• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Magical ☆ Mancer ☆ Journey - Application Thread

OOC
Here
Other
Here

usagi froggy

Rhythm Heaven Enjoyer
Mancer Party.png
Application
This shouldn't take too long! Just looking for a little preliminary info about the character you plan to play!
Full Character Sheets will be done once the party has been decided upon. Other than the RP sample, these questions pertain to the character you plan to play!

Name:
(18+)
Mancer Class:
(What element of Mancer are they, and are they a Caster or Enchanter? Feel free to give an idea about what their abilities/skillset are, too!)
Basic Character Info:
(Talk about whatever you deem to be important about your character. Their personality, backstory, etc. This doesn't need to be more than a few sentences)
RP Sample:
(Feel free to link/paste any post or writing you've done that you feel is indicative of you as a writer!)

Other:
(Anything you'd like to add that didn't fit in the other categories!)

APPLICATIONS DUE Friday 9/20 at 12:00PM CST

• Each user is allowed to submit up to TWO applications, but please no more than that! Only one character will be selected if you submit more than one.
  • You are more than welcome to include an image of what your character looks like. I'd say an anime/cartoon-y style would be more fitting for this RP. No AI images please! Picrew.me is a great source for character creators. You can also google and add before:2021 to filter out any AI images there.
  • Please don't worry about making your application look super fancy! We can worry about that once it's time to do actual character sheets. I care more about what your character is like as a person, and you getting those details across
  • Please don't make your character's magical abilities OP. Remember, your character is a JUNIOR MANCER with only 2 years of experience. I'd say at this point they have about 2-3 solid magical abilities right now. If this were an RPG, they'd be around level 15 out of 100 right now.
  • Once I have selected a party, I will send out private DM's with a Discord server link to those I have chosen. I will make a post in the OOC thread when the links have gone out. If you aren't selected, please be normal about it. That's all I have to say there. 😭
  • If you have any questions, please ask them in the OOC thread, linked HERE!
  • Interest Check thread is linked HERE! All lore info can be found there.

Last edited:
IMG_9452.jpg
Name: Aqua Mizutani
Mancer Class: Caster Hydromancer. Aqua's magic abilities primarily lie in healing. She can specifically manifest clouds of healing rain that can restore her allies' health in battle or cure them of ailing status conditions. She is not much of a fighter, but if necessary she can shoot a beam of bubbles at the enemy.
Basic Character Info: Aqua is a kind, intelligent girl. She comes from a wealthy family of Hydromancers and was expected to become a Mancer from a young age. The rest of her family is highly skilled at fighting, however Aqua is extremely clumsy, meaning she prefers to stay in the back lines providing support should she ever get into battle. While she is smart, she can be forgetful and naive at times and is lacking in practical skills such as cooking/cleaning.

Alright,let me just put up my ideas here,see how it goes.

Name: Sachi [last name, if any, to be determined]
Mancer Class:
Sachi is a Caster with the aspect of Endocrimancy/Adrenomancy. Her form of Mancy grants her the ability to generate or control hormonal levels within living organisms within a range of a few feet outside of arm's length. This allows the creation of various physiological effects such as increased alertness and reaction speed, amplified muscular output, numbness, disorientation, lethargy, and the sudden gain or loss of physical attributes such as hair or fat.
Basic Character Info:
Born into a poor family in Cyan, Sachi had been involved in the mines since her teenage years, specifically with the duties of monitoring the health of miners and technicians and assisting in providing medical treatment to them, alongside support in search and rescue operations when accidents happened. When she came of age, she resolved to develop her expertise via the development of her magical potential. After some years of training, she has a good grasp of her gift of Endocrimancy, and is ready to serve as a novice Mancer. While she is gentle in nature, she is not timid, and possesses a tower shield that she uses in battle if needed.

Name: Charis Laveau
Mancer Class:
Charis is a Caster with the aspect of Cartomancy. She has the ability to conjure replicas of cards that vary in size and position, serving as constructs that are useful in many situations. She can also utilize existing cards she carries to summon objects or beings that resemble the images on them, allowing them to persist and assist her for some time before vanishing. However, a card used in such a way loses the image depicted on it forever.
Basic Character Info:
Of mysterious background, Charis claims to be the last heir of a formerly great noble house in the city of Rosa-Rosa that was destroyed after being framed by a political rival, though there is little to corroborate that fact. She professes the goal to be traveling to find a way to restore the honor and esteem of her house, though she seems to be more interested in adventure and living a reckless life than taking any useful steps towards that goal. Nevertheless, she has spent some time honing her ability of Cartomancy, with the certification as a Mancer merely one step towards her lofty goal. In battle, she wields an oversized rapier with an elongated hilt, allowing it to serve as a light lance.

If I am accepted for either character,an alternate ability I might give either of them in place of the above listed is Noomancy.

Noomancy allows the user to influence the consciousness of living beings, though humans are easier to influence than others. The user can serve as the central node of a telepathic network with allies, implant illusions and impressions into a being's mind (though not directly influence emotions), and lull a being into unconsciousness.

Alcaeus 'Tiger Eye' Aurelian idea.png

Name: Alcaeus ‘Tiger-Eye’ Aurelian
Mancer Class:
Alcaeus is an Enchanter Type. His abilities are rooted in Geomancy, specifically elemental absorption- the ability to take on attributes of natural rocks and minerals when touching them. When he absorbs a mineral, Alcaeus can transform his body into said mineral- but there’s a catch; Alcaeus is unable to move the transformed part. Say for example, he turned his fist into stone, he would be unable to move his fingers or uncurl his fist. To do such a feat requires much practice, using techniques such as reducing the transformation effect on the joints of his fingers, the inside of his knuckles, his wrist etc. Alcaeus instead chooses to focus on what he calls 110% Power, where he focuses all his strength into the intensity of the transformation to make the strongest, densest mineral he can, sacrificing all mobility in the process- therefore transforming only parts of himself instead of full-body transformations.
His ability is currently in its basic form and has the potential to grow and change over time, depending on his creativity and willpower.
Basic Character Info:
Alcaeus comes from a small mountain-side village in Goldlily. Born to loving commoner parents, he is the second oldest of nine children.
Geomancy is a common trait in his family that takes many different forms; Some of his siblings focus on more practical uses of their powers and have careers in construction and infrastructure whereas others have chosen the path of creativity and self-expression, sculpting beautiful works of marble and stone. But for young Alcaeus, he’s always dreamed of a life of adventure and camaraderie.
His father passed away when he was young and his mother grew sickly because of it, so he took it upon himself to take care of his siblings from then on. Due to his protective nature he feels responsible for others’ safety, and as if to reflect this feeling his powers manifested as such; He would use himself as a shield to take on the dangers of the world, so no one else has to.
Personality-wise, Alcaeus is quick-thinking and brash, though he means well. He’ll dive headfirst into danger before anyone else and loves to be reckless, so long as it doesn’t harm others (though sometimes it may have unintentional consequences). Ironically, he’ll admonish those close to him when they do something he feels is dangerous or stupid, but it comes from a place of concern.
Alcaeus studies hard at the Guild to make the most of the opportunity his siblings gave him in making him leave the village to pursue his own goals, giving him a tiger’s eye necklace as a farewell gift- letting him absorb and transform into it at any time, hence his nickname.
RP Sample:
I don’t have any RP samples yet, but I can give you some writing I did! Hopefully it's alright. I like writing in either first or third person so whichever suits.
Other:
Sorry for the long application! I got caught up in the creation stuff ;A; Most of my replies won't be so lengthy but occasionally (like an introduction or something) I may expand a little.
I feel like he has a lot of room for growth, both power-wise and as a character (e.g. being less over-protective etc) and hopefully he'll be fun to interact with and be around!

If there’s anything you’d like me to alter let me know 👍

1000040009.jpg

Name: Gabrielle "Ignettia" Bellamy
Mancer Class:
Gabrielle is a pyro enchanters that use her magic in tandem with her prostethic limbs to launch powerful melee attacks, she can also use burst of explosion to quickly move herself or change direction of an attack mid-swing.
Basic Character Info:
Hailing from Cyan, Gabby is a rather timid girl with a penchant to say yes to almost any request. Which usually ends up with people putting their broken electronics in her care as she's known to be quite savvy at fixing stuffs. Her middle name 'Ignettia' is more of a nickname that she gained as she oftenly ignite herself on fire during a fight, hurting herself and breaking her limbs just so she can deal more damage to the enemy.
RP Sample:
Finished - [Aslan City] I Summon Thee! meet my Aqua
Other:

Maribelle "Vampy" Nightburn

• 2ZO5giw.png
    Name: Maribelle Nightburn
    Alias/Nickname: Vampy
    Origins: Cyan
    Traits: Reserved, Snarky, Intelligent, Introverted, Ominous
    Weaknesses: Sunlight, People, Bad Tea, Sports
    FC: Rachel Alucard (Blazblue)
    A girl hailing from the snowy regions of Cyan.

Maribelle possesses a sharp tongue and maturity beyond her years. Or at least she'd like most to think that. She was born with a affliction similar to solar urticaria. Too much sun exposure can leave her bed ridden for weeks and even be fatal. So the reclusive girl is often over dressed and rarely seen on sunny days. This makes her school life and interaction with others difficult. She has adapted to this over the years by becoming very self serving and creating small doll like assistants using the technologies of Cyan. Her favorite is her spherical servant, Lily.

Her parents are a mystery as Maribelle comes from the less explored mountainous regions. Since she says traveling to and fro takes too long, Maribelle stays at various Mancer's Guilds. Where she can be found often in the library drinking various dark colored drinks... tea obviously. It's not surprising she is teased by older members and has no actual friends. She prefers it and only makes it more difficult by using all of her studying time and dark presentation to intimidate and keep others from getting close.

Her training is in the field of Dark Magics. Dark magic comes in more than just curses but the taboo, occultic and unexplored. Being forsaken by the sun has led her to live with as much darkness in both lifestyle and belief as she can muster. Much of which is self taught when old foggies refuse to go into enough detail.

Truly though... she secretly wishes to control the light as well so that she may live freely and perhaps...

Last edited:
Name: Segund Tremont
Mancer Class: Caster

In the coastal land of Tremont, salt is life. Salt is Power. None portray this truth more than the Duke of Tremont himself. Blind your foes. Cut and sting with a thousand strikes. Summon the mountains and crush the armies that lay at your doorstep. Segund, however, is not so talented as his father. Keep sweat out of your eyes. Form brittle blades. Raise pillars in defense. Season your food. He has a long ways to go, but by keeping an eye out for opportunities, he aims to prove the worth of his salt.
Basic Character Info:
The second son of an unimaginative Duke, Segund was always placed into the shadow of his brother Primus. Sharing in the family style, anything he could accomplish, his brother had already done. Speak not of the fact that Segund had advanced through his initial studies quicker than his brother had, nor of the fact he had done so with fewer resources available. Any such talk would only be waved off as "complaints unbefitting one's stature". Fortunately, his older brother was not blind to the plights of his younger sibling, and when the time came for Primus to leave the family holdings and venture forth, he had brought Segund with him. They travelled together for a short time until they reached the first crossroad outside of their father's land where they split their travel resources fairly and parted amicably. Now faced with freedom and anonymity, Segund travels in search of who he is, and what he can become.
Other:
Strengths: Patience, Cunning, Swordplay, Cooking, and Observation
Weaknesses: Naive, Insecure, Horsemanship, Music, and Empathy

Name: Kalibrex (Kal) Shorehaven
Mancer Class: Enchanter

"Let them strike. They shall soon learn to fear themselves." Mirrors reflect images. Earth reflects heat. Shields reflect attacks. Kalibrex has only begun to figure out what all the magic of reflection can affect, but he has learned enough to makes his strikes come from unexpected angles and send strikes at him off to the side, or if he is lucky, right back at the foe doing the strike.
Basic Character Info:
Kal grew up on the outskirts of society. Homeless. Poor. Abandoned. It was a sad day indeed when his luck turned for the better. A gang leader named Neph saw him using one of his petty mirror tricks to steal a small loaf of bread. One horrid beating later and that gang leader had a new lookout, pickpocket, and punching bag. Kal longed to run away from this new life, but he remembered all to well what it was like before. At least now he had food. At least now he had a place to sleep. At least now someone would miss him if he disappeared. It wasn't until he got caught by the city guard that he found out just how little they would care. How quickly he could be replaced. Without the gang, he quickly found himself back in the cells. Petty crime after petty crime. Somehow, they kept finding him. Eventually, he discovered the tracking spell on him and managed to reflect it back to its source. When he did, he found the man he would come to accept as his teacher. His friend. His Grandpa. A few short years later Kalibrex Shorehaven left his town behind. His smile reflecting his hopes for the future.
Other:
Strengths: Justice, Agility, Stealth, Cunning, and Improvisation
Weaknesses: Brash, Prideful, Lacking book-smarts, Cynical, and Impulsive

RP Sample: (I have pitted these two against each other below for fun)

Sweat soaked through the ground at Segund's feet. Panting from exertion, he held his conjured blade and waited within the thin circle of salt he had created. The line dared his near invisible opponent to approach and cross into the range of his attack. Outside the circle, his foe danced and blurred, just out of sight. A stream of insults bouncing at him from every direction. Thrice already, the two of them had clashed. Thrice they had hammered, cut, and parried. Slowly they had begun to find the cracks in each other's armor. Soon, a final strike would land. Soon, his enemy would grow impatient enough to strike a fourth time, and then the trap he had placed would trigger. The circle of salt on the ground was a misdirection. His range extended another two inches beyond. His senses were focused, not on his eyes or ears, but on his nose. The salt of his opponents sweat would give away his position. One strike was all that was needed now.

First blood. All that was needed was first blood. How was this duel still going on? Moving softly, Kalibrex spoke into his mask, reflecting his voice and sending it elsewhere to distract the knight in front of him. Kal's eyes flicked up to the audience watching in their seats and gave a knowing wink, earning a guffaw of appreciation. This tournament was a show for the people? Well then, a show it would be. The prize money was pretty good, too. If only the knight in front of him would do something. Well, if the salty punk was too afraid to move, then Kal just had to end it now before the crowd got too bored. With a cry of impatience, he charged. His shield reflecting the ground behind him, his voice flying towards the knight from the wrong direction, and a final trick literally in his back pocket...How could he lose?

Silence ran through the crowd in confusion. The final strike had been so sudden it was difficult to say who had won. The Rogue of Mirrors and charged the Salt Knight, but even before the knight's line of defense had been breached a flurry of activity ensued. The Knight had struck first. His swing passing directly through where the Rogue had been just an instant before. A Mirage? The Rouge instantly appeared at the knights back, but as his feet touched the ground, he sank up to his knees and the line of salt exploded upwards. A trap within a trap laid by the knight. When the salt fell. Both opponents wore matching cuts on their faces. But who had landed the deciding blow?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back