Lunar Fury

Sherwood

Luna's Concubine
Supporter
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
With the level of interest I got for the Lunar game idea, I'll go ahead and put this out and start taking players.

@Ebon_Arbiter, @Silent Wayfarer, and @Shining Lotus Sage all were interested in this last thread or have sent me PMs about this, so lets see who else is in the mood for some Lunar shinanigans.

The premise for the game is this: For some reason, your particular Shards have not been in Creation for the past 800 or so years, ever since the Fae Invasion and the Great Contagion. All of a sudden, your Exaltations have all appeared back in the mix all at once. The Silver Pact is able to rescue you from the Wyld Hunt, and you are sent to a Lunar master to train for whatever great purpose you are fated to take care of. You will all start the game knowing each other, having spent the past several years living in the valley of the Elder that has taken you under his wing.

This game is only for Lunars. No other kinds of Exalt are allowed. I am using the 2.5 errata, with the following changes to Character creation:

All characters start at Essence 3. With every dot of Essence you get, you add a free purchase of Ox Body Technique that do not count against your Charm totals to help you survive the combat to come, and you get 3 Knacks and 8 Charms/Knacks due to your intense training at the hands of the Lunar Elder. Also, you have Mentor of 3 for free. Plus, with the purchase of any Sorcery Charm, you get a spell for that level for free.

All Artifacts and Hearthstones rated up to level 3 are ok. Above that, you need a damn good story as to how/why a fledgling Lunar would have such a powerful item starting out.

The game is starting off in the South, so having a dot in Firespeak is advised.

I am NOT going to use the TAW rewrite for this, but you can pull Charms and Knacks out of the Glories of the Most High for Luna or from Dreams of the First Age if you can afford them.

What else? I'm sure that there are things that I forgot to cover that you'll bring up, so bring it on!

Woohoo!

My current idea is No Face Nanashi, an amnesiac Full Moon Caste Lunar who is on the very edge of chimerahood, whose sole memory of Luna at his Exaltation was commanding him to never give up hope and never stop helping others. If this isn't kosher, I can think of something else...

Greetings again and thank you Sherwood for the chance to participate in a Lunars - focused game in the awesome universe of Exalted. :) (I know I may be a bit too enthusiastic for my own good, but I can't help it).

Edit 1: In the past I had tried a Full Moon Lunar, a caravan guard hailing from Thorns, who had been attacked while on his way there by the forces of the dead, stood his ground against them and was eventually rescued by the Silver Pact. I've also given some thought in the past on another concept, a Changing Moon subtler character - vigilante, with both social graces and a more finesse over strength approach.

Edit 2: I wouldn't mind taking up the role of a No Moon sage - sorcerer, more scholarly individual, as a more "adventurous" Scavenger Lord type of character.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmmm I am interested. I have to find Silveria my only Lunar that I liked. But its been quite a while since I made a Lunar. Silveria Arc is a Changing Moon Trickster/Freelancing Troubleshooter.

No Moon Were-spider Cowboy with a marked propensity towards pushing people beyond their capabilities and a clear gambling problem. Eventually likely to do something stupid, like learning Necromancy without Occult skill. Got to get him out of my head.

Should emerge nicely from the Delzahn. If not, I can come up with something new once I see how the party develops. So far, it's not doubling up on anybody.

I would love a chance to play Silent Snow again who is a full moon from Thorns. Used to be a guard until stuff happened and lead to her exaltation and escape, thus she has a strong dislike of the dead. She is a dog totem and her charms focus around ripping some things apart and defending other things. You can see her in my avatar <----

Swan-totem Changing Moon who was mated to a famous hero of the First Age and wants to find him/her. Knows Dagger Wind Style (the one with the wing buffets).

As all the characters will have been training for a few years under this elder I was wondering what your thoughts would be on the Reputation merit? For example will they have been hidden away in the valley thus no real chance to gain a reputation except amoungst themselves?

You could have a Reputation amongst the Silver Pact, but not in the outside world.

It looks like there is enough interest for the game for me to set up the board. I'll put in the request to the Mods and once it is up we can move the discussion over there.

Would you accept a new player? I know Lunars aren't the default Exalt for the game, but are they too complicated for a new person to understand?

You'll need at least a basic knowledge of the game to be able to make up the sheet with the shapeshifting powers that the Lunars bring to the table. Other than that, I have no problem working with a new member to the site.

Okay, I'll take a shot at putting a sheet together in the next couple of days and see whether I can follow the process.

Just remember that I have given you extra starting goodies than what the book says.

Am I correct in assuming that our shards are broken so they can't settle on one of the 5 castes on their own and must be tattooed to select one of the 3?

Yeah, I'd really be interested in playing a lunar game (i've been playing lunar stuff for awhile now). Got some more room/a link to the forum?

Edit: Ahhh, you're putting up a request for them. My bad. Thought you sad you already had it. Still, would like to give this game a chance if I could.

Edit edit: Oh god, you're doing a game that's not in the east or scavangar lands? Want this so badly now.

Hmm, No moon, Focused on Craft... Could I have an knack that lets my womb count as a craft genesis laboratory?

vinom said:
Am I correct in assuming that our shards are broken so they can't settle on one of the 5 castes on their own and must be tattooed to select one of the 3?
Yes, you are tattooed.

hellrazoromega said:
Would you allow a Djala lunar?
Sure. Just pay for the mutations needed for the race with your bonus points and you're good.

vinom said:
Hmm, No moon, Focused on Craft... Could I have an knack that lets my womb count as a craft genesis laboratory?
I'm afraid. Very afraid. I will say 'no' to that.

Sherwood said:
I'm afraid. Very afraid. I will say 'no' to that.
I don't see why, Alchemicals get a charm that does this.... I mean potentially I could make a custom upgrade to Secure Den Prana which allows me to drag a workshop around with me but that seems a bit odd for my Bee Lunar.

And it's not like you still wouldn't have the final say on any creatures I choose to spawn.

Honestly I figured custom charms/knacks like this would be how I compensated for the fact that there are only two lunar crafting charms, and one of them is for tattooing people.

The board is now up and ready for your character submissions.

Well, I've looked at the rules and have some concepts, but honestly, I should probably pass on this one. Trying to learn a brand new system in the middle of a school semester is just asking for trouble. Have fun all!

I could be interested on this, but how serious/silly the intended mood for this game, because i have the concept for an Auroch totem Changing Moon (Or Full Moon), But s/he would be kind of a ditz.

Also, what is the limit to the number of players you will accept?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back