Legend of Zelda RP?

Hey peeps, would any of you know where I could go to find advice on designing dungeons. I just realized I'm going to have to create around eight or nine dungeons in all T-T

A... very good question. Once long ago I made DnD dungeons for my game. I had a whole underdark for my amusement. xD But uh... I can't for the life of me recall where or what I used to make it. I'll scan about and see what I can find.

Myllinnia said:
A... very good question. Once long ago I made DnD dungeons for my game. I had a whole underdark for my amusement. xD But uh... I can't for the life of me recall where or what I used to make it. I'll scan about and see what I can find.
Anything you could find would be a great help and truly appreciated 'w'

I know I have a set of links somewhere in this scattered array of browsers that might have lead to an online tool or three. Actually... RPTools.net (Maptools and a creative use of printscreen and MSPaint (or other pic manipulator) might get you as close as you want with a price of 0$. xD )

Now I remember what I used for my long since UnderDark. Photoshop (GIMP I think works as well) and a guide. (I'd go with Maptools as I no longer have a working link for the guide.)

Tomorrow I will see if I can find a better system. But these were the ones I used in my Pre-Exalted (needs no map) stage. xD

Myllinnia said:
I know I have a set of links somewhere in this scattered array of browsers that might have lead to an online tool or three. Actually... RPTools.net (Maptools and a creative use of printscreen and MSPaint (or other pic manipulator) might get you as close as you want with a price of 0$. xD )
Now I remember what I used for my long since UnderDark. Photoshop (GIMP I think works as well) and a guide. (I'd go with Maptools as I no longer have a working link for the guide.)

Tomorrow I will see if I can find a better system. But these were the ones I used in my Pre-Exalted (needs no map) stage. xD
Thanks a bunch for the stuff you got me so far. I'll check this stuff out and see what I can come up with 'w'.

There's a small abundance of online dungeon generators on the internet, most of them at least partly free, which offer fairly simple and quick dungeon creation. I did quite a bit of research once upon a time because I thought I'd need it, but of course I ended up doing everything myself, from scratch, like always because my perfectionism wouldn't let me be satisfied with that I've found regardless of how good it was.

Myllinnia seems to be nudging you in the right direction, so I'll refrain from showering you with more links. Not that I have them at the ready, anyway. Dungeons are easy to create if you keep it simple and have a basic idea on what you're trying to do.

Volk said:
There's a small abundance of online dungeon generators on the internet, most of them at least partly free, which offer fairly simple and quick dungeon creation. I did quite a bit of research once upon a time because I thought I'd need it, but of course I ended up doing everything myself, from scratch, like always because my perfectionism wouldn't let me be satisfied with that I've found regardless of how good it was.
Myllinnia seems to be nudging you in the right direction, so I'll refrain from showering you with more links. Not that I have them at the ready, anyway. Dungeons are easy to create if you keep it simple and have a basic idea on what you're trying to do.
Thanks 'w'

Also, I was able to nab a D&D for dummies book from the library I work at, so that'll help a bit too 'w'

[QUOTE="Pichu Pi]Is the game up yet? I wanna play so bad

[/QUOTE]
I believe the Storyteller is still dungeoneering. Or was it spelunking*

[QUOTE="Pichu Pi]Is the game up yet? I wanna play so bad

[/QUOTE]
This is my first time ever attempt and RP of this magnitude, so it'll be a while yet.

Hey there! I was linked to this by one of the members here. I'm actually in the process of making a Zelda RP myself. xD I was wondering how far along in the project you are? And if you're interested in possible collaboration?

Midna said:
Hey there! I was linked to this by one of the members here. I'm actually in the process of making a Zelda RP myself. xD I was wondering how far along in the project you are? And if you're interested in possible collaboration?
I only really got the basic story done. I'd love to share ideas with you and would be totally open to collaborate 'w'

Articus said:
I only really got the basic story done. I'd love to share ideas with you and would be totally open to collaborate 'w'
My site is almost complete, although it needs tweaking and review of things. If nothing else, and our ideas don't mesh, we can always affiliate with one another? I'd love to chat with you about this, if you have AIM send me a message at kaylalilykarma, or PM me? I haven't got 10 posts yet sadly so I can't send you a PM. ;-; /noobsniffle/

As much as I'd lick to say that there's been stuff done, its still all in concept. I've been grappling with a million creative things and the fact that I have no idea how to design dungeons has left this in the back part of my lists of things to do.

Hey Articus, Realms of Hyrule (the site I came from) has a specific forum-made Zelda system if you're interested? Also expressing my interest xD I was gonna start my own but I would rather play.

Varod said:
Hey Articus, Realms of Hyrule (the site I came from) has a specific forum-made Zelda system if you're interested? Also expressing my interest xD I was gonna start my own but I would rather play.
Well, this will be a long time coming, as I'm going crazy with school stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back