Lore5: Suggestions

Zaramis

The Lore5 submissions are great and all that, but I have some suggestions and opinions about them. I didn't know if this was the proper board for them, but Ill post them here:

1: It would be really really helpful if the "type" of the charm / artifact / hearthstone would be listed in the lists of added content. Right now, there's no way for me to check for all Dragon Blooded things. I can check for specific Air-charms, but I can't check everything-Dragonblooded, like I'd want to.

To include this, there'd be a category where you could choose from DB, Solar, etc, and also a "General" category, which would include artifacts that wasnt specifically targeted at a specific Exalted type etc.

2. Is it possible to include submitted Locations / Organizations / NPC's, or is the submissions only concerning game-mechanic stuff? For my games, I try to keep the power level down on "trinkets" and new charms and such, and instead focus on making the world of Exalted come alive. Having a set of organizations and locations to view would be great, and Ive seen many good could-be submissions posted on these boards.

Edit: I noticed the part where Stillborn said that the Lore5 system would eventually include all sorts of submissions, so I guess my Point 2 is nullified.

Thanks!

Want me to stick a poll on this thread? People like polls. They're like a very, very short game.

-S

Re: Suggestions

Zaramis said:
It would be really really helpful if the "type" of the charm / artifact / hearthstone would be listed in the lists of added content. Right now, there's no way for me to check for all Dragon Blooded things. I can check for specific Air-charms, but I can't check everything-Dragonblooded, like I'd want to.
To include this, there'd be a category where you could choose from DB, Solar, etc, and also a "General" category, which would include artifacts that wasnt specifically targeted at a specific Exalted type etc.
What if things fall into multiple categories?  At what point do you stop?  Pretty soon you have "I want to search for all things with Military applications in the East" and categorization becomes a nightmare.  Put too much load on the submitter to specify their item and they will refuse to do so, which will defeat the value of the system.

If you want, for example, the "newest items" list to say "this is an Air-Aspected Hearthstone" as well as the name/author/etc., that is possible.

If you want "all DB Charms, all Elemental Hearthstones", or similar searches, those are also possible.

Zaramis said:
2. Is it possible to include submitted Locations / Organizations / NPC's, or is the submissions only concerning game-mechanic stuff? For my games, I try to keep the power level down on "trinkets" and new charms and such, and instead focus on making the world of Exalted come alive. Having a set of organizations and locations to view would be great, and Ive seen many good could-be submissions posted on these boards.
Character submissions are on my TODO list.  Locations and organizations are as well, though at a lower priority.  I've been giving serious thought to how to do an actual geographic map of places and such, but I've also been very busy at work.

The only thing I'd like to be able to search on was basically:

Solar, Dragon-Blooded, Lunar, Abyssal, etc. for the charms

And the types of Hearthstones ( they already put the info in, it just doesnt display on the listings, only when you click on the item )

Zaramis said:
The only thing I'd like to be able to search on was basically:
Solar, Dragon-Blooded, Lunar, Abyssal, etc. for the charms

And the types of Hearthstones ( they already put the info in, it just doesnt display on the listings, only when you click on the item )
You can already look at the individual Charm trees by Exalt type (e.g. Charms -> DB Charms -> DB Melee).  Are you asking for a view which is "All User-Submitted DB Charms on one page"?

Also, what are you talking about for hearthstones?  You can already choose, e.g. Air-Aspected Hearthstones.  What is it that "doesn't display on the listing, only when you click on the item"?

I mean, when you click on "Newest items", it doesn't display any of that. There aren't very many charms added right now, so it would be handy to see what sort they were submitted as, right there when you click "Newest items", where they now only display author and the same of the charm / hearthstone etc.

Just wondering really if Character submissions is something that will be moved to Lore 5 too, or is that going to stay on the Forum?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back