassins will be able to blend in the with the setting around them, using whatever skills or costumes at their use. They can be as young as 18.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back