League of Legends RP

Dusk1

Rengoo
So I had this idea pop into my head while talking with Wizard last night. What if we were to have a League of Legends RP? Basically we're summoners and caretakers of a single champion of your choice. It's based in the Fields of Justice and Institute of War.

So yeah. Do whatever you guys do lol.

Wait, I played this game once. It didn't come across as a game which had any story, character personality or lore whatsoever. But I only played it for a short while before I went back to Warcraft III to play the original DotA, which kicks feckin' ass by the way. So my question is, am I wrong in saying that there's not much story going on in this universe?

Medelsvensson said:
So my question is, am I wrong in saying that there's not much story going on in this universe?
Sort of.

There is a body of lore comprised of the backstory of each character and a few other writings. However it doesn't really affect the gameplay of the game so much as what characters are likely to have certain types of skins. And even that is questionable. Still, there is some lore.

Yet I've no idea how or why you'd RP it.

(however from the first post my first imagining is that you are a mental health professional who is trying to help one of the characters reconcile their messed up life or past in order to stop going on a murderous rampage.. those poor poor minions)

Feantari said:
Sort of.
There is a body of lore comprised of the backstory of each character and a few other writings. However it doesn't really affect the gameplay of the game so much as what characters are likely to have certain types of skins. And even that is questionable. Still, there is some lore.

Yet I've no idea how or why you'd RP it.

(however from the first post my first imagining is that you are a mental health professional who is trying to help one of the characters reconcile their messed up life or past in order to stop going on a murderous rampage.. those poor poor minions)
Reminds me of a Cthulhutech game concept where the players were support staff for an Engel pilot.

This could work, there is quite a bit lore there and enough space to expand for the game. It'd take a good ST and time, and I'm not sure the players would have a lot of fun purely as support crew. I think you might get the same game with a purpose-made setting. Hell, I'm pretty sure I've got an interest check of the sort here somewhere.

Anyway, if someone presents a compelling way for this to work I'll consider it.

Basically, what I'm going for is a multiple character RP for everyone. You're a summoner AND a champion. But what I mean by summoner is like a caretaker summoner. You still go to the Fields of Justice n' stuff. You continue some of the backstory of the champions, like the TF vs Graves relationship or Rengar vs Kha.

If you catch my drift.

I'd have to pick Nasus...

(wait, now this thread sounds like a ranked pick discussion.. nooooooo)

That's how stuff goes~

Current possible picks, I'm going to wait for 4 people to say their champions in here.

Ahri

Akali

Alistar

Amumu

Anivia

Annie

Ashe

Blitzcrank

Brand

Caitlyn

Cassiopeia

Cho'Gath

Corki

Darius

Diana

Doctor Mundo

Draven

Evelynn

Ezreal

Fiddlesticks

Fiora

Fizz

Galio

Gangplank

Garen

Gragas

Graves

Hecarim

Heimerdinger

Irelia

Janna

Jarvan IV

Jax

Jayce

Karma who?

Karthus

Kassadin

Katarina

Kayle

Kennen

Kha'zix

LeBlanc

Lee Sin

Leona

Lulu

Lux

Malphite

Malzahar

Maokai

Master Runfast (Yi)

Miss Fortune

Mordekaiser

Morgana

Nami

Nautilus

Nidalee

Nunu

Olaf

Orianna

Pantheon

Poppy

Quinn

Rammus

Renekton

Rengar

Riven

Rumble

Ryze

Sejuani

Shaco

Shen

Shyvana

Sion

Sivir

Skarner

Sona

Soraka

Swain

Syndra

Talon

Taric

Teemo

Thresh

Tristana

Trundle

Tryhardamere

Twisted Fate

Twitch

Udyr

Urgot

Varus

Vayne

Veigar

Vi

Viktor

Vladimir

Volibear

Warwick

Wukong

Xerath

Xin Zhao

Yorick

Ziggs

Zilean

Zyra

Kog'Maw, Nasus, Zed and Elise have been taken.

Zed!

And I know someone who may be interested in Warwick or Diana...

But that still depends on how this looks by submission time. System, for example?

(Also I should add that while the only thing I could play in a game like this is Nasus, I still don't really see what this game would be trying to actually play out. Probably best not to consider me in.)

All Wolf can say is... I agree with Feantari's post:

Feantari said:
(Also I should add that while the only thing I could play in a game like this is Nasus, I still don't really see what this game would be trying to actually play out. Probably best not to consider me in.)
Literally. Every word.

I like LoL (much more organized than the version of Doata i played), but i'm not sure how could this works. Also my current main is Nocturne, which could... complications (not to mention that it isn't on that list).

Madmal said:
I like LoL (much more organized than the version of Doata i played), but i'm not sure how could this works. Also my current main is Nocturne, which could... complications (not to mention that it isn't on that list).
I literally, forgot to write Nocturnes name in that list.

Baaah. He's allowed, just will need some thoughts to his character. Like some sort of secret secondary personality only known to his caretaker

As cheesy as that is.

LoL has nothing to base an RP on. The characters are flat with no depth. The most detailed and interesting League of Legends Champions hardly have more character than my breakfast did this morning. There is some world lore to work off of, but in general, the idea of RPing LoL just falls so much shorter of just playing the game.

I don't mean to sound too harsh, though I probably did. I just do not see much value in RPing LoL characters. I can kind of understand roleplaying the setting of LoL (Ionia/Noxus/etc..) as new peopel in the setting... but honestly, the heroes of LoL are boring beyond belief.

Figures. But everything is worth a shot. The most likely of things to work tend to succeed in amazing ways. Giving things a chance is what roleplaying is all about. Basing a roleplay doesn't involve the poor lore of a game, rather the imaginations of a player.

Even though I agree with Pine that the game is one of the poorer choices of what to base an RP off, you should still go forward and submit if you feel it is something you want to do.

Medelsvensson said:
Even though I agree with Pine that the game is one of the poorer choices of what to base an RP off, you should still go forward and submit if you feel it is something you want to do.
What Medel said :D !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back