Long Time Chat Roleplayer, Coming to Forums!

Dak Sevkla

Hello all!

I'm Dak, at least in here I am. I've been roleplaying in Chat rooms since the advent of AOL chat rooms, back in the Black Bayou days. Since then, I've gone to Yahoo IM's (Until they killed user made chats because of Pedo's), and ended up over at The Keep. With the dwindling activity over at TK unfortunately, I've been looking for a new home. So, I asked over on Reddit/r/roleplay, and this wonderful place was recommended! I've never done Forum RP before, but it seems like a perfect fit for my more busy lifestyle 15 some odd years since I started in chat rooms!

About me, 27 years old, I work in IT, transitioning over to Web Design hopefully any day now. I've RPed so many characters in so many settings...

• Resident Evil RP's (Once started a new infection that spread throughout the RP. Went overboard there...)
  • Buffy RP's (One I played as Mega Man in. Oh, young me)
  • Fantasy RP's (Generally your 'Here's an Inn in a fantasy world' types)
  • Sci-Fi(Ran a bridge for a while on a big ship, fun times)
  • Vampire RP's (Of all sorts)
  • Mixed RP's (Crossroads over on TK, island people were being suddenly teleported to from their own realms, great times)

Point is, I've done a lot, been all over, and cannot WAIT to get in on some rp's here. It's been a few years, but I'm more than ready to get back into it.

Welcome to RpN! Glad to see another oldie (chat room RPer) is still kickin'. I've really come to like this site. Hope you have fun exploring, and feel free to hit me up if you have questions. Or, just check out the FAQ section. -chuckle-

ProficientlyAwkward said:
Welcome to RpN! Glad to see another oldie (chat room RPer) is still kickin'. I've really come to like this site. Hope you have fun exploring, and feel free to hit me up if you have questions. Or, just check out the FAQ section. -chuckle-
Thanks for the welcome! I'm poking around recruitment threads, introduction threads, tutorial threads...Got an Avatar set up...We're getting settled in :)

ProficientlyAwkward said:
D'aw. A little forest spirit. And you're also a Ghibli fan, then! You'll do juuuuust fine 'round these parts, I think. ;)
I've got that Kodama on every Avatar I can get it on. I've got a little clay one on my monitor here at work too!

I can really relate to shaking my head all over the place and disappearing.

Dak! Welcome from another newbie to the site. You are going to just love it. So many role plays to choose from and great people to write with.

show105.gif

[QUOTE="Tiny Dancer]Dak! Welcome from another newbie to the site. You are going to just love it. So many role plays to choose from and great people to write with.

[/QUOTE]
I won't lie, I'm very, very impressed so far. Seems like a great community you've all got here.

Welcome fellow newcomer. Definitely like your avatar choice as well. In reading that you have a clay one on your desk I must know whether you made it yourself or it's something I can throw money at.

Vilhelm said:
Welcome fellow newcomer. Definitely like your avatar choice as well. In reading that you have a clay one on your desk I must know whether you made it yourself or it's something I can throw money at.
Definitely did not make it myself. Grabbed it at an Anime Convention here in Pittsburgh. Or rather, my girlfriend bought it for me from an anime convention. You should be able to find a ton on etsy I would figure...

[QUOTE="Dak Sevkla]Haha, thanks! Pretty awesome setup here, multiple tabs per thread makes every RP feel more like a home.

[/QUOTE]
I'm glad you think so! When I first joined, it took me longer than I care to admit to figure out the tabs.

Tell us more about your experiences in IT and web design! I'm actually working on completing a web design certification at my community college right now - as well as a transferable AS in IT. I'm thinking of going into information systems, doing office support type stuff.

welian said:
I'm glad you think so! When I first joined, it took me longer than I care to admit to figure out the tabs.
Tell us more about your experiences in IT and web design! I'm actually working on completing a web design certification at my community college right now - as well as a transferable AS in IT. I'm thinking of going into information systems, doing office support type stuff.
Got a job doing global IT at a steel manufacturer. Lots of fixing Adobe Reader and silly Office problems. Every so often someone gets Cryptowall or some other terrible thing that destroys the whole machine, it's been a real blast. After about 4-5 years I've gotten terrible jaded. So, I took a job at the same place in Web Design. Been 4 months, still haven't transferred over :/ . Working on training up my replacement though, so it should be soon.

Took classes on HTML5 and CSS3 and ColdFusion, which is what we use here. Went to school for Game Art and Design, and taught myself coding. So it's not bad, pretty easy to pick up.

(( sorry for bothering you but heads up i just want you to know i gotsta meet my 10+ message criteria so someone pls chat with me in super bored anyways))

Hi.:closed eyes open smile:

Definitely did not make it myself. Grabbed it at an Anime Convention here in Pittsburgh. Or rather, my girlfriend bought it for me from an anime convention. You should be able to find a ton on etsy I would figure...
etsy is taking over pintrest and craigs list

Welcome fren, from the local otter enthusiast!
Hopefully you find everything you're looking for! I myself can usually be found lurking around the fantasy forums, general chat areas, and (of course) the discord chat :3 feel free to come say hi any time ^D^

Welcome fren, from the local otter enthusiast!
Hopefully you find everything you're looking for! I myself can usually be found lurking around the fantasy forums, general chat areas, and (of course) the discord chat :3 feel free to come say hi any time ^D^
Hi! ^D^^D^^D^^D^

Users who are viewing this thread

Back