Lunar Children

Moonsilver

So when Lunars mate with animals they sometimes get Beastmen or intelligent animals.

But what happens when they have childern with a mortal or other Exalted? Some sort of God Blooded?

If a lunar has an Essence of 3 or less, they make... BABIES! just human babies. That is if they mate with said human outside the wyld.

If a lunar has an essence of 3 or less and mates with a human in the wyld they make beastmen.

If a lunar has an essence of 4 or greater, it doesn't matter where they are they can make beastmen. In 1E, this made them half-caste lunar beastmen.

At least that's how it was in 1E. I haven't checked my 2E Lunar book to see if such a rule still exists.

StarHawk said:
If a lunar has an Essence of 3 or less, they make... BABIES! just human babies. That is if they mate with said human outside the wyld.
If they're in human form. If they're in a non-human form nothing happens.

StarHawk said:
If a lunar has an essence of 3 or less and mates with a human in the wyld they make beastmen.
If they're in animal form. And I assume being in beastman form would create some sort of demi-beastman.

StarHawk said:
If a lunar has an essence of 4 or greater, it doesn't matter where they are they can make beastmen. In 1E, this made them half-caste lunar beastmen.
But if they mate with a human while human the result is a half-caste human, not a beastman (though that half-caste can learn DBT).

StarHawk said:
At least that's how it was in 1E. I haven't checked my 2E Lunar book to see if such a rule still exists.
They haven't released the book for god-blooded yet, so we'll have to wait and see.

In the 1E players guide it stated that a Lunar with essence 4 or greater can make beastmen outside the wyld. Or at least I'm pretty certain.

I thought there was something in the CCD:BI about the place of god blooded children who were the product of high essence DBs, not just the result of god-DB or god-mortal mating.  So high essence exalts producing "half-castes" seems to continue.  While no mechanics brought up, I'd imagine something similar to 1E will apply to all exalt types.

I've got a lunar, who's just hit essence 4, who's looking at making a race of intelligent songbirds. I get beastmen, but how does one go about making intelligent songbirds? (Speaking in the general mechanical sense, since the logistics of the actual moment of conception befuddle me).

Craft: Genesis, generally. Or the Lunar charm Nature Reinforcing Allocation, though such generally doesn't breed true...

I thought the 2E Lunar book spelled it out in the section on Halta, but nope.

Still leaves me with two ideas that don't involve YEARs of training up craft, lore, yada, yada, yada and then finding appropriate facilities and materials.

1) Okay, this takes years to build up the eseence, but once at essence 4, the exalt should be able to have god blooded children of any type.  I'm speculating on that, but it makes sense.  So, mate in song bird form with a song bird, and maybe the god blood bird can be intelligent enough.

2) The more likely explanation I read from the Halta chapter is Animal Avatars.    Either blessing certain of their flocks/packs/herds/schools/parliaments/murders/unkindenesses or making god bloods themselves (one of the early Solar signature character's familiars was a god blooded horse who was either the son of the horse avatar or descended from him).

So getting in good with the songbird avatar is another idea.

I thought the 2E Lunar book spelled it out in the section on Halta, but nope.

Still leaves me with two ideas that don't involve YEARs of training up craft, lore, yada, yada, yada and then finding appropriate facilities and materials.

1) Okay, this takes years to build up the eseence, but once at essence 4, the exalt should be able to have god blooded children of any type.  I'm speculating on that, but it makes sense.  So, mate in song bird form with a song bird, and maybe the god blood bird can be intelligent enough.

2) The more likely explanation I read from the Halta chapter is Animal Avatars.    Either blessing certain of their flocks/packs/herds/schools/parliaments/murders/unkindenesses or making god bloods themselves (one of the early Solar signature character's familiars was a god blooded horse who was either the son of the horse avatar or descended from him).

So getting in good with the songbird avatar is another idea.

I would think that if you mate with an animal while in your animal form that it should create something akin to Half-Caste, but for animals. As in order to make beastmen you have to be in animal form while the mate is in human, or vice versa. Otherwise human form to human makes a Half-Caste, assuming you are of at least Essence 4.

Jukashi said:
StarHawk said:
If they're in human form. If they're in a non-human form nothing happens.
Hey, when did Exalted become like that?

That has always been a part of the game, focused more so on the Lunars, and that is from 1st Ed.

In fact many a Lunar has had to tell the story to other fledgling Lunars of The Blessed Deliverer of Furry Bundles of Joy, a First Age Lunar with the Stork as her totem.

sorry if its off topic, but what happens when celestial exalts mate with other celestial exalts? I.e, two solars listening to too much Barry White, or a solar and a lunar *i think i've read some fluff about that being the norm*, etc. also, what happens when a solar mates with a dragon blooded exalt? very rare in the second age i suppose, but still.

jademonkeytechnique said:
sorry if its off topic, but what happens when celestial exalts mate with other celestial exalts? I.e, two solars listening to too much Barry White, or a solar and a lunar *i think i've read some fluff about that being the norm*, etc. also, what happens when a solar mates with a dragon blooded exalt? very rare in the second age i suppose, but still.
The child will be a Half-Caste based on the one with the higher Essence rating. If a Dragon-Blooded's involved, the child might Exalt later, but only if the other parent a) was lower Essence or b) was below Essence 4.

In case you're unfamiliar with the concept, a Half-Caste has some of the powers of their parent's Exalted type, but is much weaker than even a Dragon-Blood.

It also has to do with Exalted rank in the grand scheme of things. In short if you were to have a DB and a Solar mate and they were if Essence 4 or more then the child would be a Solar half-caste.

Only if they're the same essence Rating. If the DB is Essence 6 and the Solar is 4, the child will be a Half-Caste Dragon-Blooded.

Hmmm, and here I thought it would still be a Solar half-caste just because of the Incarna involved.

It actually isn't.

A God-Blood always favors the parent with the highest permanent Essence at the time of conception.
Then, if there's a tie, the primacy goes to a chart. Solar/Abyssal, Lunar/Sidereal, God/Demon/Terrestrial, Fair Folk/Elemental, Ghost. Still a tie, roll a die, odd they take after dad, even, after mom.

Of course, this assumes that they aren't going to Exalt as a Dragonblood, which is a separate die roll, which supersedes God-Blooded-ness (or at least Half-Caste of anything but Terrestrial, anyhow, nothing says you can't have a Ghost-Blood Exalt, after all) if it's gonna happen.

Eh, been there done that. Inheritance 6 Sidereal Half Castes happened. With their Essence awakened already at birth too. Guess Pregnancy isn't necessarily the best time to increase one's Essence. Oops.

*chuckles* But I've been the recipient of one too many odd and accidental preganancies. I've stopped playing virgin characters, because if I do, the first time they get laid....pregnant. Saddest case of that was the 16 year old Valedictorian with a 15th gen vamp in OWoD. Funny as all get out...but just wrong. Best part...coming in with the pregnancy test, shoving it under the poor guy's nose, and going, "I thought you were dead!" Surprised the hell out of him too, of course.

Then again, I've even managed to have a kid without sleeping with anyone in a D&D game...Created a baby Dryad out of a tree that was the focus for a powerful Mythal in order to keep the tree from dying. Pissed the crap out of the Elf we'd gotten to try and fix the issue when I poured a whole batch of Dryad Cordial and some healing potions around the tree in an attempt to help. So much so, he forgot a few magical toys in our possession. ^.^ Fun times.

Anywho. I'm rambling. Again. Ah well. n.n *shuts up*

Users who are viewing this thread

Back