• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Magical ☆ Mancer ☆ Journey (Applications Open!)

usagi froggy

Rhythm Heaven Enjoyer
APPLICATIONS OPEN!
OPEN SLOTS: 4
OOC CONTENT WILL TAKE PLACE ON DISCORD

Only the "What is a Mancer?" and "Rules" tab are absolutely necessary to read prior to applying! The rest is just to give a little more information about the world.

• 1726152708058.png
    What is a Mancer?
    In this world, everyone has inherent magical abilities— those who decide to use their magic and pursue a career with them are known as Mancers. Everyone has potential with it, but you must train and practice with it in order to grow stronger.

There are many different types of Mancers— from the Pyromancers that can wield the power of fire, to the Chronomancers who can control time, to even a handful of Lactomancers that can use milk magic. Every Mancer's magical ability manifests itself differently. The more experienced you are as a Mancer, the more you can do with your magic. For example, a novice Pyromancer may only be able to shoot fireballs, while an experienced Pyromancer can shoot fireballs, create walls of fire, manipulate fire whips, etc.

However, Mancers are not just your typical mage. There are two different types of Mancers: Casters and Enchanters. Casters use magic as is, and are what comes to mind when one thinks of a mage or sorcerer. They typically use a staff or rod as a focus for their magic. Casting fire balls, lightning bolts, and energy blasts are standard fare for Casters. On the other hand, Enchanters use their magic to enhance their preferred weapon. This can manifest itself as a flaming sword, freezing punches, electrified arrows, and more. Regardless of if you are a Caster or Enchanter, magic can be used to alter and enhance your body (eg. shapeshifting, teleportation, enhanced speed, etc.)

It is VERY rare for a Mancer to have control over more than one element. Only the most powerful and experienced of Mancers can even use two elements. If you meet a Mancer who can use multiple elements, it’s a sign that they are extremely strong and should be treated as such.

APPLICATION THREAD LINK
TEMP. OOC THREAD LINK

APPLICATIONS ARE DUE BY 12:00PM CST ON FRIDAY 9/20!!

All art is sourced from Final Fantasy Explorers!

Last edited:
Hihi, folks! Before opening applications, I just wanted to get a quick read on how many were interested in this idea and what to expect! Feel free to lmk if you like the idea or if you have any questions!

Also, I'm not really good with bbcode, so apologies for the somewhat rudimentary post design ;w;

Got a concept that i could use. One question about world incase i over looked it. Are all characters Human? or do other intelligent races mix with humans in the setting?

I'm pretty sure that I'm going to go for a stellar conjuror. Mayhaps she (going for a female) will be able to create constellation recreations when she gets more powerful (such as an Orion's constellation that shoots miniature stars).

Alrighty gang, applications are OPEN!!!

HERE is the link to the application thread!

HERE is the link to the temporary OOC thread!

Thanks so much for being interested in my idea and I'm so excited to see everyone's ideas!

This looks really cool! I'd love to apply, though I'm still sorta re-learning the ropes and it is no issue at all if you're looking for more experienced people <3

Sounds like something I could join.

Any banned Mancer types?

I'd be applying for dark, space, or technomancy.

If you already have 4, never mind this.

Sounds like something I could join.

Any banned Mancer types?

I'd be applying for dark, space, or technomancy.

If you already have 4, never mind this.
Go ahead! All are available, I’m not banning any type of Mancer. This is application based, so it’s not first come first serve dw :) There’s still plenty of time

Users who are viewing this thread

Back