• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

OOC Little Talks

btw, has anyone seen dungeon meshi on netflix?

Another question (but related to the RP), did the literature about dragons have anything about potential weak points in the dragon's scales? Got the idea from Dungeon Meshi.
Just about what you'd expect. The underbelly area, which is nowhere near as armored, though at the same time it's not typically exposed, either. Aside from that, the head - eyes and the brain behind them, the mouth itself is a potential weak point while open. The wings are a weak point in terms of movement and agility, though particularly large ones benefit from needing more damage to disable them, however crippling the wings would still leave one with a powerful, as well as enraged, grounded threat.

I'm really sorry. :/ I didn't log in for a few days. And then I still didn't log in for a few days more. And then I skidded along in a patch of not logging in and not doing much of anything creativity-wise and now I've got over a hundred alerts and apparently "a few days" somehow turned into over a month and catching up feels more overwhelming than I'd been afraid of. I'll do my best but I don't know how good that's going to be, if any good at all.
I know what that's like. Don't beat yourself up over it, I am overall saddened by the lack of progress while at the same time understanding little can be done. I'm mainly thankful that the few of you haven't disappeared altogether, even while realizing that the longer this situation persists, the greater the risk becomes *whine*

At this point I am well in favor of quantity over quality, at least for as long as it takes to get through this bit.

Uhhh. So. I'd really love to get things moving along again - I don't like how "out of it" I am feeling. I see that Parrot Parfait Parrot Parfait has posted, and I suppose Kaerri Kaerri is actually just channeling the spell so she doesn't need to make a reply apart from wanting to. What about you, Rekai Leon Rekai Leon ? Are you with us?

Thanks for posting, Kaerri. I think from now on, as long as we're at this low player count, I'll update things as soon as we're 2/3 ready. Rekai Leon Rekai Leon seems to be experiencing difficulties if he's not even able to check in OOC wise 😅

Sorry for this lousy first half of 2024, I'm really going to make an effort to get things up to speed, assuming you two (maybe even three if Rekai comes around) are up for it. Thanks for sticking around, too... :c *woof*

Would like to get the ball a rollin' again if we can, especially with the current altercation 0_0
Faron is currently still chanting the spell, so I would say it'd be safe to move a step forward under the assumption Faron will continue and finish his spell unless Rekai Leon Rekai Leon objects. Also, if we do move on, Rekai Leon Rekai Leon will have a lot more to write about with the golem active as opposed to still being stuck in chanting :3

Right. Sorry for not replying sooner, been struggling a with motivation and depression again lol *whine*

I need to review the situation and get my thoughts in order. Let's get the ball rolling this weekend! *woof*

Hang in there, just when I get my sh*t together I end up away from home all day long for two days... I'll ping you guys when I update the game *woof*

pops back into existence and then flutters onto a branch nearby
I've also been busy in the real world xD Though, definitely not as stressful as university (uni makes me go 🫠)

Right. Sorry for not replying sooner, been struggling a with motivation and depression again lol *whine*

I need to review the situation and get my thoughts in order. Let's get the ball rolling this weekend! *woof*

I've been in a similar situation of late. We'll get there!

Hello everyone,

I'm really sorry for being inactive for the last few months and causing so many delays. I have been thinking for a really long time if I should continue doing this roleplay. I am just not interested and motivated to do this anymore. I did not tell you sooner because I did not believe it myself. I really like this roleplay, I had a lot of fun, and all of you are very friendly. The stars seem to align, but for some reason, I have been unable to be active as expected. The more I try to write a reply, the more I feel like it is a chore instead of something I genuinely enjoy.

After thinking this through, I believe that I should now be honest with you and myself. I do not want this awesome roleplay to die out, and the best thing I can do to keep it going is probably to withdraw from it. I do not want to be stuck in a loop where I have to force myself to write a mediocre reply, then procrastinate for months, then apology, then force myself to write another mediocre reply again. I should not continue making you wait months after months because of my procrastination.

I am writing to let you know that I am withdrawing from this roleplay. I would really appreciate it if someone could help me continue Faron's story, but if noone can, that's okay - I understand. I would like to thank all of you for making my journey in this roleplay memorable, and I wish you all the best.

Kind regards,
Rekai.

Sorry to see you leave, but it sounds like you're making the best decision for yourself and for the roleplay. Roleplaying should be for fun, not feel like another job. We'll see each other around the site, and maybe get to RP again in the future sometime. ^33^

Oof, that's unfortunate to hear, but thank you for being honest and most of all telling us. Regardless of the speedbumps in the way, seeing the fun yet brief journey you and Faron took has been fun and exciting :^D
I wish you all the best!

Hello everyone,

I'm really sorry for being inactive for the last few months and causing so many delays. I have been thinking for a really long time if I should continue doing this roleplay. I am just not interested and motivated to do this anymore. I did not tell you sooner because I did not believe it myself. I really like this roleplay, I had a lot of fun, and all of you are very friendly. The stars seem to align, but for some reason, I have been unable to be active as expected. The more I try to write a reply, the more I feel like it is a chore instead of something I genuinely enjoy.

After thinking this through, I believe that I should now be honest with you and myself. I do not want this awesome roleplay to die out, and the best thing I can do to keep it going is probably to withdraw from it. I do not want to be stuck in a loop where I have to force myself to write a mediocre reply, then procrastinate for months, then apology, then force myself to write another mediocre reply again. I should not continue making you wait months after months because of my procrastination.

I am writing to let you know that I am withdrawing from this roleplay. I would really appreciate it if someone could help me continue Faron's story, but if noone can, that's okay - I understand. I would like to thank all of you for making my journey in this roleplay memorable, and I wish you all the best.

Kind regards,
Rekai.
I understand you 100%. Things are what they are, at least we've always been honest about it. If you don't have the time and motivation to play (and time and motivation are factors that change over time), then you don't - thanks for being fair and letting me know. I'm not sure what you mean by someone helping you continue Faron's story, though? When a player leaves, I normally try to write an exit that is lore friendly and makes sense - since you are leaving right in the middle of fighting a dragon, we have a few... options 😅 Heroic death being one ^^ If you don't clarify your wishes, I will most likely have Faron go missing somehow during the battle, and his fate will remain unknown. That's my preferred way, because it keeps options on the table *woof*

Kaerri Kaerri Parrot Parfait Parrot Parfait I am profoundly sorry for my absence. The last time I genuinely intended to get moving again like I said - then I got really sick the next day, for about a week, then had to go on another trip for a few days, and when I came back I just encountered... psychological difficulties lol. Like a rough patch or something. I couldn't find the clarity needed to pick up the pieces and I felt really bad about it this whole time. In truth I feel lucky that I came back to find only 1 resignation on my desk *whine*

Assuming you two are actually up for it, perhaps we can even blitz through this encounter? If the three of us are willing and able?

That said, I'm really going to have to enlist a couple new players now. We've hit the bare minimum for the first time in history, I believe... Entirely understandable, of course. Even expected, maybe...

I'll definitely be checking RPN at least once a day if not more often from now on *woof*

No worries. I've been through something similar myself this year, so I know these things happen and there's not always something we can do about it except ride it out and hope someone's on the other side. ^;3^ It's really good to hear from you again! Glad you're doing better now. <3

I'm still here and still up for continuing. Maggie happens to be one of those I can pick up again whenever, fortunately!

As always, real life takes priority! If you need to to recuperate (especially after a trip) then take the time to do so. Though, seeing you back on RPN is certainly nice :^D

I'm also totally down for continuing. Also, moving quickly through this chapter quickly sounds like a good idea, especially since we have some new players waiting

We had one player in the process of character creation... months ago. I did warn him things would probably be even slower than expected, and we actually haven't spoken since. So I'm not sure if he's still around - I'll try to find out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back