• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy [M4A] Bodyguard x Royalty

Hi! I'm looking for a romantic roleplay in which I'd like to play a male bodyguard against YC (any gender), a member of the royal court—be that queen, princess, prince, king or a similar entity. Alternatively YC could be an aristocrat like a count/ countess etc, or simply a person of high station in the setting we might choose. In a Fantasy setting, this could include demons, deities, etc.

I'm open to both historical and Fantasy settings!

Several possible tropes for the characterization:

Forbidden Love
Opposites Attract
Enemies to Lovers
Power Couple
Tank x Healer
Childhood Friends
Love Triangle
Poly relationships (Multiple guards?)

Things we could include:

-Travels
-Court Politics
-Coup d'etats
-War
-Assassination Attempts
-Quests

Feel free to hit me up with your own ideas!

Please be 18+ years of age. Please attach a short writing sample to your introduction; I will return the favor. I write in third-person, past tense and would prefer if you did the same. No one-liners, please!

PMs, Threads and Discord are all A-okay.

Happy to hear from you!

Hey there! My name’s Akira and I think I have an oc that would fit. I do have a question for the writing sample. Are you searching for an opener or will any sample do?

Hey! This sounds like a lot of fun.

My Roleplay Style
  • 3rd Person
  • Past Tense
  • Descriptive (Absolute Minimum of 5 Sentences Per Character)

Ideas
  • The Reluctant Heir: The princess has always felt suffocated by her royal duties and often shirks them. Her new bodyguard, assigned to keep her in line, is disciplined and focused, much to her annoyance. Their initial relationship is filled with bickering, but as they face challenges together, the princess starts to respect his commitment. She begins to see the value in her role and the importance of his guidance.
  • The Secret Garden: The princess has a private, hidden garden she visits to escape the pressures of palace life, a place known only to her bodyguard. Over time, she invites him to help her care for the plants, subtly sharing pieces of her past and fears. As they spend more time there, they begin to talk about the politics and threats outside the palace walls, discovering secrets that could change their kingdom.
  • Jealousy’s Edge: The princess starts spending more time with a charming foreign diplomat, making the bodyguard jealous. The bodyguard’s struggle to maintain professionalism while harboring hidden feelings leads to tension between them.
  • Royal Heirloom: The princess is the keeper of a powerful artifact that her enemies desperately want. Her bodyguard, tasked with protecting her and the artifact, must stay by her side at all times. As they travel to a distant temple to destroy or safeguard the artifact, they face numerous threats. Along the way, the princess learns about her bodyguard’s past and the reasons for their unwavering loyalty.

Writing Sample

Say princess, have you ever been outside the palace walls?
➵ A Strange Encounter

“Call me Edwin,” the young man said with great vigor.
Edwin held out his hand to the princess, a bright smile plastered across his masculine features. His smile was welcoming— persuasive, even.

“S-sir Edwin, it’s a pleasure to meet you.”
The princess gently and hesitantly rested her hand in his.
“I see that you work here… at the palace I mean,” she pointed at the small brooch on his grubby linen top.

Edwin placed a kiss on the back of the princess’s hand, paying no attention to her shy demeanor.
“You would be correct. I work here at the palace as a gardener. I’m surprised that you don’t recognize me princess.” He scratched the back of his head sheepishly, his smile never fading. “I saw you out here in the garden just the other day.”

The princess blinked a few times and was taken aback by the lack of formality on Edwin's part.

Normally people would bow at her feet and immediately attend to whatever needs they thought she had. Although, Edwin’s forwardness didn’t bother the princess. It was nice to have a genuine conversation for a change.

“Well you’ve done a wonderful job with the garden,” she responded while looking around at the perfectly trimmed hedges and multicoloured flowers.
“Father rarely lets me go outside. And when he does, I’m almost always accompanied by a maid or some guards. I apologize for never noticing you,” she sighed.

Edwin was happy to see that the princess was kind. It was an unexpected but pleasant surprise. “You have nothing to apologize for, I assure you princess.”

“But—“

“— I told you that you have nothing to worry about.” He said smoothly.

The princess looked down at her feet and was ashamed of the fact that she didn’t even know the names of the people she would one day rule over.

“Say princess, have you ever been outside the palace walls?” Edwin shifted the topic. Seeing the princess with such a somber look didn’t really suit her.

She shook her head. “No, I haven’t.”

Edwin figured as much. He couldn’t help but feel bad for the poor girl. She was nearly an adult and had never experienced a genuine human interaction. “Well I don’t suppose you’d want to...“ He paused for a brief moment, lowering his voice to a soft murmur and leaning towards the princess. “... see what’s on the other side of the mist.”

“You can’t be serious!” She whisper-yelled, eyes wide. The princess fixed her posture, still speaking in a hushed voice. “Sir Edwin, have you been past the mist before?” She furrowed her brows. The princess was intrigued and only slightly concerned. Her longing for the new was far greater than her need for safety.

“Indeed I have.”

“I could have you arrested for that but—” She trailed off.

“But what?” He pried.

“I won’t.”

Edwin elbowed the princess in a playful manner. “Aren’t you just the sweetest!”

The princess froze in her spot, unsure of how to respond. It was quite a bold statement considering his status. The princess cleared her throat, cheeks turning pink with embarrassment.

“Meet me here at midnight then.” She turned to walk away in a weak attempt to seem assertive. This humored Edwin and gave him more reason to tease her later on.

“Wait!” He exclaimed.

She spun around to face Edwin.

“Can I call you by your first name?” He asked, still glowing with enthusiasm.

“Call me Laria,” she said in a gentle tone as a tiny smirk graced her feminine features.​

Users who are viewing this thread

Back