• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Magician Hunt Discussions

Just for extra information; my character has been inspired by and old book for all ages: 'The last Unicorn'

Call me a purest, but I've said this before:What kind of a self respecting dwarf uses a sword? A dwarf is strong and stout, capable of using an axe with much more ease then a human, else they're won't be much of an distinction.

Really now? I honestly never heard of the book.
What it on?
It was as famous as wizard of oz in its time. You can download it for free from most ebook related sites as the copyright's been expired. It's about a unicorn who hears she is the last so goes on a journey to find her sisters and a magician who is trying to become a master helps her.

Call me a purest, but I've said this before:What kind of a self respecting dwarf uses a sword? A dwarf is strong and stout, capable of using an axe with much more ease then a human, else they're won't be much of an distinction.
Cool down! Then what about imagination power? Just now I thought of using a winged dwarf with a harp...

In the warhammer universe dwarves use axes and hammers because of tradition, not because of efficiency. For example the great engineer guild who controls the schemes to the great artillery of the dwarfs only releases patents after a 100 years of being posted. So them being stout they may be also stubborn, if they wanted to be efficient they could but tradition is against efficiency which is against the idea of Harald who is a efficient killer

In the warhammer universe dwarves use axes and hammers because of tradition, not because of efficiency. For example the great engineer guild who controls the schemes to the great artillery of the dwarfs only releases patents after a 100 years of being posted. So them being stout they may be also stubborn, if they wanted to be efficient they could but tradition is against efficiency which is against the idea of Harald who is a efficient killer
I haven't mentioned it before because we didn't have other species yet, but the king is... racist? specist? He puts human magicians atop and other species who can use magic are second rated citizens and those who can't use magic have the third place.

Not trying to be hostile, apologize if it comes off like that.

I understand why, but keep in we are asking about dwarves, strong and stout. Dwarves are not naturally fast creatures but make up for it with resilience, so comparatively a sword may not be as effective of a weapon for a dwarf vs a weapon that can output the maximum amount of damage on the swing, using his strength. Swords need more to be used with more finesse, somthing dwarves tend to lack.

Don't think Justin because it be less effectiv for humans don't mean dwarves won't naturally do it better. Why do you think dwarves have some of the best infantry in the tabletop game? What are some of their traits? They are well armor and hit hard, none of them are armed with swords. I don't think they could hit as hard with swords

Maybe you are right about it, but it is only my opinion on the matter, after all some might call me a warhammer fantasy purist.

Truth be told, I'm just getting end times and age of shitmarines vibes is all, nothing really against what you do, you do what you want and that is fine. I'm just conversing is all.

Speaking of, you better tell me your favorite character.

I would say Karl Frank, but honestly Marius Leitdorf takes the cake for me.

The Josef Bugmen is up there somewhere too.

Ok~! >w<; So the second one I'm thinking of doing more to possibly, but something came up so I wasn't able to quiiiiite play around with it as much as I'd like yet, but still it's close enough to being done that I can show it I guess. So anyway, here they are! Let me know if there are any changes that you'd like to see made too. ^^

Banner 1 (the style of my current one~) :
m7r33po.png

Banner 2 (possibly a work in progress?) :
uL4pS0U.png

:O Amazing!<3

I love both of them, especially the first one.

Though I don't want to be picky, and only if it ain't too much trouble, but do you think you can do either dark blue or purple for the color of either?

:O Amazing!<3

I love both of them, especially the first one.

Though I don't want to be picky, and only if it ain't too much trouble, but do you think you can do either dark blue or purple for the color of either?

I'm glad that you think they're looking ok~!
I can definitely go through and change the colors around, I was just pulling from his.... coat/cape/thingy for his color scheme since I had noooo idea what to go with. That'll be a quick fix and hopefully I'll have it up tonight.

Also, I'll have my post up tonight~! MJ ._. MJ ._. (Sorry it'll be a bit late)

I'm glad that you think they're looking ok~!
I can definitely go through and change the colors around, I was just pulling from his.... coat/cape/thingy for his color scheme since I had noooo idea what to go with. That'll be a quick fix and hopefully I'll have it up tonight.

Also, I'll have my post up tonight~! MJ ._. MJ ._. (Sorry it'll be a bit late)
It's ok. Cynthiera Cynthiera has not started yet.

I finished my beggining post for now, ill be waiting for my fellow bad folks to begin hunting the lambs.... wait that doesn't sound right

I finished my beggining post for now, ill be waiting for my fellow bad folks to begin hunting the lambs.... wait that doesn't sound right
That sound weird to be heard from a sheep. But good post; I like the small pox idea. So... that kid was an Orc, right?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back