linguistics prayer social attack

Zin

Could a Solar create new or use the existing charms to do social attacks on prayers to heaven?

I seem to remember from somwhere that prayers get delivered to heaven as scripts or scrolls.

Most everything that goes to Heaven is cataloged with paperwork somewhere along the way, but gods hear prayers directed at them. There's probably a massive archive of non-specific prayers that do appear as scrolls from the start.

Using prayer as a social attack is not an explored part of the system. It would be up to your Storyteller whether it's possible and what form that kind of thing took. While it would be appropriate to substitute Linguistics for Appearance as if it were a written attack, it would still logically work more like a spoken attack without Charms or other special circumstances to change things up.

So a linguistics charm that enhances a spoken attack, so that when someone writes down what he heard it activates?

Are you using a prayer as an attack, or attacking to disrupt someone else's prayer?

A prayer as an attack might be a simple Performance or supplemental Occult charm targeting a Celestial god to whom the prayer is directed. The charm might make it possible to perform the attack through the prayer system, and with a combo of other social charms, might be really effective. I'd put a charm like this at Essence 5-6 at least.

Targeting someone else's prayer might be a Bureaucracy charm that is used either in/on the place of worship/congregation/minister you are trying to disrupt. Alternatively, it could be used in the Bureau of Yu-Shan where the prayer is directed.I'd definitely put it in Bureaucracy and probably at about Essence 3-4.

Either way, a charm like this should require a roll of some kind and take the difference between the attacker's and defender's Essence into account.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back