MA style in Kickstarter

Hi! I joined this forum just to vote for CENTIPEDE STYLE, the best style of all styles! My reason is as follows - Centipede is a weirdo style that was published in the White Wolf Quarterly, a newsletter geared towards retailers and industry people more than actual players. Most Exalted fans don't even know Centipede Style exists! In addition to being obscure, it's super heavy on Multiple-Action tricks that won't convert easily to 3rd Edition.

Obscure and hard to convert? Why would I ask for this?

Because other styles have enough momentum to probably get official 3E conversions later on. Centipede is the style with the odds most heavily stacked against any writer going "yeah, I feel like updating that now". If we don't demand Centipede now, we may never see it updated. And that would make my favorite Night Caste a sad living-nightmare-poison-ninja-slasher-film-antagonist.

Edit: Haha, then I read the rest of the thread and saw not a single other vote. A single tear falls down my Night Caste's face, off the point of his chin, and then CASCADE OF CUTTING TERROR AND THE FALLING TEAR BECOMES A THOUSAND RAZOR-EDGED ADAMANT SHARDS THAT KILL ALL THE GUILD SLAVERS IGNORANT ENOUGH OF MEN WHO EMULATE THE BATMAN TO STAND AROUND UNDER A WAREHOUSE SKYLIGHT.

I'd really like to get Centipede Style.

Nobody remembers this thing-- it was actually published in White Wolf Quarterly back in 2006. If it isn't in the core it's going to slide off the face of the Earth and never be heard from again.

.... wait, crap. You ALSO registered just to plead for Centipede?

Um. We're totally not the same dude, I swear.

A rider request - if the votes go to Celestial Monkey, perhaps they can get the staff to scratch out the "Celestial" part so that it's just Monkey Style?

Adamiani said:
.... wait, crap. You ALSO registered just to plead for Centipede?
Um. We're totally not the same dude, I swear.
That's right, totally distinct and unrelated fellow Centipede Style lover! Ha ha! Ha!

CHEESE IT TIME TRAVELING FUTURE SELF, THEY'RE ON TO US.. ME... WE... CRAAAP

Dinosaur said:
A rider request - if the votes go to Celestial Monkey, perhaps they can get the staff to scratch out the "Celestial" part so that it's just Monkey Style?
I think celestial Monkey was referring to Monkey King (Son Goku in Japanese) in A journey to Eastso I doubt they will change that name.

If we are now voting, not waiting for the poll, first vote for me is Dreaming Pearl Courtesan. Second is Crystal Chameleon.

Third person revealed he is getting crane and Nightingale so they are off from the poll I will post poll soon for everyone to vote stay tuned. :P

Dreaming Pearl Courtesan Style for me. FYI, one of the other backers is going to chose Crane style. Secondary vote: Mantis. Third: Celestial Monkey

Depends on Brian at KS choice this pretty much seems to be resolved as either pearl or celestial monkey but to be fair I will mkae poll thread tomorrow and advertise it than I will get votes for until KS is over.

Just posted this on the official forums. Based on the styles excluded, and the styles spoken for by the other two backers, the current list looks something like this:

Arms of the Unconquered Sun

Celestial Monkey

CEENNNTTTTIIIIIPPPPPPEEEEEEEDDDDDDDDEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!

Cobra

Crystal Chameleon

Dreaming Pearl Courtesan

Eye of Heaven

Mantis

White Reaper

This assumes that a couple of these don't get revealed by the Devs as being too close to specific non-Solar types (White Reaper to Lunars and Crystal Chameleon to Sidereals are possibilities, but nowhere near as certain as Laughing Wounds getting scooted off to Abyssal territory).

EDIT: Ah, seems you beat me to the punch with the actual poll. Well then! My vote is cast! Centipede first, then (Celestial) Monkey and Mantis, because all five traditional Kung Fu animal styles in the corebook would be kind of cool.

Thread Locked at Request of Author.

Please continue the conversation in the other thread :) .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back